Sponsored

'15 GT or wait for Focus RS?

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Engineers like AWD. In particular, Ford automotive engineers like AWD.

Not saying anything explicit, just stating an opinion :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
Interesting car comparison...I actually figured the RS coming here would without a doubt be AWD. It's a car DNA characteristic. I think you'll need to drive a GT to get a feel for the sight lines and experience. It would be such a big change from the RS. Those cars are impressive in their own right. However the size difference must be experienced rather than analyzed on paper specs. You can drive either in the snow with the appropriate tires. After a Mustang test drive, maybe it will be easier to compare. Good luck with your decision!
One of the best replies yet, thanks sir. I think you're right, it'll just come down to how I feel behind the wheel of each. All I know is I've never compared two vehicles like this but it's kinda fun getting perspectives and doing research, even though one of them isn't even in production yet ha.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
One of the best replies yet, thanks sir. I think you're right, it'll just come down to how I feel behind the wheel of each. All I know is I've never compared two vehicles like this but it's kinda fun getting perspectives and doing research, even though one of them isn't even in production yet ha.
For the record, I am planning a little Detroit Auto Show meet-up for any Mustang6g members interested. Looking currently at Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015 as the date. Take a look at the first post in this thread.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
"As every girl will tell you, it is not the length of your spokes, but rather the thickness of your rim that matters."
-Matt Farah
Funny that's what all needle dicks say..:D

I think the Focus RS would make a compelling case against the Mustang GT. I would definitely consider one over a Mustang GT, definitely over a EB Mustang.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
Another way to think of it that you probably can't go wrong picking either which is really awesome!

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Funny that's what all needle dicks say..:D
Actually I think you have it backwards (and if you know anything about human anatomy, length really is somewhat irrelevant given how short the canal is) - but I'm not going to dive into this conversation in the RS thread lol

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Actually I think you have it backwards (and if you know anything about human anatomy, length really is somewhat irrelevant given how short the canal is) - but I'm not going to dive into this conversation in the RS thread lol
LOL..

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I think the Focus RS would make a compelling case against the Mustang GT. I would definitely consider one over a Mustang GT, definitely over a EB Mustang.[/QUOTE]

I would probably rather have even just a Focus ST over an EB Mustang. Not knocking anyone who has one at all, it's a great car but I just can't see myself behind the wheel of a 2 door 4 cylinder sports car. I know there are plenty of arguments to be had about this but I wouldn't feel right with a Mustang unless it had the full power of a V8.

So that's kind of why I'm limiting my options to the GT or RS. Even if for some odd reason the RS is FWD I will probably still consider it.

OP
OP

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
Another way to think of it that you probably can't go wrong picking either which is really awesome!
Spot on, they are (well assuming the RS will be ha) both phenomenal vehicles and like I've said it's a great time to live and have these vehicle choices.

OP
OP

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I have both, still have a lot of love for my Focus too.
See, this is the stuff I like hearing. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges in a sense with these two cars but I know there's gotta be some logical reason I like both. I'm glad you still love the Focus, both cars are just incredible.

Tokyosmash!

Moving and shaking.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2013 Focus ST
The wife dailys the focus, it's pretty heavily modified, all in all, a great car. May end up paying it off and picking up an RS also.
Sponsored