Sponsored

PMAS CAI with a LUND / UPR tune?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You need to do a crank re-learn, something only SCT X4 and dealerships can do (dealership probably not have a clue). If have an SCT X4, I am in Stoke-on-Trent so if you come to me I will sort the engine light for you, it might also fix the bogging.

If it does not just ask Lund to raise the idle by 50rpm.
There is crank relearn for the ngauge. Firmware update.
Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Oh where is that. I loaded on the update but haven't looked around in it.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Oh where is that. I loaded on the update but haven't looked around in it.
sweet thats good to know - i saw there was a firmware update when submitting my logs - mines quite a bit behind by the looks of it

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Lund customer service continues to impress.

I suddenly had some slightly rough running/surging at constant revs or light acceleration (around 3k revs in 3rd for example).

I did a log off my own back and submitted it to Lund. Had a reply within 30mins saying the logs had been analysed and all looked good/safe and within specs..... So could immediately rule out MAF problems etc. Also a great piece of mind relief. Also saved me hours and hours in what would have been unnecessary fault finding.

Solution was to remove the PMAS entirely, give all a bloody good clean (lots of crap came out of the filter) and then refit very carefully.

All good now, so guessing I probably had a very small vacuum leak on one of the joints.

Just thought it worth pointing out the excellent continued support from Lund. Saved time and heartache and put my mind at ease.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Lund customer service continues to impress.

I suddenly had some slightly rough running/surging at constant revs or light acceleration (around 3k revs in 3rd for example).

I did a log off my own back and submitted it to Lund. Had a reply within 30mins saying the logs had been analysed and all looked good/safe and within specs..... So could immediately rule out MAF problems etc. Also a great piece of mind relief. Also saved me hours and hours in what would have been unnecessary fault finding.

Solution was to remove the PMAS entirely, give all a bloody good clean (lots of crap came out of the filter) and then refit very carefully.

All good now, so guessing I probably had a very small vacuum leak on one of the joints.

Just thought it worth pointing out the excellent continued support from Lund. Saved time and heartache and put my mind at ease.

The PMAS does this, I spotted it on Centurion's car on last NC500, unfortunately it fits under a little stress and quality is not great.

Best bet is to get it in place with everything loose to a point where it seems to naturally sit, then tighten things as tight as you can go without deforming the plastic tubes.

PMAS is still the king of power, but the IAT's and poor quality put me off, I prefer the GT 350 CAI as it just fits and looks factory, plus has much lower IAT's, though still high compared to stock air box.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]

Re the GT350 CAI. Just a case of ordering the CAI and the larger 87mm TB, or is there more needed?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]

Re the GT350 CAI. Just a case of ordering the CAI and the larger 87mm TB, or is there more needed?
350 CAI fits stock and 350 TB. :)

But yes you could also order the 350 TB too, but Lund might charge you to re-write the tune as its quite a big change. Not sure its worth it though, has very little impact on power.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ah cool, thought I read that the GT350 CAI didn't fit the std. GT TB @80mm

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah cool, thought I read that the GT350 CAI didn't fit the std. GT TB @80mm
Fits fine, just tighten it more. ;)

I've ran my 350 setup on both stock TB and 350 TB. I ran stock TB as Lund could not dial the car in on the 350 TB, throttle was too jumpy/bumpy or touchy, hard to explain just did not like it. So I went back to stock TB which drove nicer though was still a little touchy/bumpy, but was acceptable.

I am now with a different tuner, back on the 350 TB and car drives like stock, silky smooth. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Cool, thats good to know. Was hesitant to order as LMR and other websites were saying it was a no-go.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The PMAS does this, I spotted it on Centurion's car on last NC500, unfortunately it fits under a little stress and quality is not great.

Best bet is to get it in place with everything loose to a point where it seems to naturally sit, then tighten things as tight as you can go without deforming the plastic tubes.
Which is little more than handtight. :doh:

PMAS does the job but yes, parts quality is pretty shocking.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
Yes!

The stock filter it comes with is paper. So either try using your PMAS filter or buy a GT500 filter, Airaid do them, but I have a Steeda Powerstack filter on its way to test if it fits in which case that will be best option for looks for and power.
Is this configuration good for an 2017 GT or better with PMAS?

How do you record the data to send them to Lund?
2017-07-25c.png
Sponsored