Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Your salesman was wrong.
There's a surprise.

But he was. Melekith has it right, and snow/wet mode was a factor in my forking out for the Premium trim. It's very effective and makes the car much more useable in foul weather.
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
This car hates ice. Doors won't close until all ice on windows is removed and melted off. The glass creaks and any remaining ice on the car rattles more than I've noticed on other cars.

Traction is better than expected, though.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Got my 2015 Ecoboost Premium with manual trans over the weekend and drove it in a few inches of snow with the factor 19" all season tires. I put two 50 lb sandbags in the trunk and it's been fine with takeoff from a stop. It does slide a bit on some icier patches but the stability control kicks in. I haven't used the snow mode much.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bay1Stang said:
This car hates ice. Doors won't close until all ice on windows is removed and melted off. The glass creaks and any remaining ice on the car rattles more than I've noticed on other cars.

Traction is better than expected, though.
I concur with this 100% especially the glass creaking. And my traction has been way better than I expected. I can totally drive this car in the Winter.

arghx7 said:
Got my 2015 Ecoboost Premium with manual trans over the weekend and drove it in a few inches of snow with the factor 19" all season tires. I put two 50 lb sandbags in the trunk and it's been fine with takeoff from a stop. It does slide a bit on some icier patches but the stability control kicks in. I haven't used the snow mode much.
I don't even have the snow mode in my base model, I haven't used any sandbags, and I have the v8. I just start in 2nd gear and it's been totally fine. I just drive very safely knowing that the grass will be greener on the other side (literally with Spring around the corner) :thumbsup:
Sponsored