Sponsored

GT350R vs 1LE

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Youre blind. What makes you think their will be a Z28? What makes you think it will be faster? It's not even close to being a car yet. What Z28 are you comparing the R to? I laugh at your Z28. Zero28
I didn't call it a Z28. Who knows what it is, Maybe a ZL1-R? It isn't mine though, don't give me credit where it is not due. I wish it was though!

Do you really not know what car I am talking about? Head too far in the sand?
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
testing cars without using spec tires is a joke.

most motorcycle comparison tests use spec tires.
They test what comes out the factory door. What could be more fair?

Of course, the 1LE in this test was probably a preproduction car, since they're not in production yet.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I could just see it being possible that the 1LE with magnetic suspension and big tires and very stiff springs might be able to match the base GT350 that has a more comfortable ride and no magnetic suspension for one lap. Typical bigger hammer GM engineering rather than finding a better way such as Ford did with the GT350. It won't have a cool reputation or good looks or a unique engine or retain its value, but for one lap it might keep up. I would assume the brakes on the 1LE won't be as good as those on the GT350, though. It should be interesting to see once all the specs on the 1LE are revealed.
Oh come on. Can the base even handle more than 1 lap? If it doesn't overheat the MPSS's will be too greasy by lap 2.

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
I didn't call it a Z28. Who knows what it is, Maybe a ZL1-R? It isn't mine though, don't give me credit where it is not due. I wish it was though!

Do you really not know what car I am talking about? Head too far in the sand?

He's buried in it.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
A lot of you peeps get heated about this. Do we get something if the GT350R is faster (which it probably is) or even wins BDC (which it has a good shot at)?

Camaro 1LE is cool and should be a good track car. Might be faster than a standard GT350 too. Pretty sure it will be so close that the better driver would always put down the faster lap. Wouldn't make me change my mind about which I prefer though.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
and the Boss? you truly don't know your Ford Mustang history?
and Ford made 7 years of GT500 before the mustang existed? Assuming that Ford is going to copy history isn't assured of being correct.

My guess the primary limit right now is the licensing deal with Shelby America.
If Ford has the rights to GT350/GT500 as long as they use it, expect to see GT350 as long as the market is wanting it.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I would have gone with the Camaro SS if I couldn't get the threefuty

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't know why you guys are worried about the 1LE. The 350R have much bigger competition to worry about. There is the new GTR, M4 GTS, NSX, McLaren, Porsche and Aston Martin.

https://instagram.com/p/BIDHypKDj2x/
That's a good point. Those cars don't really compete directly with Mustang, but I'd really like to see a Ford GT in this competition. :ford:

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
I would have gone with the Camaro SS if I couldn't get the threefuty
I considered it too. Great power to weight ratio but that FPC is just so special in comparison.

A few things that having nothing to do with performance are still the big weak points to me.

1. Rear styling is too mundane. Front end looks pretty cool but the rear has no drama.

2. Still a bunker inside with very high sills and short windows.

3. Tiny rear seat, even smaller than the Mustang. I wanted something my 4 year old could ride in and the Mustang is about as tight as I could deal with.

Still, a great bang for the buck and would love for the Mustang to lose a little more weight in the next gen like the Camaro did.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I dont care how fast the new camaro will or wont be. You still couldnt pay me to buy a camaro. Ive said it before and ill say it again, i will not own a direct injection engine.

Direct injection is not optimized with ultimate performance in mind. It is limited in its potential compared to port injection

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I dont care how fast the new camaro will or wont be. You still couldnt pay me to buy a camaro. Ive said it before and ill say it again, i will not own a direct injection engine.

Direct injection is not optimized with ultimate performance in mind. It is limited in its potential compared to port injection
So.... Can you elaborate? Maybe you're not completely familiar with compression and knock.

I'll let you give me your points, but the highest pump gas road cars are DI (458, 458speciale, gt3/RS, Lambo/Audi) etc. You don't see those numbers with port injection because of octane.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I wonder if they will test exiting a coffee shop parking lot at an accelerated pace? I bet I know who wins that battle. :lol:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Your blind. What makes you think their will be a Z28? What makes you think it will be faster? It's not even close to being a car yet. What Z28 are you comparing the R to? I laugh at your Z28. Zero28
Clearly Chevy is working on a Camaro track monster to respond to the R. Will it be faster? Of course it will. Why? Because they have plenty of R&D time to perfect the car and make sure it does. This happens with car manufactuers all the time, it's nothing new..
Sponsored