Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
My is also out. I dropped it off at ford, they said they will empty the system and pull a vaccum to see if there is a leak. The service writer said that with the new second gen r134a the system actually uses up a little refrigerant, I call BS on that. He also said there isn't a high pressure blow off, I could have sworn there I heard there was a blowoff of some sort when I tried to turn the AC on twice.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
My is also out. I dropped it off at ford, they said they will empty the system and pull a vaccum to see if there is a leak. The service writer said that with the new second gen r134a the system actually uses up a little refrigerant, I call BS on that. He also said there isn't a high pressure blow off, I could have sworn there I heard there was a blowoff of some sort when I tried to turn the AC on twice.
So they said it was 1/3 low on refrigerant. They emptied it and refilled with UV dye and were unable to find any leak. They checked the AC drain for UV dye to see if it was in the evaporator. No luck, they told me to to bring it back if it stops working again so they can check for dye then.... oh welll I hope if it dies again its still in the warranty, i have 23k miles on it now:(

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks for the update. I will take mine in on Thursday for a "refill". Will keep you posted.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So they said it was 1/3 low on refrigerant. They emptied it and refilled with UV dye and were unable to find any leak. They checked the AC drain for UV dye to see if it was in the evaporator. No luck, they told me to to bring it back if it stops working again so they can check for dye then.... oh welll I hope if it dies again its still in the warranty, i have 23k miles on it now:(
Isn't it possible that if the EVAP core is leaking within the sealed HVAC box (which is behind the dash), then NO ONE would be able to see any UV dye since no one has the ability to see through solid objects with their EYES... geez, where's the common sense already. The EVAP core could still be defective even if the shop isn't seeing UV dye coming out of the drain tube.

Why doesn't the dealer reference the actual SSM that they have access to and replace the unit based on the facts provided within the SSM?

I have a feeling you'll be back at the dealer at a later date...

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Isn't it possible that if the EVAP core is leaking within the sealed HVAC box (which is behind the dash), then NO ONE would be able to see any UV dye since no one has the ability to see through solid objects with their EYES... geez, where's the common sense already. The EVAP core could still be defective even if the shop isn't seeing UV dye coming out of the drain tube.

Why doesn't the dealer reference the actual SSM that they have access to and replace the unit based on the facts provided within the SSM?

I have a feeling you'll be back at the dealer at a later date...
sorry what is SSM?

Also I would love to show them a TSB or something about it. But now its stuff I read on the internet vs them.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
sorry what is SSM?

Also I would love to show them a TSB or something about it. But now its stuff I read on the internet vs them.
SSM means "Special Service Message" ... which is Ford telling dealerships information about a know problem.

Doesn't look like the list has been updated for awhile. I doubt there is a formal TSB about the A/C evaporator.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43126

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
SSM means "Special Service Message" ... which is Ford telling dealerships information about a know problem.

Doesn't look like the list has been updated for awhile. I doubt there is a formal TSB about the A/C evaporator.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43126

From link's info it might seem they fixed it for 2017. But maybe they haven't included 2017 yet. Or maybe the issue is different.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/resources...l-and-tsb-info

EQUIPMENT:AIR CONDITIONER

Year: 2015-2016 Mustang

TSB #: SSM-45815

NHTSA ID #: 10078988

Date Announced: MAY 11 2016

Summary: AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) INOPERATIVE - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0645

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
From link's info it might seem they fixed it for 2017. But maybe they haven't included 2017 yet. Or maybe the issue is different.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/resources...l-and-tsb-info

EQUIPMENT:AIR CONDITIONER

Year: 2015-2016 Mustang

TSB #: SSM-45815

NHTSA ID #: 10078988

Date Announced: MAY 11 2016

Summary: AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) INOPERATIVE - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0645
SSM-45815 is not about the AC evaporator ... it's a different AC problem.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/MC-10078988-7690.pdf

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I currently have the same A/C issue on my car but slightly different.

I explain, my local dealer already recharged 2 times the system with new gaz, after that everything was fine, but now when I put the A/C the lowest I can to have cold air coming out, I have some kind of fog/moisture coming out the vents. It also smells not really good...

This is really annoying as this makes the cabin even more uncomfortable than just opening the windows.

Do you guys think it's the evaporator problem on my car ?

Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I currently have the same A/C issue on my car but slightly different.

I explain, my local dealer already recharged 2 times the system with new gaz, after that everything was fine, but now when I put the A/C the lowest I can to have cold air coming out, I have some kind of fog/moisture coming out the vents. It also smells not really good...

This is really annoying as this makes the cabin even more uncomfortable than just opening the windows.

Do you guys think it's the evaporator problem on my car ?
It sounds like it, yes. And I would NOT be breathing that stuff in. Take it back. Demand the evap change!

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Took my car to Ford on Monday for the a/c and smoke blowing out of the exhaust (I'm thinking it was the PCV system issue)...dealer called me yesterday and told me I can potentially pick the car up Wednesday or Thursday. Then he said I would have to bring it back in on Monday because the part won't be delivered until then and that they fixed one half of the problem? lol I'm just like wtf. This is the SECOND time I've had to take it in because of the a/c. The first time they stated they ordered brand new parts and replaced the entire system. Now they're saying they need to replace the evap. My car is under 20k miles so this is ridiculous.
Has anyone taken the car in twice for the a/c? or am I the only one lol and why are Ford products so terrible?

:headbonk:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
John, regarding the smell, I think all you need is simply a filter change. As for the moisture you see coming out of the vents it's probably condensation because of the air humidity.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Shouldn't leaky evaporator cores on big scale represent environmental concerns? Would reporting the issues like this somewhere help initiate some recall with permanent fix?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Shouldn't leaky evaporator cores on big scale represent environmental concerns? Would reporting the issues like this somewhere help initiate some recall with permanent fix?
That's actually a great idea. The EPA wouldn't like hearing about all the refrigerant being leaked. However, it'd be hard to get real numbers without getting some lawyers involved. I'm terrified that it'll go out at about 40k miles. Then Ford can tell me to hand over thousands or get fucked.

Also, does anyone know if Ford has lifetime warranty on their replaced parts?

I know on my previous car, a Volvo, they guaranteed the parts they replaced for life. It'd suck to have this go out at 20k, them replacing it, and have it go out 20k miles later.
Sponsored