Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't see 40 grand as that big of a deal. My car stickered for 39.8 and and it's a run of the mill gt premium. Auto trans with 3.55 gears. New sports cars are expensive now a days.
Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I don't see 40 grand as that big of a deal. My car stickered for 39.8 and and it's a run of the mill gt premium. Auto trans with 3.55 gears. New sports cars are expensive now a days.
[MENTION=10497]OX1[/MENTION] $8500 is nothing in the grand scheme of life. I've been waiting for the "Ultimate​ GT" since the '15 was announced so I rather spend a little more to get what I really want.

Plus I think your pricing is off on the '18. I can see a GTPP with magneride and active exhaust and A10 being.....$42k and you're forgetting the $900 shipping cost.
No doubt, many will and do pay that much. I just don't have any desire too.
I have a lot of other vehicles that I also enjoy. If I was going to only have
one toy, then yes it might be loaded with everything (although that
usually brings more weight, which decreases performance overall)

If I was to get an 18, it would not be until late 19, closer to 20.
And, yes I left off destination for both cars, so add a grand to both estimates.

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
Funny how you drive a Saab, have 19 posts, and think your opinion matters here. Get back to us once you buy that 'stang..if you even do.

Guys that don't even own Mustangs, dismissing and dissing on current Mustang owners opinions..:crazy:
What does me driving a Saab has to do with anything? I am not posting my expertise in Mustang. The reason I am on this forum is because I am planning on buying a Mustang. Hence asking questions related to it. Go check my "19 posts"

No reason to get salty. :crazy:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dig dash $495 (might be part or premium only, which would suck)
From the video interview with the productmanager that was recently posted I got that it will be a separate option but will require the premium package.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That is a generality that is impossible to prove given the information that is available. If you want to make yourself feel better about your purchase, I get it I guess, but it really is silly to use it as a selling point when you have zero facts about the new engines.
I'm not defending anything with my purchase. That was my choice. I'm just simply stating that you won't run higher PSI with a higher compression ratio unless you enjoy your engine going kaboom is all I'm saying.

The fact of the matter is the new engine is increasing in compression ratio which usually means a higher risk with higher boost. Just go see how Camaro owners are enjoying their FI solutions that aren't adding much. If you're serious about FI, you'll use lower compression pistons.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I'm not defending anything with my purchase. That was my choice. I'm just simply stating that you won't run higher PSI with a higher compression ratio unless you enjoy your engine going kaboom is all I'm saying.

The fact of the matter is the new engine is increasing in compression ratio which usually means a higher risk with higher boost. Just go see how Camaro owners are enjoying their FI solutions that aren't adding much. If you're serious about FI, you'll use lower compression pistons.

Please stop.

You don't have to run higher PSI, if the car has more compression. But that is not the whole of the argument. what about the fact that the 2018 gets DUAL-INJECTION..?

The new engine might be MORE tunable, because you have more control. We know this, from seeing many engines go DFI.

I was simply pointing out someone's fud...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Im betting the new duel injection will be a tuning nightmare. It'll also most likely require a more complex fuel system over stock to run boost. The 6gen Camaro & BMW guys have struggled so far.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Please stop.

You don't have to run higher PSI, if the car has more compression. But that is not the whole of the argument. what about the fact that the 2018 gets DUAL-INJECTION..?

The new engine might be MORE tunable, because you have more control. We know this, from seeing many engines go DFI.

I was simply pointing out someone's fud...
I don't think you understand how tuning an engine works, but please continue. My last car I owned was a PI/DI combo and it was tricky with tuning. Also a 12.5:1 compression ratio. Any forced induction surpassing 8-10 PSI on 93 octane was just asking for failure. 12-14 on E85.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Joy, you can listen to the car changing gear more often. Can't wait for the 50 speed!
You don't really hear the trans shifting much, sounds like the engine is just holding revs as the car accelerates.

With higher compression you can make more power with less boost.

Im betting the new duel injection will be a tuning nightmare. It'll also most likely require a more complex fuel system over stock to run boost. The 6gen Camaro & BMW guys have struggled so far.

I have a feeling tuners are going to treat is as a pure DI system then use the port injectors as a safety net. I don't see it being overly complicated.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
We'll know something in a year or so. I just see twice as much to go wrong.:shrug:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
With the upgraded clutch announced, I'm already wondering if it would be a smart option when the inevitable 1st clutch job comes around on my '15? Or...does the aftermarket generally offer a superior solution? I guess there's too many unknowns at this point to make a definitive judgment, but that idea crossed my mind.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
aftermarket clutch will always be superior

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
With the upgraded clutch announced, I'm already wondering if it would be a smart option when the inevitable 1st clutch job comes around on my '15? Or...does the aftermarket generally offer a superior solution? I guess there's too many unknowns at this point to make a definitive judgment, but that idea crossed my mind.
I was thinking the same thing, wonder how much TQ it can hold, you know the NVH should be minimal.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would guess it wouldn't even be able to be swapped over since the '18 also uses a dual mass flywheel.

aftermarket clutch will always be superior

+1, not to mention with the aftermarket you can get the parts that were made for your specific application.
Sponsored