The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Is this configuration good for an 2017 GT or better with PMAS?

How do you record the data to send them to Lund?
with the SCT or the Lund ngage that is provided within that kit.

I think some have said PMAS is the best intake for the GT, however the quality of it is shocking. Now, I'm making an assumption here but PMAS + 350 TB + 350 Mani = Most power from the 'bolt on' options.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
with the SCT or the Lund ngage that is provided within that kit.

I think some have said PMAS is the best intake for the GT, however the quality of it is shocking. Now, I'm making an assumption here but PMAS + 350 TB + 350 Mani = Most power from the 'bolt on' options.
Yes. But for the sake of 2-3HP the 350 CAI is much better quality and OEM fit/finish. :)

The ultimate NA setup for these cars is:
- Cobra Jet IM (engine needs lowering 1/4-1/2"
- Twin FRPP or GT500 TB
- Cobrajet CAI (car needs minor work to make it fit)
- Custom tune from AED
- 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers with with highflow cats

The result would be 560-570HP NA at crank. Add some Stage 3 cams and well you might crack or touch 600HP.

But the above is quite expensive and ideally needs custom tuning to dial in from likes of AED or Lund, its expensive but that is pretty much as good as it gets NA on the S550 and does put the car into 10 second quarter mile territory with tyre and driver mod.

The 350 setup is vastly cheaper, easier to install and supported by more tuners, though Lund and AED are easily the best two for 350 setup.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
The PMAS looks like shit, but technically it works better than anything out there on the market.

If the guys at [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] would just pull the stick out of their ass and get on with designing something that looked a little better, they'd sell a lot more.

Im another one moving on from the PMAS to the 350CAI.

Another advantage of the PMAS is that they offer a no-tune version with a re-calibrated MAF sensor. So no tune required.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
The PMAS looks like shit, but technically it works better than anything out there on the market.
^ This

Although i don't think it looks that bad. But then i don't spend hours staring at my engine bay comparing. Just swapped it out with the stock air box and instantly noticed the lost power/pull. What it lacks in quality is more than made up for in performance. :thumbsup:
Sponsored