Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Received my PP2 today. My intent was a before and after dyne but they're backed up for a few weeks so I'll just have to settle a final pull in the future. Shop is charging me one hour of labor which I think is fair. Just sucks such a trivial task has to be paid for. I have the steeds clutch spring. I have mixed opinions about it so far but I'm going to leave it on unless it's funky with the new mapping. Only mod is a H pipe so realistically stock.
I had a 2016 GTPP and it needed the steefa spring but found my 2017 GTPP really didn't need it so left it stock.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Just purchased the PP2 last night from Levittown, says ETA May 2017.

Was hoping I could get a show of hands from anyone who has this on order how long have you been waiting or anyone who had this on order from Levittown and how soon after you placed order did it take to get it shipped out. I know I'm asking a lot but I'm anxious... :p

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just purchased the PP2 last night from Levittown, says ETA May 2017.

Was hoping I could get a show of hands from anyone who has this on order how long have you been waiting or anyone who had this on order from Levittown and how soon after you placed order did it take to get it shipped out. I know I'm asking a lot but I'm anxious... :p
It was on back order when I ordered mine from Levittown, but it shipped within 2 weeks of placing it.

There are a lot of factors involved though, so it's likely my experience may not be typical.

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
So drove around a bit today. So far I'm enjoying the PP2. Have not been able to go WOT to test it out but I feel like it drives better as far as its smoother taking off and shifting. Nice little bump in the noise department.

Sponsored

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Also just pushed the button on PP2 from Levittown. Tried to get local Ford stealership to price match, but they couldn't/wouldn't even get close.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looking for an experienced hand in this...I'm one of the clutch spring delete people. From what I gather I may (or likely) have issues with the PP2 solution due to no lift shift feature. I don't notice any clutch play but there are reports of even the Steeda clutch spring causing issues. PMAS and PP1 a better option?

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Looking for an experienced hand in this...I'm one of the clutch spring delete people. From what I gather I may (or likely) have issues with the PP2 solution due to no lift shift feature. I don't notice any clutch play but there are reports of even the Steeda clutch spring causing issues. PMAS and PP1 a better option?
I have no issues with mine everything works like it is supposed to. I'm switching to the 95lb spring for personal preference though.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
GTPP with FRPP2, Steeda spring, FRPP oil sep, a little rough when letting off light accel around 3K.

I could see where spring delete could cause an issue with no lift shift, as well as possibly damaging the slave cylinder.

Other than that no issues, and 2-2.5 more mpg.

Last edited:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
GTPP with FRPP2, Steeda spring, FRPP oil sep, a little rough when letting off light accel around 3K.

Other than that no issues, and 2-2.5 more mpg.
Is that mpg with the gage or hand calculated?

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Is that mpg with the gage or hand calculated?
That is computer mpg, but I was very consistent prior to the tune 19.5 with spirited driving. Only have 1000 miles on the tune but consistent 21.3 minimum.

Thinking about it though I don't have to floor it as much to get same results, so that may have something to do with it.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Sometimes tunes introduce errors to computer gages...

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
It doesn't have to be a dealership. It only has to be an ASE certified mechanic. You have to submit the ASE number when you request the warranty after install.

My speed shop charged me 2 hours @ $200. You should be able to pick up the parts from Levittown or Autonation Ford for somewhere around $600.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I have PP3 and the Steeda clutch spring. The car has "stuttered" on 3 or 4 occasions when shifting at or near redline. One every one of those occasions, I'm 90% certain that my foot was still touching the clutch pedal. As long as you can break yourself of the habit of leaving your foot in contact with the pedal when shifting quickly PP3 and the Steeda spring work fine together.

I think the issue is that the amount of force needed to move the clutch pedal through the first fraction an inch required to activate the clutch switch is very low with the Steeda spring. It is easy to leave your foot resting lightly on the clutch pedal, without noticing that your are doing so. With the stock spring the force required during the initial travel of the pedal is high enough that you can feel it if you're resting your foot on the pedal.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think the issue is that the amount of force needed to move the clutch pedal through the first fraction an inch required to activate the clutch switch is very low with the Steeda spring.
I would surmise that the lack of clutch spring would make this worse at best. Risk is that the switch would be active all the time and create a real nuisance. Wish there was a defeat.
Sponsored