Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not even comparable. The 33k Mustang GT Premium is a better all-around car by far. Why would anyone spend 44k on an inferior POS Camaro?
It's 37K to start. Stop distorting facts dude and stop using what you can haggle for vs Camaro's MSRP.

Makes you look desperate and a fanboy.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think if all you look at is the numbers - 0-60, 1/4, lateral, lap times, etc - than the SS seems to be a hands down winner. However, I think that's just beginning to explore which car is "better". There is no doubt that the new SS is worlds better than the last SS, but then again so is the new S550. Me? I love my Mustang, I chose it over the new SS. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea and I know one of the influential factors in my purchase is because I am a "Mustang" guy. Another one is the roomier interior and IMO the better interior. For someone who has never seen a track day and uses his car as a DD, the Mustang won out for me.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think if all you look at is the numbers - 0-60, 1/4, lateral, lap times, etc - than the SS seems to be a hands down winner. However, I think that's just beginning to explore which car is "better". There is no doubt that the new SS is worlds better than the last SS, but then again so is the new S550. Me? I love my Mustang, I chose it over the new SS. I know that's not everyone's cup of team and I know one of the influential factors in my purchase is because I am a "Mustang" guy. Another one is the roomier interior and IMO the better interior. For someone who has never seen a track day and uses his car as a DD, the Mustang won out for me.
Yep nothing wrong with that. Where the SS will get hurt is not offering a more DD version of the SS. They should have put all the performance options (brakes, summer tires, staggered set up, performance suspension, cooling, etc) as a package.

Would have dropped the SS down by like $3k or more and giving it a more RS type load-out.

Bobstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary
What are you a spam bot or something?

That Camaro flat-out rapes the Mustang in all objective areas.
Except its ugly as hell and the interior is as cheap as it looks, rode in a co-workers new camaro, it doesnt have the same feel and seems to be less stiff in turns for some reason. Noticed plastic rubbing while we rode, maybe not noticeable to some but it drove me crazy but I had to keep quiet since I didnt want him to feel I was crapping on his ride.

Taking the big picture I definitely wouldnt get one, part bias and part experience in his while loving mine still, my '15 just is a better all around package.

Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Two things can either happen between the mustang and camaro.

1) Ford can answer with weight reduction, most likely next generation. More aluminum usage as well as parts from the GT350, thus bringing its weight under the Camaro's. This would most likely raise the price some, but not too much. Ford is already dealing extensively with aluminum and processes should be cheaper. I think they can still come in under GM in regards to weight and price.

2) Based on what we know and have been shown on the Camaro, there can be no doubt that Camaro went all out for weight weight and performance from the start. This leaves less room for growth in the next generation unless they want to raise the price more. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Camaro pull a corvette and have it's price raised ever year. It's true that the camaro is a heck of a deal in regards to performance and i'm sure its eating into GM's margins.

I really don't think weight is that big of a deal to be honest right between the two in this generation. I think as long as Ford brings the 10 speed and offers a track pack with some GT350 goodie's we'll be good.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Except its ugly as hell and the interior is as cheap as it looks, rode in a co-workers new camaro, it doesnt have the same feel and seems to be less stiff in turns for some reason. Noticed plastic rubbing while we rode, maybe not noticeable to some but it drove me crazy but I had to keep quiet since I didnt want him to feel I was crapping on his ride.

Taking the big picture I definitely wouldnt get one, part bias and part experience in his while loving mine still, my '15 just is a better all around package.
There's no way his car was a 2016 then, it must of been a 2015.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Not even comparable. The 33k Mustang GT Premium is a better all-around car by far. Why would anyone spend 44k on an inferior POS Camaro?
You know you're a good troll when you get even Mustang fans (me) to defend the Camaro

The Camaro is more expensive, but you do get more power, better fuel economy (with the A8) and better handling than the Mustang, even in GTPP form.

Defending the Mustang blindly isn't going to make Ford step up their game. If they think they're in danger of losing sales...then they will.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read on FB that BMR fully loaded 2ss with full tank of gas right from the dealer came in at 3705lbs.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Welp. We will find out I assume. May go turbo on it, though.

Time will tell.

Two things:

1: I am not 100% sure right now...as it is premature.

2: I am about certain I don't wanna answer that question based on my initial impressions, on this forum. lol

I am very bias to Mustangs BTW. I have owned Mustangs since 1999, not a day has passed without one since '99.

We shall see what the future holds. One thing is for sure, GM really makes me happy with their engines and their transmissions. This 6-speed is 100% better than our MT82 in our PP S550 GT.
Keep us posted as to when you plan on taking it out to Bradenton! I still need to head out and watch your s550 run.

Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Test drove a new '16 Camaro today

Test drove a new chunky looking 2016 Camaro this afternoon. Was a V6 automatic. Interior fit and finish is much improved over last year's model bu IMO, no match to the Mustang.

1. Like the previous generation, the Camaro is STILL very confining feeling with seriously poor visibility to the 3/4's and rear. Rear view is "postbox slot" style offering limited view. Before changing lanes, better say a prayer. See photo taken at my eye level:

2. The front view actually has the instrument panel binnacles interfering with forward sight lines.

3. Belt line is way too high so putting your elbow out the window is not possible or comfortable. The high belt line adds to the confining feeling. The low roof line also made entry and exit more of a chore.

4. Driving the V6 was a pleasure and the 8 sp automatic is state of the art. Ford was have to offer 8 or 9 speed next year to compete and improve mpg.

5. I had the distinct feeling of driving in a bath tub in the new Camaro. I have no desire to own one after this test drive.
IMG_1214 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1222 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1210 (Medium).JPG

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now sit in your mustang and take the same pic.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Looking through rear window in '16 Camaro

Direct rear view from drivers seat in '16 Camaro.
IMG_1219 (Medium).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.