GT350R vs 1LE

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Oh come on. Can the base even handle more than 1 lap? If it doesn't overheat the MPSS's will be too greasy by lap 2.
I don't know what PSS's you've been driving on but I have had many cars equiped with them and tires are bang-on on the circuit.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So.... Can you elaborate? Maybe you're not completely familiar with compression and knock.

I'll let you give me your points, but the highest pump gas road cars are DI (458, 458speciale, gt3/RS, Lambo/Audi) etc. You don't see those numbers with port injection because of octane.
Im very familiar with running deep into single digits on the 1/4 mile. If you had an interest in that youd know current cars with di like the z06 are swapping back to previous motors to get faster because Di has limited potential. Then the issue of carbon build up and over priced valve cleanings. Also direct injection parts have high failure rates. Thats not something you want when wide open :lol: Theyre also over priced for oe or aftermarket. Cost is much more then port. Youre worried about stock power an epa regulations. Cars can make 700+whp on pump gas on port injection.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
and Ford made 7 years of GT500 before the mustang existed? Assuming that Ford is going to copy history isn't assured of being correct.

My guess the primary limit right now is the licensing deal with Shelby America.
If Ford has the rights to GT350/GT500 as long as they use it, expect to see GT350 as long as the market is wanting it.
I know that the Boss 302 only had 2 generations, 69-70 and 12-13. the GT350 1st generation 65-66 and that's it! According to your assumption why did they ever stop building the original GT350 and the BOSS? the demand for the 12 Boss is still high hence the resale values. I also know that the GT350 will not see production in 2018. Ask me how I know? Never mind, if i told you id have to kill you

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This has become funny, Camaro has no answer for the GT350 R or otherwise.
It is an ugly car, which hillbilly mullet owners need to have.

Ford has announced a track key with no details.
With ECU's the way they are today, they let chevy come out with the
new Mustang beater, 2 weeks later the Key becomes available
and its all over again LMFAO.
Chevy needs to drag their ass into the 21st century and build something special.
they Vette is the only car they produce the even makes me look twice.
But at much more money.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Im very familiar with running deep into single digits on the 1/4 mile. If you had an interest in that youd know current cars with di like the z06 are swapping back to previous motors to get faster because Di has limited potential. Then the issue of carbon build up and over priced valve cleanings. Also direct injection parts have high failure rates. Thats not something you want when wide open :lol: Theyre also over priced for oe or aftermarket. Cost is much more then port. Youre worried about stock power an epa regulations. Cars can make 700+whp on pump gas on port injection.
So what you're saying is port and race gas is the best. Sure I can agree with that.

You skipped completely over my statement about pump octane. BTW, combined port and direct is the way to go I street engines, that creates even more cost.

Port is good for homogenous mixtures at low rpm. Direct is good for high rpm, knock control etc, atomization.

One of the reasons of direct injection fails is pcm calibration and no fuel seeing the top side of the intake valves to keep clean.

Anyway blah blah blah - the DI engine in the speciale at 133hp/L and 14.5:1 CR wins.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So what you're saying is port and race gas is the best. Sure I can agree with that.

You skipped completely over my statement about pump octane. BTW, combined port and direct is the way to go I street engines, that creates even more cost.

Port is good for homogenous mixtures at low rpm. Direct is good for high rpm, knock control etc, atomization.

One of the reasons of direct injection fails is pcm calibration and no fuel seeing the top side of the intake valves to keep clean.

Anyway blah blah blah - the DI engine in the speciale at 133hp/L and 14.5:1 CR wins.
I work with Di as a part of my living. You dont need race gas for 700-750whp on 93 pump. The current whipple guy are already doing it. I didnt skip over pump gas at all. You just didnt like how i addressed it i suppose. The reason Di fails is due to high pressure pumps and injectors. Also and not being able to make a pump aggressive enough to keep up with the fuel required for people wanting copious amounts of hp.

Like i said ill pass on the new cafe standard fuel system. :D

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
From people who were there, the R was 2 seconds faster than the 1LE.
Because all they see is the 2.xx. Not the 2.95 = 3 seconds almost. Would you rather see a house payment of $2000.00 or $2095.00? See where I'm going with this?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I know that the Boss 302 only had 2 generations, 69-70 and 12-13. the GT350 1st generation 65-66 and that's it! According to your assumption why did they ever stop building the original GT350 and the BOSS? the demand for the 12 Boss is still high hence the resale values. I also know that the GT350 will not see production in 2018. Ask me how I know? Never mind, if i told you id have to kill you
I agree.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I work with Di as a part of my living. You dont need race gas for 700-750whp on 93 pump. The current whipple guy are already doing it. I didnt skip over pump gas at all. You just didnt like how i addressed it i suppose. The reason Di fails is due to high pressure pumps and injectors. Also and not being able to make a pump aggressive enough to keep up with the fuel required for people wanting copious amounts of hp.

Like i said ill pass on the new cafe standard fuel system. :D
Well said! I to am a mechanic by trade. DI has many negatives. Carbon build up is a major issue as is like you said injector and pump. They are offering a DI / port injection combo on some engines on a aftermarket add on. The ecoboost engines are one of them. Even as a daily driver the DI has issues of carbon build up and no race fuel is going to change that. One thing that can help carbon build up is meth.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This has become funny, Camaro has no answer for the GT350 R or otherwise.
It is an ugly car, which hillbilly mullet owners need to have.

Ford has announced a track key with no details.
With ECU's the way they are today, they let chevy come out with the
new Mustang beater, 2 weeks later the Key becomes available
and its all over again LMFAO.
Chevy needs to drag their ass into the 21st century and build something special.
they Vette is the only car they produce the even makes me look twice.
But at much more money.
Exactly! What special vehicle does GM offer?
You know a car manufacturer is desperate when they talk about an aluminum body truck after the leader has one to market already. Then they bad mouth it on tv commercials only to help fords sales climb lmao. When you offer 3 v6 and 1 v8 1/2 ton truck engines and the v6 out sells the v8 and you as the competition can't see the writing on the wall it's time for a change. The ford GT is mopping up the field with a (truck based v6) the gt350 and mustang are out selling the Camaro and challenger combined its history all over again. I see another dead end for the Camaro in less then 8 years.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Well said! I to am a mechanic by trade. DI has many negatives. Carbon build up is a major issue as is like you said injector and pump. They are offering a DI / port injection combo on some engines on a aftermarket add on. The ecoboost engines are one of them. Even as a daily driver the DI has issues of carbon build up and no race fuel is going to change that. One thing that can help carbon build up is meth.
I hear that. I smoke Meth daily so I'm not worried about Carbon build up.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I didn't call it a Z28. Who knows what it is, Maybe a ZL1-R? It isn't mine though, don't give me credit where it is not due. I wish it was though!

Do you really not know what car I am talking about? Head too far in the sand?
I'm just busting your ball joints

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I want a manual 10 speed column shift GT750 on 235/75BR13 on wires.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I don't know what PSS's you've been driving on but I have had many cars equiped with them and tires are bang-on on the circuit.
I replaced my GY F1's with PSS's and hated them in comparison on the track, loved them on the street though. GY's were just better suited for it in my experience. For a DD I tracked every now and then, I would still go MPSS's though. GY's are just too scary in cold and I had little confidence when really wet...very prone to hydroplaning.

I do believe this new Camaro specific compound and tread will be superior on track day though. No real evidence except previous experience and expectations that they must have gotten at least a little better.
Sponsored