Sponsored

PMAS CAI with a LUND / UPR tune?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we're all still within warranty even the early 15 deliveries are still in warranty
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I hear the AFE magnum panel filter in the stock box with a LUND tune delivers unexpected gains too. And it keeps the stock look.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
I hear the AFE magnum panel filter in the stock box with a LUND tune delivers unexpected gains too. And it keeps the stock look.
hmm i can't see changing the stock filter making much difference - i think ill just keep the intake stock - get the tune. see how it goes!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Does not really matter which panel filter you use, oiled ones flow better and make most power, dry ones are safer and need less maintenance.

But I can tell you Kelly the owner of BMR has two Mustangs, once is a crazy drag race car and the other is his daily car which is pretty much stock.

All he did for power was mishimoto tube, K&N panel filter, removed the carbon part of the stock air box to help flow and he got a Palm Beach dyno tune. He of course had drag/slick tyre but he went like 11.3s@118mph. I think pre-mods he was clocking 112/113mph terminal. So he gained 5mph from the tune and intake mods and by retaining the stock intake it drives absolute like stock and sounds/looks like stock.

That is probably the best result anyone has seen on this whole forum for such little money, essentially a tune plus panel filter.

So it is certainly something to consider, of course an intake manifold, headers will see you going even quicker but they come at much bigger cost and they can impact drive ability for worse or better.

If I go MY18 I will either just get a mishimoto tube and panel filter as on the MY18 thats a very easy 500-520HP as the new engine creates quite a bit more power and torque. Or I will go cobra jet IM, headers and shoot for 600HP NA, its possible, already being achieved on the MY15-17 though it did take stage 3 cams.

If I keep this one, will probably just get a Whipple, driven a few SC S550's and the Whipple simply drives the absolute nicest by miles, in short it drives better than a stock car until you bury the loud pedal and then all hell breaks loose. :D

Problem for the Mustang is it is heavy, its a manual or not so fast auto which hinders its performance potential somewhat, so it always feels 100HP slower than it actually is. An example is go drive a Golf R, its only 300HP but it will stick to a Mustang ass even in a straight line stock for stock and both tune very well.

Though if you put a Mustang on a diet, wheels, brakes, exhaust, seats you can strip over 100kg from the car without really impacting comfort but trust me 100kg less weight makes a huge difference to a car, not only that the more weight you save, the cheaper it becomes to run.

My M3 is only 360HP, but I'd say its as quick as my Mustang if not faster, that's 1300kg and a stupid fast gear box for you.

The only heavy car I know of that really defies physics is the GTR, my Mustang is 500HP and is around 50kg lighter than a GTR which is also 500HP but a GTR will totally destroy me from stand still, from a roll, stopping, absolutely anything it will kill me. Hell they do 11.4@125mph stock in the quarter without breaking a sweat. Thats one porky car that is insanely fast for its power, though they are under-rated and of course the diffs, gearbox are all some form of voodoo magic. :)

But to enjoy a GTR you do have to drive twice the speed limit to feel remotely challenged, but don't let anyone tell you a GTR is a playstation, people who say this are idiots and have no freaking clue, they are more a drivers car than a lot of other stuff on the road, great fun if you can find somewhere to push one and let it move around a bit. :)

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm i can't see changing the stock filter making much difference - i think ill just keep the intake stock - get the tune. see how it goes!

Panel filter, tube, remove the carbon element is worth 10-15HP.

Make sure you get a custom tune from a US company, Lund or Palm Beach dyno. Please do not bother with a canned tune and avoid UK companies, no matter what anyone tells you they can't compare to a custom tune from the US.

Oh and we failed to mention, if you go SCT X4, make sure you get a US one, UK ones will not flash US tunes. ;)

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Panel filter, tube, remove the carbon element is worth 10-15HP.

Make sure you get a custom tune from a US company, Lund or Palm Beach dyno. Please do not bother with a canned tune and avoid UK companies, no matter what anyone tells you they can't compare to a custom tune from the US.

Oh and we failed to mention, if you go SCT X4, make sure you get a US one, UK ones will not flash US tunes. ;)
i ordered a nguage Lund tune there now from nemesis - im assuming its just stock come from the US so still cool?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i ordered a nguage Lund tune there now from nemesis - im assuming its just stock come from the US so still cool?
That will be fine, grab a K&N panel filter, dremel the carbon part of the air box lid out if your car has one.

Flash the tune, enjoy, datalog and send to Lund, get revision, enjoy more! :)

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That will be fine, grab a K&N panel filter, dremel the carbon part of the air box lid out if your car has one.

Flash the tune, enjoy, datalog and send to Lund, get revision, enjoy more! :)
done

now i should really get back to doing some work instead of dropping ÂŁ600 on useless shit i don't even need.

Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My M3 is only 360HP, but I'd say its as quick as my Mustang if not faster, that's 1300kg and a stupid fast gear box for you.
my previous car - S5 (330HP), felt like a go kart in comparison to the mustang
granted mostly because of the 4WD

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my previous car - S5 (330HP), felt like a go kart in comparison to the mustang
granted mostly because of the 4WD
Now you see, having had an RS5 for a week, that felt to me far more a boat than my Mustang, the handling was atrocious, just a big understeering mess, but in fairness that was stock and my Mustang is far from stock.

Though in a straight line, the RS5 was quick, I'd say it was as quick for sure, certainly not faster though.

Audi gone backwards on RS cars since the RS4 V8, now that was a nice handling car for the road, terrible on a track, but nice on a road. Though TT RS is insanely quick, but I am not a hairdresser. :D

Only good Audi in my eyes now is the R8 V10, the rest are quick but dull as fuck.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you see, having had an RS5 for a week, that felt to me far more a boat than my Mustang, the handling was atrocious, just a big understeering mess, but in fairness that was stock and my Mustang is far from stock.

Though in a straight line, the RS5 was quick, I'd say it was as quick for sure, certainly not faster though.

Audi gone backwards on RS cars since the RS4 V8, now that was a nice handling car for the road, terrible on a track, but nice on a road. Though TT RS is insanely quick, but I am not a hairdresser. :D

Only good Audi in my eyes now is the R8 V10, the rest are quick but dull as fuck.
mine was the V6 - 0-60 were in the low 4's with the launch control - certainly much faster than my current stock mustang.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

you do forget just how modded your handling is, stock V8 handling is pretty trash, that being said I've never driven the rs5 so can't comment.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine was the V6 - 0-60 were in the low 4's with the launch control - certainly much faster than my current stock mustang.

That would probably handle nicer, as the RS5 was the V8 one I drove so the previous generation I believe, was around 2012 if I remember.
Sponsored