Modifying As-Built Data Guide

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
No you can't. Only windows version has the ability to mod values.

No problem. I got it working. Had to improvise. Lol. All working. I guess after the master reset Sirius works again. I'm assuming it's a trial like when u buy ur car? I don't have a subscription....
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No problem. I got it working. Had to improvise. Lol. All working. I guess after the master reset Sirius works again. I'm assuming it's a trial like when u buy ur car? I don't have a subscription....
Sirius is free for everyone at the moment.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought a new MX and Forscan still cant identify the vehicle

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No you can't. Only windows version has the ability to mod values.
What if the user has a MAC and is using it in "Windows" mode, can't the MAC user then make the same changes?

Also any known issues with the WiFi version of the tool, or is everyone just using Bluetooth?

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
What if the user has a MAC and is using it in "Windows" mode, can't the MAC user then make the same changes?

Also any known issues with the WiFi version of the tool, or is everyone just using Bluetooth?
Yes. U can use VMware. That's what I used running windows 10 and worked just fine besides having to lug a huge iMac out to the garage since my windows laptop didn't have Bluetooth. I was going to order the wifi version but the reviews on amazon weren't that good so stuck w the Bluetooth.

Sponsored

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Solved my connection issue. I had to flash my PCM back to stock for it to connect. For some reason it wont connect with my Lund tune flashed on the ecu.

Also, I cant find how to enable rear parking proximity sensors.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes. U can use VMware. That's what I used running windows 10 and worked just fine besides having to lug a huge iMac out to the garage since my windows laptop didn't have Bluetooth. I was going to order the wifi version but the reviews on amazon weren't that good so stuck w the Bluetooth.
Thanks for the reply. Now here's another question, I was looking at the MX Bluetooth (solid black outer case) on OBDLink's website and it does not say it's iOS compatible. So can you just give a quick note as to how you are using the tool between the car, Forscan and your iOS device?

I also read the horrible reviews about the OBDLink MX WIFi tool, so then I was wondering how MAC users are in fact using the Bluetooth version (hence my initial question of using the MAC in Windows mode).

Thanks in advance for the additional help.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Now here's another question, I was looking at the MX Bluetooth (solid black outer case) on OBDLink's website and it does not say it's iOS compatible. So can you just give a quick note as to how you are using the tool between the car, Forscan and your iOS device?

I also read the horrible reviews about the OBDLink MX WIFi tool, so then I was wondering how MAC users are in fact using the Bluetooth version (hence my initial question of using the MAC in Windows mode).

Im NOT using an ios device (iphone, ipad, ipod). I'm using my apple computer (imac) and software (vmware which has windows installed) and forscan (windows based program) Your computer that you use must have bluetooth equipped.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Same here. This all sounds very interesting, I'm getting hung up on the hardware. I have a Windows 10 PC with bluetooth and an iPhone. I'd like to be able to use it on both so that leaves me with the OBDLink MX wifi but the reviews are REALLY bad.

The bad thing is, I have a Kiwi 3 OBDII bluetooth adapter that I love. I've never had a single problem connecting to my iPhone but for some reason, it doesn't connect to the PC. Also, it looks like FORScan doesn't support it. I hate to spend all that money for yet another adapter but especially when I can't even find which one to buy.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Same here. This all sounds very interesting, I'm getting hung up on the hardware. I have a Windows 10 PC with bluetooth and an iPhone. I'd like to be able to use it on both so that leaves me with the OBDLink MX wifi but the reviews are REALLY bad.

The bad thing is, I have a Kiwi 3 OBDII bluetooth adapter that I love. I've never had a single problem connecting to my iPhone but for some reason, it doesn't connect to the PC. Also, it looks like FORScan doesn't support it. I hate to spend all that money for yet another adapter but especially when I can't even find which one to buy.
The forscan has a "lite" iphone app but its the basic I believe so you can probably scan your cars data but will not be able to change the values.
If you have the PC bluetooth computer I would just use that and get the bluetooth device listed on amazon on the first page of this thread. Remember...You must apply for the activation and get an updated key for the forscan program or you wont be able to change the values, only scan. You can prob sell your Kiwi on ebay or something. I was lucky and had $60.00 of amazon cc points so mine was only around $20.00. :)

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The forscan has a "lite" iphone app but its the basic I believe so you can probably scan your cars data but will not be able to change the values.
If you have the PC bluetooth computer I would just use that and get the bluetooth device listed on amazon on the first page of this thread. Remember...You must apply for the activation and get an updated key for the forscan program or you wont be able to change the values, only scan. You can prob sell your Kiwi on ebay or something. I was lucky and had $60.00 of amazon cc points so mine was only around $20.00. :)
That's not a good solution for me since I have an iPhone. That means it would only work on my PC. That means for the 1% of the time I would use it on my PC, 99% of the time, it's not going to work on my phone. I only see using this on the PC to go in and make a setting. Most of the time using the adapter would be mobile on the cell phone.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I cant figure out how to enable rear parking proximity sensors

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
I cant figure out how to enable rear parking proximity sensors
I would start by comparing code in module 736 (PAM) with a Mustang that has them but make sure the one you are comparing doesn't also have front sensors or active park assist because the code would be entirely different.

There is also code in the IPC to enable/disable them.

Maybe here is a starting point:
<DATA LABEL="736-01-01"><CODE>4450</CODE><CODE>000B</CODE><CODE>DE</CODE></DATA>
<DATA LABEL="736-02-01"><CODE>0400</CODE><CODE>0400</CODE><CODE>48</CODE></DATA>
<DATA LABEL="736-03-01"><CODE>0600</CODE><CODE>4200</CODE><CODE>89</CODE></DATA>
<DATA LABEL="736-04-01"><CODE>0000</CODE><CODE>0000</CODE><CODE>42</CODE></DATA>
<DATA LABEL="736-05-01"><CODE>0000</CODE><CODE>0000</CODE><CODE>43</CODE></DATA>

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm curious if adding the code to enable and disable the park sensors in the IPC section would allow the toggle to work, and write the correct code to the park module by enabling them in the IPC. If you cannot find the code for the IPC before I get back home in the next couple of days, I'll dig back out the code to activate that and you can give it a shot.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Interesting thread with a ton of info, nice.
Sponsored