Sponsored

GT350R vs 1LE

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Well said! I to am a mechanic by trade. DI has many negatives. Carbon build up is a major issue as is like you said injector and pump. They are offering a DI / port injection combo on some engines on a aftermarket add on. The ecoboost engines are one of them. Even as a daily driver the DI has issues of carbon build up and no race fuel is going to change that. One thing that can help carbon build up is meth.
Yeah, i heard about that manifold and rail MAP is making for the ecoboost. Di is just a pain in the ass and unnecessary, overpriced junk i dont need to deal with. I cant imagine the costs the c7 z06 guys are having to pay to swap back to an ls7 in a brand new car just to get into the 8s. :lol:

While meth certainly has its place, its not for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
The R no doubt and Randy will do all the cars justice around Laguna. I won't be surprised if Motor Trend was given a 1LE with the auto trans which may be faster in the 1/4 mile just so Chevy can brag some. A guy at work has a white SS and it does look good at certain angles.

2017-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-001.jpg

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
testing cars without using spec tires is a joke.

most motorcycle comparison tests use spec tires.
Agree with this 100%. The way my mind works I don't see how there is an arguement against it.

Conversely I do think other performance wear items like brake pads should remain stock.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Dont know how to drive? LOL I am pointed by every Camaro I have been behind at HPDE's lol
how old are you? please make a half decent argument.

Thank you
Yes yes! I love all the venomous (CWIDT?) replies all you fine auto enthusiast have sent in my direction. Your responses just proved my point about your insecurities. If someone has to yell "listen to me, I'm the King!" Then you're not the king. And why all the hate? Feeling challenged? Can't take the pressure? Wow. If it was Chevy Trend then why isn't the Vette Z06 winning every H2H? Ok.../sigh...here we go.

-Yes I track my car when I can. It's a blast. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I have yet to see any 350s out. I love talking to other drivers and learning more every time I go out to the track.

-Parts bin car? Lol. Yes I'm sure you're very happy with your car that Ford passed all the R&D costs on to you to make something that probably won't be used again. If something works extremely well why start over again? And if ford engines were so good then explain all the LS swaps? Oh and a "parts bin" Z/28 was BDC in 2014.

-The 1LE is a fat pig? How? They shaved a few hundred pounds off by switching to the Alpha platform. Mag Ride and Recaros will not add that weight to equal the Mustang6. Cmon guys.

-my age? I'm 37. And a car enthusiast. Look at my original post. I'm happy that American cars are performing at this level. The real "enemy" is the Euro Snobs and the Ricer Tuner boys. Grow up people.

-Admit that most of you paid ADM for your 350. Hey it's your money. I was out the door new on my 1LE new at $37K right when I got back from my 2nd Afghanistan deployment doing Route Clearance. If you want to pay $100k for a Shelby so you can be 2seconds faster according to a magazine test...you go right on ahead.

Thanks guys. I like good discussion.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I work with Di as a part of my living. You dont need race gas for 700-750whp on 93 pump. The current whipple guy are already doing it. I didnt skip over pump gas at all. You just didnt like how i addressed it i suppose. The reason Di fails is due to high pressure pumps and injectors. Also and not being able to make a pump aggressive enough to keep up with the fuel required for people wanting copious amounts of hp.

Like i said ill pass on the new cafe standard fuel system. :D
I'm confused why you even bring up forced induction when we're talking about the Gt350 and the Camaro. Apples to apples.

NA, DI can't be beaten for max performance on pump gas. Agree or disagree?

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The R no doubt and Randy will do all the cars justice around Laguna. I won't be surprised if Motor Trend was given a 1LE with the auto trans which may be faster in the 1/4 mile just so Chevy can brag some. A guy at work has a white SS and it does look good at certain angles.

2017-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-001.jpg
The 1le doesn't come with a automatic. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if GM brings or gives MT a "tuned" Camaro like they did with the corvette.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yes yes! I love all the venomous (CWIDT?) replies all you fine auto enthusiast have sent in my direction. Your responses just proved my point about your insecurities. If someone has to yell "listen to me, I'm the King!" Then you're not the king. And why all the hate? Feeling challenged? Can't take the pressure? Wow. If it was Chevy Trend then why isn't the Vette Z06 winning every H2H? Ok.../sigh...here we go.

-Yes I track my car when I can. It's a blast. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I have yet to see any 350s out. I love talking to other drivers and learning more every time I go out to the track.

-Parts bin car? Lol. Yes I'm sure you're very happy with your car that Ford passed all the R&D costs on to you to make something that probably won't be used again. If something works extremely well why start over again? And if ford engines were so good then explain all the LS swaps? Oh and a "parts bin" Z/28 was BDC in 2014.

-The 1LE is a fat pig? How? They shaved a few hundred pounds off by switching to the Alpha platform. Mag Ride and Recaros will not add that weight to equal the Mustang6. Cmon guys.

-my age? I'm 37. And a car enthusiast. Look at my original post. I'm happy that American cars are performing at this level. The real "enemy" is the Euro Snobs and the Ricer Tuner boys. Grow up people.

-Admit that most of you paid ADM for your 350. Hey it's your money. I was out the door new on my 1LE new at $37K right when I got back from my 2nd Afghanistan deployment doing Route Clearance. If you want to pay $100k for a Shelby so you can be 2seconds faster according to a magazine test...you go right on ahead.

Thanks guys. I like good discussion.
You mean like the over priced Z28? You can thank ford for the deal you got on your $37k.

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I wouldn't consider most of those cars I assume you are talking about to be a direct competitor to the R. Plus, you think it is hard to get an R, good luck getting a M4 GTS or other special edition cars from those brands.
They're all competing to be the Motor Trend's Best Driver's Car, the 1LE is the least of the 350R's worries for this competition.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'm confused why you even bring up forced induction when we're talking about the Gt350 and the Camaro. Apples to apples.

NA, DI can't be beaten for max performance on pump gas. Agree or disagree?
Im comparing it because im speaking about Di in general as a whole. You chose to limit the topic to Na only. While meeting bullshit cafe standards, sure i agree... But only bench racers care about stock potential or those too scared to modify. The exotic super cars you compare to are also made differently and cost extreme amounts of money. It also greatly depends on how the engine is set up, cubes or revs. It isnt all possible just because of Di. F1 used compression ratios that high and used port injection and had less cubes. So, Na can make that power too on pump without Di. Di is all about mpg and cafe standards . Doesnt change the fact Di is limited in potential. Its garbage. You will be unable to change my mind, the proof is in the pudding of those swapping engines to get away from it. Its inferior for for those that want do certain motorsports. Its pros dont outweigh its cons. If you want to embrace Di, go ahead. Just dont expect those of us that want more from our cars to want it.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Im comparing it because im speaking about Di in general as a whole. You chose to limit the topic to Na only. While meeting bullshit cafe standards, sure i agree... But only bench racers care about stock potential or those too scared to modify. The exotic super cars you compare to are also made differently and cost extreme amounts of money. It also greatly depends on how the engine is set up, cubes or revs. It isnt all possible just because of Di. F1 used compression ratios that high and used port injection and had less cubes. So, Na can make that power too on pump without Di. Di is all about mpg and cafe standards . Doesnt change the fact Di is limited in potential. Its garbage. You will be unable to change my mind, the proof is in the pudding of those swapping engines to get away from it. Its inferior for for those that want do certain motorsports. Its pros dont outweigh its cons. If you want to embrace Di, go ahead. Just dont expect those of us that want more from our cars to want it.
Which is higher:

The highest specific HP/L port engine or;
The highest specific HP/L DI engine?

The answer is the DI engine because of the cooling effect in the combustion chamber during high rpm and the ability to add more total timing via intake cam advance at said RPMs.

Anyway I have nothing left to add except a port injection pump gas NA engine CAN NOT equal the power of a DI based simply on efficiency gains from increased compression ratio.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Which is higher:

The highest specific HP/L port engine or;
The highest specific HP/L DI engine?

The answer is the DI engine because of the cooling effect in the combustion chamber during high rpm and the ability to add more total timing via intake cam advance at said RPMs.

Anyway I have nothing left to add except a port injection pump gas NA engine CAN NOT equal the power of a DI based simply on efficiency gains from increased compression ratio.
hp per liter doesnt mean anything except to honda owners nor does it win races. It only matters in motorsports that restrict displacement size. Also the lamborghini aventador is port injection and makes 691hp. So it needs to be small cubes, have direct injection and rev to the moon to be relevant? Thats basically what your pushing by comparing hp per liter argument. Which is mere sophistry. If direct injection is such a pinnacle of engineering and superior, why do you think people that want big aftermarket power are dropping those engines like a hot potato? Auto manufacturers are only embracing Di because of up and coming Cafe standards. They have been given no choice. Its all about less gas, less unburned fuel and a smaller carbon foot print. That is the only reason it was designed, nothing else.Tell me how that is performance oriented?

Last time i check 100% pure performance isnt isnt about miles per gallon and trying to avoid gas guzzler taxes on the cars you develop and getting government incentives for making higher fuel efficiency vehicles. Did you even know oe pistion ring land strength is being compromised in favor of less emissions on or production vehicles by spacing the rings closer together? Do you happen to think thats great because of less piston weight? These things you seem to think are so great are only hindering things in performance cars. If all this di was so great, how did/do we ever still see reliable as hell carbed cars making big power on pump gas? It isnt needed for high rpm reliability. You answered it yourself indirectly. Its based on efficiency of less gas. If you care about efficiency buy a hybrid, buy a tesla not a pony/sports cars

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Kinda related.... since it's GM as part of the topic. It was just revealed that for the MY2017 units, the Z06 cooling woes is being addressed. No wonder 2017 Z06 production won't start until Sept unlike regular 2017 Stingrays already in production.

Latest news here: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/21/2017-chevrolet-corvette-z06-overheating-fix-official/

Well I'm one of the 5%'ers that biiitched since Oct last year.... :D

In the article Chief Engineer Tadge said only 5% experienced this... well that's misleading. The smoking gun part is what's omitted. I would bet a very large amount of the 5% who all experienced issues are those 5% who actually takes theirs to the track as opposed to the remaining 95% who are simply cruisers, waxers or blacktop lot displayers.

Anyhow here's my proof... my 2015 Z06 is officially "branded". Again, I am glad GM bought it back from me...

attachment.jpg

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Clearly Chevy is working on a Camaro track monster to respond to the R. Will it be faster? Of course it will. Why? Because they have plenty of R&D time to perfect the car and make sure it does. This happens with car manufactuers all the time, it's nothing new..
Isn't that why the Camaro's having a 50th Anniversary in 2017?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I want to ban GM from having a 50th anniversary Camaro.
Sponsored