Sponsored

PMAS CAI with a LUND / UPR tune?

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
They told me to get the car warm, start log with car idling when warm. Get 2 minutes of idle, a few minutes of normal driving and then 3 x WOT pulls in 3rd from 2,500 to redline (7,200?)
roger - ill give that a go then
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Tune finally arrive, whohoo - will try it out later.

just on a side note - for the datalogging for revisions, do i need to drive the car in any particular way / do any particular things to create relevant datalogs for the revision?
Totally depends on how you like the tune, if you like how the car drives general day to day, then all you need to focus on is WOT Pull.

Also for those wondering:

Octane 91 = RON 95 (Unleaded)
Octane 93 = RON 97.5 (Better super unleaded)

If your using Shell Vpower/Tesco 100 you can request an Octane 94-95 tune but you must only EVER use that fuel, or request a seperate tune file based on that.

So if the car drives nice you just need to do a couple of WOT pulls ideally:
- 1500-6500rpm (stock manifold)
- 2000-7500rpm (350 manifold)

They will adjust fuelling, timing, VCT/cam as required to maximise power safely or just reply saying all is good, go away. ;)

If you have a driving issue, then it is best to do one 5-10 minute log of the following:

- Drive in 3rd and accelerate VERY SLOWLY from 1100rpm - 5000rpm, then park and idle for three minutes.
- Then hold revs at 1500rpm, 2000rpm, 2500rpm and 3000rpm for 15s each and allow to idle again for couple of minutes.
- Then just go on a casual five minute drive and replicate the issues your having.

That is essentially enough just make sure the car is fully warmed up before logging (unless logging a cold start issue) as in oil temp to midway point on gauge.

The tunes they send out won't do any harm unless there is a mistake and the most common mistakes tuners make is MAF ID size due to all different CAI's on the market, this is where your AFR dash gauge is perfect, it should idle around 14.0, if it is in 10's it is pig rich and if its 16+ it is lean at this point forget doing any logging and report it to the tuner.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally depends on how you like the tune, if you like how the car drives general day to day, then all you need to focus on is WOT Pull.

Also for those wondering:

Octane 91 = RON 95 (Unleaded)
Octane 93 = RON 97.5 (Better super unleaded)

If your using Shell Vpower/Tesco 100 you can request an Octane 94-95 tune but you must only EVER use that fuel, or request a seperate tune file based on that.

So if the car drives nice you just need to do a couple of WOT pulls ideally:
- 1500-6500rpm (stock manifold)
- 2000-7500rpm (350 manifold)

They will adjust fuelling, timing, VCT/cam as required to maximise power safely or just reply saying all is good, go away. ;)

If you have a driving issue, then it is best to do one 5-10 minute log of the following:

- Drive in 3rd and accelerate VERY SLOWLY from 1100rpm - 5000rpm, then park and idle for three minutes.
- Then hold revs at 1500rpm, 2000rpm, 2500rpm and 3000rpm for 15s each and allow to idle again for couple of minutes.
- Then just go on a casual five minute drive and replicate the issues your having.

That is essentially enough just make sure the car is fully warmed up before logging (unless logging a cold start issue) as in oil temp to midway point on gauge.

The tunes they send out won't do any harm unless there is a mistake and the most common mistakes tuners make is MAF ID size due to all different CAI's on the market, this is where your AFR dash gauge is perfect, it should idle around 14.0, if it is in 10's it is pig rich and if its 16+ it is lean at this point forget doing any logging and report it to the tuner.
ZAFR ? It doesn't appear to readout anything

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZAFR ? It doesn't appear to readout anything

On your car dash, between rev counter and speedo there is lots of info, the top on is air fuel ratio displayed on the dash, it should hover around 14.0 at idle.

Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On your car dash, between rev counter and speedo there is lots of info, the top on is air fuel ratio displayed on the dash, it should hover around 14.0 at idle.
Only thing I'm noticed is that it's bogging down a bit at idle- like it's gonna konk out, and the engine light is stuck on as well

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Does Lund do a tune for an ecoboost?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing I'm noticed is that it's bogging down a bit at idle- like it's gonna konk out, and the engine light is stuck on as well

You need to do a crank re-learn, something only SCT X4 and dealerships can do (dealership probably not have a clue). If have an SCT X4, I am in Stoke-on-Trent so if you come to me I will sort the engine light for you, it might also fix the bogging.

If it does not just ask Lund to raise the idle by 50rpm.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to do a crank re-learn, something only SCT X4 and dealerships can do (dealership probably not have a clue). If have an SCT X4, I am in Stoke-on-Trent so if you come to me I will sort the engine light for you, it might also fix the bogging.

If it does not just ask Lund to raise the idle by 50rpm.
engine light has decided its fine again and has switched off.
have done a few WOT in 3rd and regular driving and idle - sent the logs off now.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
engine light has decided its fine again and has switched off.
have done a few WOT in 3rd and regular driving and idle - sent the logs off now.

Good to hear, Lund tune transforms these cars, so much more punch down low and of course a lot more power up top.

Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear, Lund tune transforms these cars, so much more punch down low and of course a lot more power up top.
i didn't really get a proper play about from standing starts - but did notice it pulling harder in 2nd gear.

will report back when ive got some more time for it - will see what they say about the logs too

logs mean anything to you? they are csv files, is there a graphical convertor somewhere?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i didn't really get a proper play about from standing starts - but did notice it pulling harder in 2nd gear.

will report back when ive got some more time for it - will see what they say about the logs too

logs mean anything to you? they are csv files, is there a graphical convertor somewhere?

I understand them yes, zip up one log that has a WOT 3rd gear pull from 2000-7000rpm or there abouts and email it me: [email protected]

Let me know fuel and what mods your running I can tell you if it looks safe and if more potential ;)

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)