Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Day 19 - Noticed the Remote start no longer works... Not sure if its because of the door latch or the dash install or what else but it just wont remote start anymore.

Now i am taking it back in tomorrow to get it the remote start and thumping thing looked at.
I've had a few hiccups with the remote start as well.. 2 things that have stopped it from working on mine are the hood sensor reading hood ajar when it's closed (probably due to the panel misalignment on my hood) and the PCV hose keeps coming loose on the intake..
The clip that holds it in place is super weak and when the PCV gets loose I get a check engine light and the remote start stops working.

This has happened 3 times now, I try a remote start, car honks and flashes refusing to start.. I pop the hood and sure enough the PCV hose is loose to the point of almost coming off completely..
Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
I've had a few hiccups with the remote start as well.. 2 things that have stopped it from working on mine are the hood sensor reading hood ajar when it's closed (probably due to the panel misalignment on my hood) and the PCV hose keeps coming loose on the intake..
The clip that holds it in place is super weak and when the PCV gets loose I get a check engine light and the remote start stops working.

This has happened 3 times now, I try a remote start, car honks and flashes refusing to start.. I pop the hood and sure enough the PCV hose is loose to the point of almost coming off completely..

I get no honks at all it simply wont work. They asked me to take both key fobs in tomorrow to get it re set then.

as far as pricing for the Ac evap coil my said it was a $2,200 job. I am not sure why such a difference but i would ask them to price match the 1300 to anyone doing it out of pocket

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Looks like I'm a victim to this as well.

Would I be right in saying warm/ambient air from the driver side and cold air from passenger vents would be a common symptom?

I'm in Europe, so this is gonna be a fun fix. Not.
2017 EU spec EcoBoost here. The exact same thing started happening to me yesterday, on a hot day. The car is only 8 months old with 6000 km on (3750 miles). This seems to be a common problem to the 2015+ Mustang, but never happend to me to any of the cars I owned before.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
2017 EU spec EcoBoost here. The exact same thing started happening to me yesterday, on a hot day. The car is only 8 months old with 6000 km on (3750 miles). This seems to be a common problem to the 2015+ Mustang, but never happend to me to any of the cars I owned before.
Same here on my 15, 2 weeks ago they refilled/recharged the AC compressor... so far it still works but if it fails again I hope it's in the next 6 weeks or so as my warranty is running out. No way I'm gonna pay 1300 to fix it.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I really hope it doesn't fail again...

By the way you only got a 3-year warranty? I got 5 years.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I really hope it doesn't fail again...

By the way you only got a 3-year warranty? I got 5 years.
2 years, running out in 2 months. I was never informed about extended warranty during my order, bummer!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
2 years, running out in 2 months. I was never informed about extended warranty during my order, bummer!
You can still buy a Ford extended warranty plan before your factory warranty runs out.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I didn't buy extended warranty. I just negotiated a 5-year warranty when I bought the car., and they gave it to me.

Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I've read through most of these and it seems I'm having the same issue with the evaporator core... can anyone recommend a dealer in the Houston area to do this fix correctly?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Update: I took the car to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed that they have to top it up with coolant (as if it was needed...). They will do it next week. They could not find a leakage and they told me it's normal for any car to leak a bit coolant, although I am not convinced... I will keep you posted.

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
I've read through most of these and it seems I'm having the same issue with the evaporator core... can anyone recommend a dealer in the Houston area to do this fix correctly?
I took mine to Russell and Smith on 610. They replaced the compressor, the evap and a hose. They were easy to work with. But, they gave me the car back missing 2 fasteners under the hood and my 4th gear makes noise that it previously did not.

I've had VERY poor experience with Sterling McCall, Autonation and Legacy.

When I bought the car, a 90 degree day could be handled with the knob slightly left of center. It was arctic. Then it had to be turned left and left some more. Now its doing the same again, it seems. Your mileage may vary.

Maybe I'll trade it for a Kia Stinger or a Civic Type R....Or a Camaro.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
I took mine back to where I bought it from, Tommie Vaughn. They did good work and I was able to get a loaner (they should anyway). They finished in two days. 2015 GT PP

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
So if this goes out after the B2B warranty my extended warranty will cover it?
Sponsored