Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Definitely isn't working on my 2015. I installed the 3.8 update, and then the nav update successfully. Changed 7D0-01-02 in Forscan to x4xx-xxxx-xxxx, turned ignition off/on and added the navi patch and did a master reset.

I thought it would work since I was able to install the nav update, but nope, just shuts off climate control. I'll put up a picture later to show I'm changing the right thing in Forscan. I checked several times.
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Definitely isn't working on my 2015. I installed the 3.8 update, and then the nav update successfully. Changed 7D0-01-02 in Forscan to x4xx-xxxx-xxxx, turned ignition off/on and added the navi patch and did a master reset.

I thought it would work since I was able to install the nav update, but nope, just shuts off climate control. I'll put up a picture later to show I'm changing the right thing in Forscan. I checked several times.
after making the change in FORScan, did your touchscreen restart, and display a message with something to the effect of updating system files? If that doesn't happen, it wasn't written correctly.

Also...you're not actually typing out the x's are you? The x's are just place holders indicating that you don't modify the values in those fields. You only change the 2nd digit from a 0 to a 4, then hit write.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
after making the change in FORScan, did your touchscreen restart, and display a message with something to the effect of updating system files? If that doesn't happen, it wasn't written correctly.

Also...you're not actually typing out the x's are you? The x's are just place holders indicating that you don't modify the values in those fields. You only change the 2nd digit from a 0 to a 4, then hit write.
Oh..... derp.....I was typing x's.

Edit: That worked! Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Alrighty was a little nervous when doing this but was able to turn off the annoying double-honk. I apologize if this has been stated but do the GT350's with the 4in screens have the cobra logo on startup? If so has anyone figured out how to put it on the base/4in screens on the GT's, etc.?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What is the most current version of the tool (OBDLink MX)?

When I go to look it up on eBay, there seems to be different versions, meaning the exterior casing is different colors (black, red, etc).

Just want to be sure the correct and most current version is brought to me from Santa...

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I believe the black one is the Android/Windows bluetooth version and the red one is the IOS/Android/Windows wifi version. Any others I'm not so sure.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
What is the most current version of the tool (OBDLink MX)?

When I go to look it up on eBay, there seems to be different versions, meaning the exterior casing is different colors (black, red, etc).

Just want to be sure the correct and most current version is brought to me from Santa...
Black = Obdlink MX Bluetooth
Red = Obdlink MX Wifi
Green = Obdlink LX Bluetooth

(from http://www.obdlink.com/)

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Anybody tried adding a digital speedometer to IPC like the GT350?
I believe this question has been asked previously in this thread and was determined that it cant be done. The GT350 uses a different gauge cluster so it would require swapping out the gauge cluster to start with, which I dont think anyone has done yet.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Just got my obdlink Bluetooth device. Can I use the scan lite app on iPhone to do the nav add?? If not I have to install windows on my macair which I can do but don't really want to.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Just got my obdlink Bluetooth device. Can I use the scan lite app on iPhone to do the nav add?? If not I have to install windows on my macair which I can do but don't really want to.
No you can't. Only windows version has the ability to mod values.
Sponsored