Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
In my case the online retailer was just flat out incompetent. The source was a ford dealership in Fontana, CA and they tried to get the retailer to update the info but the website didnt.

I wrote the retailer stating that i made the purchase at the advertised price but when you agree to their terms and conditions before purchase you agree that prices may change or be inaccurate.

In the end I cancelled my order and just bought it from the dealership because they actually had some customer service sense and therws no way I'll support an incompetent business.

Again, good luck!:thumbsup:

Just to update you guys, I received a tracking number just now. I'll update again if and when the package shows up.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just to update you guys, I received a tracking number just now. I'll update again if and when the package shows up.
Thats badass if it works out, congrats!

Everyone else, don't buy from parts.com.
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.31.19 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.24.55 PM copy.jpg

Last edited:

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
I am trying to see if I have the latest tune on my PP2 can someone verify the tune? I am having FITS trying to download it or get it to work on my Mac, and don't want to go back to to dealer "just to check." From what I can gather, the Software Part Number is HR3A-SEMA2M-5PB Looks like I (actually the dealer) last downloaded it in Sep 2017.

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
I am trying to see if I have the latest tune on my PP2 can someone verify the tune? I am having FITS trying to download it or get it to work on my Mac, and don't want to go back to to dealer "just to check." From what I can gather, the Software Part Number is HR3A-SEMA2M-5PB Looks like I (actually the dealer) last downloaded it in Sep 2017.
I just installed the PP2 kit on a 2015 GT PP over the Thanksgiving holiday. My part number was a little different than yours, but I have read there are several different versions. The one I downloaded was GR3A-SEMA2M-FPB.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I would get in touch with Ford Performance. Talk to Ray, real cool guy.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
What a thread!!!

I really am tempted to pull the trigger on PP2. However, I have a 7 year/100k ESP.
Will this still be intact if I decide to do it?

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
What a thread!!!

I really am tempted to pull the trigger on PP2. However, I have a 7 year/100k ESP.
Will this still be intact if I decide to do it?
They told me it would, and I made sure it was in an email. Fingers crossed that they don't crawfish on the deal if I ever need it.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Everything but the new throttle body and intake will remain under warranty and of course any damage directly related to the PP2 will not be covered. For example, if your A/C goes out it would still be covered if it's in your ESP package but if the PP2 throttle body craps itself and a screw from it gets ingested by the engine and tears things up you would not be covered.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
They told me it would, and I made sure it was in an email. Fingers crossed that they don't crawfish on the deal if I ever need it.
Was this Ford or Ford Performance that told you this?

I plan on reaching out to both. This is the only thing holding me back from getting this.

Sponsored

sr1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert
Was this Ford or Ford Performance that told you this?

I plan on reaching out to both. This is the only thing holding me back from getting this.
My Ford Dealer. But I'm SURE it's dealer-dependent so discuss with your own, and the third party warranty provider.

Ford Performance ONLY warranties the PP2. Nothing else.

Oh, so I called Ray at Ford Performance. 2 things... #1 if your computer says "no bin" when you try to download the file, you have the latest. #2, I have the latest. Woohoo!

Last edited:

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
My Ford Dealer. But I'm SURE it's dealer-dependent so discuss with your own, and the third party warranty provider.

Oh, so I called Ray at Ford Performance. 2 things... #1 if your computer says "no bin" when you try to download the file, you have the latest. #2, I have the latest. Woohoo!
Okay, thank you.

Is there anybody in the DFW area that has found a dealer that is knowledgeable and understanding about the packs, installation, and warranty?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning

Dealer for sure. Based on Ford Perf's own site they're all warrantied:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
Heck of a thread.

I know this has been asked a couple times, but haven't seen a (recent) good answer...

Any qualified installers in North Houston (around The Woodlands preferably)? I've contacted a few ASE certified shops and they said they're not interested in installing performance parts, only maintenance...

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Heck of a thread.

I know this has been asked a couple times, but haven't seen a (recent) good answer...

Any qualified installers in North Houston (around The Woodlands preferably)? I've contacted a few ASE certified shops and they said they're not interested in installing performance parts, only maintenance...
Canā€™t help you but I went through a similar situation. Look for performance shops/dealers/and even dyno shops. Youā€™ll probably find something that way.

I just searched performance shop in Houston on Google and the results seem hopeful. Good luck!
Sponsored