2015 Mustang Full Dealer Product Guide!

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yes, MFT includes SYNC functionality.

I just went and tried to see if Applink works on MFT and it really doesn't. I have no idea why they'd exclude access to this service when you buy the upgraded radio, it really makes no logical sense to me at all. I'm sure that there must be a reason, but I sure can't figure it out. There simply isn't a "Mobile Applications" item anywhere in the menus like there is on a non-MFT version of SYNC like there is in my 2013 Mustang.

I'm hoping that this is one reason why Ford decided to ditch Microsoft for the SYNC service and go with QNX. SYNC can be awesome and it can also be a real nightmare.
Hmmmm.

"SYNC with MyFord Touch(1) — Key Features
Provides all of the features of the SYNC system except SYNC AppLink, plus:"

VERY strange. What exactly does AppLink do for anyone?
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
It allows you to control an App on your Smartphone with your voice through SYNC. It uses both Bluetooth AND USB to do so, but it's pretty cool. There are quite a few apps that support it, Pandora, lots of music apps, etc.

http://support.ford.com/media/d/SYNC_APPLink_QRG.pdf

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Can you still use the buttons without Applink (skip?). If so, I think ya'll could survive without it :)
Yeah I remember test driving a 2010 GT that had the electronics package. Granted this was before MFT but the salesman showed me how you could sync your phone and play Pandora via bluetooth and it would show artist, song etc on the nav screen and I believe you could use the track buttons either on then screen or the wheel to skip songs...so with the new Mustang MFT I won't even be able to do that?? Ridiculous!

Looking online, numerous articles and forum complaints about no Applink with MFT. Rumors are we won't get it until the new QNX system rolls out, which could be early next year as I also read it may be debuted on the 2015 Focus.

Also, I'm really curious if and when we will see Apple Carplay support. Ford is listed as one of The supporting manufacturers...

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Can you still use the buttons without Applink (skip?). If so, I think ya'll could survive without it :)
Negative. Absolutely ridiculous!

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You know, it'd be one thing if I could get the 12-speaker system WITHOUT getting MFT, but I can't. The Sony-based MFT system in my Wife's 2013 Escape sounds much better than the Shaker system in my Mustang before I replaced speakers and added an amp + 2 x 12" subs. Actually, it still sounds a little better because my choice of 5x7's wasn't the greatest and I can't adjust the midrange sound on the non-MFT version of SYNC.

I find myself looking forward to yanking out the MFT system and replacing it with an aftermarket stereo system, which will be quite costly to retain a large screen and SYNC functionality with steering wheel controls too. I may just ditch SYNC altogether and go with a larger screen double-din head unit with steering wheel control harness.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Well, I *think* I tried that, but I'll do it again tomorrow to be certain. I'll fire up Pandora, set it up with Bluetooth audio and try to change tracks with the usual "next track" buttons on the radio and steering wheel. If that doesn't work, I'll try with USB instead of Bluetooth. I'll let everyone know the results.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Well, I *think* I tried that, but I'll do it again tomorrow to be certain. I'll fire up Pandora, set it up with Bluetooth audio and try to change tracks with the usual "next track" buttons on the radio and steering wheel. If that doesn't work, I'll try with USB instead of Bluetooth. I'll let everyone know the results.
Awesome, thank you!

I had a rental toyota camry last summer that allowed skipping of pandora in bluetooth mode, if MFT can't do that... that'd be ridiculous.

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Add @FordService as well to your tweets. I have bugged them for too many times. Many times they don't respond, many times they just say "Sit tight, we'll get back to you". But after a few weeks they were able to answer my question regarding PP Dash panel.

I have tried sending few emails to corporate, got a response as well but it was just that they are looking in to the things I asked. I also asked about paying wheel upgrade cost twice if someone is ordering PP with 50th Anniv Pkg, no proper answer to that either.
Even if they reply, I'm not sure that our messages/requests are reaching to the actual team who can make the change. I have no idea how to reach them directly. As of now, I have made up my mind to live with those ugly glossy black wheels, leaving PP out is not really an option as it comes many other things that I want. Feels like there is no point ranting about them, Ford is not going to change what they have already decided at corporate level. :frusty:
Social media matters today. They may not even realize their is a problem. If enough people Tweet/Facebook, they may get the message before our cars are built. Otherwise they will get the message if nobody buys the cars when they are on the lots.

I still have a bigger decision to make: exterior color!:help:
That one is easy, Ruby Red :love:

Sponsored

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Add @FordService as well to your tweets. I have bugged them for too many times. Many times they don't respond, many times they just say "Sit tight, we'll get back to you". But after a few weeks they were able to answer my question regarding PP Dash panel.
Done:
@Fordservice We want more wheel options for our @Ford@FordMustang with the Performance Package. Limited choices#2015Mustang are frustrating

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Doesn't it say Sync with MFT ... I think the premiums have both
that's what I thought as well. It says MFT has access to sync functions.
Yes, MFT includes SYNC functionality.

I just went and tried to see if Applink works on MFT and it really doesn't. I have no idea why they'd exclude access to this service when you buy the upgraded radio, it really makes no logical sense to me at all. I'm sure that there must be a reason, but I sure can't figure it out. There simply isn't a "Mobile Applications" item anywhere in the menus like there is on a non-MFT version of SYNC like there is in my 2013 Mustang.

I'm hoping that this is one reason why Ford decided to ditch Microsoft for the SYNC service and go with QNX. SYNC can be awesome and it can also be a real nightmare.
Thanks for checking. Hopefully they have a plan that we just don't know about. Here is the catalog page with the details.
MyFordTouch.jpg

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I think it's the opposite. I believe Charcoal would imply that it is dark gray rather than black...
"Dark Charcoal" or "Charcoal Black" has been Ford's Black interior color since around 2002 or so in the Mustang (and likely all other vehicles). Had both a 1994 & 1998 Mustang with "Black" interiors then got a 2004 with "Charcoal Black". It is a minor difference and you would only really notice it when you take a piece of interior trim out of one car and put it up next to the other (I was hoping I could use the Cobra Leather Shift Boot assy from my '98 in my '04, but no it did not match).

Supposedly this change saved Ford money as it is slightly cheaper to mold plastic in this slightly lighter "Charcoal Black" than true "Black".

Doug

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
My mom has a 2013 F-150 F52300 with MT and it does not have AppLink. It does however show track information over Bluetooth for Pandora and mp3. You are able to skip tracks using the steering wheel control for both.

My Raptor has AppLink and I don't really care either way if it's there or not. Only differencewith MFt is having to start Pandora manually.

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
I just don't understand why you have to upgrade to shaker pro to get HD radio in this day and age! Wonder if there is a way to upgrade stock systems?
Sponsored