Sponsored

2015 Mustang Full Dealer Product Guide!

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
I'm not sure if I missed it or what, but I don't see any info on the GT premium (400A) 9 speaker stereo package. I'm curious of it's wattage / speaker placement.

Also, I'm not getting PP on my GT, which looks like I get 235's all the way around. My KIA has 235's...on an SUV. BOOOO!!! :shrug:
It does say that GT Premium gets 9 speakers and amplifier but not the wattage. However when I placed my order they called it shaker 500. The upgrade was shaker 1000 with 12 speakers and something like 1200 watts yet this says 12 speakers 550 watts. Now I'm confused.
Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Just get them sand blasted and powder coated.
Yes, I have done this with 2 sets of wheels. I good place will charge anywhere from $60 to $100 a wheel, but this does not include unmounting and mounting the tires. Figure about $400 - $450 total and you can have any color you want.
Last place I had them done, 4 day turn around.

I actually had one set of wheels done twice on my Nismo 370Z, had them done metallic matt gray, then satin black. The finish held up great. Powder coating is really durable, more so then painted wheels.

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I'm thinking that Sand-blasting is probably not a good idea.
A lot of places use walnut shells or other less abrasive materials. If you take them to a powder coater, make sure it is a place that has experience in dealing with alloy wheels, they will know how to prep them properly.
If you live in So. Cal. a couple of really good places would be:

Embee Performance - Santa Ana (They do over 500 pairs a week)
Olympic Powder Coating - Also Santa Ana (lots of high end alloy cycle and auto parts)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I'm a retired Ford Transmission Engineer. The current 6-sp auto (6R) was developed many years ago in conjunction with ZF industries in Germany. Fill for life means just that, never touching the trans oil. Only under extreme conditions and excessive mileage should you ever need to change the trans oil.
Thanks for the info!

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A lot of places use walnut shells or other less abrasive materials. If you take them to a powder coater, make sure it is a place that has experience in dealing with alloy wheels, they will know how to prep them properly.

Olympic Powder Coating - Also Santa Ana (lots of high end alloy cycle and auto parts)
I live way up north! Have to find some good shop here.

Anyways, how much does this process cost? Also, what kind of finish I can get with powder coating? Matte? Gloss? Or can I choose somewhere in between?

If I can get this done in less than $1K, then I will get the PP now and next year get these ugly glossy black wheels painted in some other color/finish that I like.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'm a retired Ford Transmission Engineer. The current 6-sp auto (6R) was developed many years ago in conjunction with ZF industries in Germany. Fill for life means just that, never touching the trans oil. Only under extreme conditions and excessive mileage should you ever need to change the trans oil.

The 6R trans does have a mini dipstick located on the passenger side of the trans, but it is only accessible if you put the vehicle on a hoist. It is intended for technicians only, not for customer access. The mini dipstick has a cover over it that must be removed first. I have been retired for 6 years now, but I do remember that this mini-dipstick was intentionally left off the owners manual to keep people from messing with the trans oil. There was a special fill tool that we used to add oil via the mini-dipstick access. I don't know if anything in the design has changed since I have been gone.
If I would keep this car for 10 to 15 years and put 150K miles (with multiple trips down the 1/8 and 1/4 mile) I am going to swap the transmission fluid out at some point. It may work for 95% of cars on the road but for that 5% of us we will need to know the procedure for draining and filling it. I'm sure we will find out. Thanks for the information. It will be one of the first things I check when I get it up on ramps for the first oil change.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon

The 6R trans does have a mini dipstick located on the passenger side of the trans, but it is only accessible if you put the vehicle on a hoist. It is intended for technicians only, not for customer access. The mini dipstick has a cover over it that must be removed first. I have been retired for 6 years now, but I do remember that this mini-dipstick was intentionally left off the owners manual to keep people from messing with the trans oil. There was a special fill tool that we used to add oil via the mini-dipstick access. I don't know if anything in the design has changed since I have been gone.
Thanks for posting. Good to know.

Curious. What do you consider to be "Extreme conditions and excessive mileage"?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It may work for 95% of cars on the road but for that 5% of us we will need to know the procedure for draining and filling it.
Curious. What do you consider to be "Extreme conditions and excessive mileage"?
That is the question of the hour! Also, it would be interesting to know the durability testing that went into the transmission.

Unfortunately, our beloved product guide doesn't go into that level of detail :)

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Track mode being the same as the "track key" in the boss and mustang?!
From what I've seen listed it is very similar. :D

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP

Exactly. I should have said that "media-blasting" with something like walnut shells would be much better. I don't think using actual sand/silica would be a good choice on wheels. I imagine that it would pit them pretty bad.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
That is the question of the hour! Also, it would be interesting to know the durability testing that went into the transmission.

Unfortunately, our beloved product guide doesn't go into that level of detail :)
Well, it does say this:

"150,000-mile transmission fluid/filter maintenance interval(2) for manual and automatic transmission."

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
yea I was just going to post that
New Bitmap Image.jpg

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Well, it does say this:

"150,000-mile transmission fluid/filter maintenance interval(2) for manual and automatic transmission."
Well, 150K miles is generally considered to be the design lifespan of cars these days. 15-20 years ago, the number was only 100K, so its moving up. But I'm not sure that 150K is low enough these either. I've got 321K on my '98 Mountaineer. I think as cars become more rust-resistant and new prices continue to climb, people will just drive old cars longer.

My Mountie is on its second transfer case and second rear axle. However, the engine (5.0L) and trans have run fine with normal maintenance. Aside from plugs/wires/belts/hose, I've put a water pump and timing chain on it. But that's it. That suggests to me that current and recent vehicles can run much longer than the design life with a little care, so the standard will have to evolve.

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I havent seen gloss black in the EB design in the real world...you got a link somewhere?
This is the only pic of high gloss black that I have that looks black, all the rest look gunmetal. I think this is what everyone is afraid it is going to look like.
2015mustang-competitionorange5.jpg

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
This is the only pic of high gloss black that looks black, all the rest look gunmetal. I think this is what everyone is afraid it is going to look like.
There are few more pictures of these wheels in Tripple Yellow thread. I posted the link in this thread a few posts before. I have no problem with black wheels but they need to be in matte finish or low gloss. High gloss? :thumbdown: They look ugly.
Sponsored