Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No disrespect but that's the biggest horseshit I've ever heard. Any/Everyone that invested in an affected car is entitled to not only a fix but the truth.

That's only fair... and again, no one is claiming Joe a liar. Additional "facts" are warranted.
You think Joe owes you something? Lol - I was pretty sure you were an older gentleman but perhaps your inner, entitled 15-year-old is protruding.

You guys already misquoted, misread, misdiagnosed, and dreamed up the entire situation - and for what? Just to say one car failed in a way that Ford already told you a car could fail? The only thing left to do is wait for the fix but some of you guys feel content argue over nothing you can even remotely control.

You're turning it into a joke of a circus.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't mine stanglife. He's always got a smart remark to make. I learned to ignore him. He gets off on being arrogant.
And I really don't know why you, of all people, are complaining. As far as I know, your car is still in a million pieces and it's winter up there. You in a hurry to plow the snow in your 350?

Wait for the fix, for shits sake instead of arguing and calling your fellow Mustang enthusiasts lairs, which yes, that's exactly what you're doing. Just because you guys say stuff like "no disrespect" or "I'm not saying you're lying" doesn't automatically make that true...when you follow up with "I don't buy it, I don't believe it..blah blah.".

It's a joke. Wait for the fix.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No one said Joe owed anyone anything... thanks for your inaccurate bullypit assumption of who I am. I will refrain from playing in the sandpit with you.

The lack of answers to posted questions are enough to know that there's more to the story.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No one said Joe owed anyone anything... thanks for your inaccurate bullypit assumption of who I am. I will refrain from playing in the sandpit with you.

The lack of answers to posted questions are enough to know that there's more to the story.
That's a conspiracy theorist at it's best. You were even wrong about claiming Joe didn't originally mention a fuel line. You guys hung your hat on that, saying there was more to the story (essentially calling him a liar). Now your inaccuracy has been called out but you're quickly changing the subject.

And yes, you acted like he owed you something.

TO keep with my previous trend:

Blog_20120328_MickeysCircusTeaser.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You think Joe owes you something? Lol - I was pretty sure you were an older gentleman but perhaps your inner, entitled 15-year-old is protruding.

You guys already misquoted, misread, misdiagnosed, and dreamed up the entire situation - and for what? Just to say one car failed in a way that Ford already told you a car could fail? The only thing left to do is wait for the fix but some of you guys feel content argue over nothing you can even remotely control.

You're turning it into a joke of a circus.
Look Jeff. Nobody said joe owes anyone anything. As I said many times this isn't about joe. Get down off your horse cowboy and relax and stop trying to make this into something it's not. No one here said joe is at fault or lying. It's already been proven that the hoses have failed. If in fact the snap ring failed, which I still doubt then ford would/should of sent out a TSB to inspect all GT350 just as they did for the hoses. Are you really that secure that if the snap ring failed the rest of the GT350 owners have no risk of theirs failing also? Someone outside of the GT350 forums and Facebook has had a hose fail to have ford release a TSB /recall. But not one single person other then joe has had a snap ring fail? I don't buy that.
So I'll recap. If joes snap ring did fail why haven't all GT350 owners received a notice to have them inspected? After all most but not all owners take their cars to the dealer for pm service. Even if the snap ring failed we should of all received a notice to have them inspected or repaired. Just as the hose notice we received. That's all. :frusty:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
And I really don't know why you, of all people, are complaining. As far as I know, your car is still in a million pieces and it's winter up there. You in a hurry to plow the snow in your 350?

Wait for the fix, for shits sake instead of arguing and calling your fellow Mustang enthusiasts lairs, which yes, that's exactly what you're doing. Just because you guys say stuff like "no disrespect" or "I'm not saying you're lying" doesn't automatically make that true...when you follow up with "I don't buy it, I don't believe it..blah blah.".

It's a joke. Wait for the fix.
Actually Jeff it's not snowing here. And no I didn't call joe a liar. I'm calling ford and the dealer a liar. And to prove my point we just now heard about the fuel line and 2 additional techs. That's not anything we heard of before all of this.
Actually maybe I am calling joe a liar. Maybe I am saying he was offered the R at $100 below msrp to keep quiet. Yeah, yeah that's why I'm saying!
Have a great day friend.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That's a conspiracy theorist at it's best. You were even wrong about claiming Joe didn't originally mention a fuel line. You guys hung your hat on that, saying there was more to the story (essentially calling him a liar). Now your inaccuracy has been called out but you're quickly changing the subject.

And yes, you acted like he owed you something.

TO keep with my previous trend:

Blog_20120328_MickeysCircusTeaser.jpg
Lol... damn man. You got issues.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I checked my snap ring after I heard what caused the fire. Mine was not seated all the way into the groove although it had paint marks on it indicting it was checked. I tapped it in to the groove and it moved quite a bit. Probably half its thickness.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Actually Jeff it's not snowing here. And no I didn't call joe a liar. I'm calling ford and the dealer a liar. And to prove my point we just now heard about the fuel line and 2 additional techs. That's not anything we heard of before all of this.
Actually maybe I am calling joe a liar. Maybe I am saying he was offered the R at $100 below msrp to keep quiet. Yeah, yeah that's why I'm saying!
Have a great day friend.
And he kept quiet??? No, he shared all of this with us...his mistake, I guess.

To prove your point?? This is the first time we've heard of a fuel line? How can you still be ignoring the link posted above?

Amazing.

To reel this back in and summarize. We are only arguing here between ourselves. Nothing we say, demand, cry about is going to make a difference at this point. I'd like it fixed, too but the only thing coming from the conversation is pointing fingers at your fellow enthusiasts. Let's stop.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
To be perfectly honest... This mess right here is why I choose to not come here on a daily basis anymore. Just look at yourselves... I don't owe anyone a full typed report of what happened. Maybe I'm lazy, maybe I'd rather do it over a few drinks in a bar with select people, but some of you guys and your conspiracy theories are killing me. The only reason I even responded about this was to clarify that my car has nothing to do with this recall.

Scott, I mention the failed fuel line in my "detailed" experience of the fire (as outlined above). You do realize that it took some 90 days and countless conversations with my local dealer and folks on a national level to come to a settlement, right? I'm not willing to (I don't want to, it's not necessary) share all my correspondence I had with Ford on the Internet. It's simply not necessary.

Some of you want so bad for my car to have been the ONE that caused this recall, you seem to be twisting my words and facts to fit your theory. Just stop already.

For the most part, the fire was contained to the rear and bottom of the car. Most everything under the hood in front of the firewall was intact.

I'm still curious if the snap ring itself failed, was never seated fully, or the oil filter adapter wasn't machined properly which then led to the snap ring not being seated, etc.
I'd like to know the answers to these questions myself, but I suspect I'll never know.

I do know the car was shipped to another dealer in the ATL metro area for further investigation. The last report is the car was missing the engine and transmission. Let's see how this gets twisted now. :shrug:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
For the most part, the fire was contained to the rear and bottom of the car. Most everything under the hood in front of the firewall was intact.
Because fire + wind?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
To be perfectly honest... This mess right here is why I choose to not come here on a daily basis anymore. Just look at yourselves... I don't owe anyone a full typed report of what happened. Maybe I'm lazy, maybe I'd rather do it over a few drinks in a bar with select people, but some of you guys and your conspiracy theories are killing me. The only reason I even responded about this was to clarify that my car has nothing to do with this recall.

Scott, I mention the failed fuel line in my "detailed" experience of the fire (as outlined above). You do realize that it took some 90 days and countless conversations with my local dealer and folks on a national level to come to a settlement, right? I'm not willing to (I don't want to, it's not necessary) share all my correspondence I had with Ford on the Internet. It's simply not necessary.

Some of you want so bad for my car to have been the ONE that caused this recall, you seem to be twisting my words and facts to fit your theory. Just stop already.

I'd like to know the answers to these questions myself, but I suspect I'll never know.

I do know the car was shipped to another dealer in the ATL metro area for further investigation. The last report is the car was missing the engine and transmission. Let's see how this gets twisted now. :shrug:
Joe, that's fine. Like I said this has nothing to do with you. But if that's how sensitive you are and you want to take it that way I'm sorry. My whole entire point is if a snap ring failed and it very well could of, then why didn't a TSB or recall go out just like the hoses. I'm not the one taking this personal. You are. I'll say it again THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. ITS FORD. No one is blaming you or your car for anythomg. Just like you we'd like straight answers also. IM done with this.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I checked my snap ring after I heard what caused the fire. Mine was not seated all the way into the groove although it had paint marks on it indicting it was checked. I tapped it in to the groove and it moved quite a bit. Probably half its thickness.
Thanks Gordon :thumbsup: I really appreciate the info :cheers:

Gonna add this to my list of routine checks! Please let us know if yours unseats.