Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
My opinion

As S550 is a "chiselled" design, I think the black rockers/splitter work well......even better if they're carbon dipped! It helps give it a lighter, less blocky look.

The S197 was a much more "blocky" design, so the painted bits worked on that design.

Now, about those spyshots you "promised" us, Topnotch (and, no, the tricycle above doesn't count ;) )
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I wonder if that could mean moving a bit further away from the Camaro badass look that is not selling, and more towards a smooth stylish look that is selling well.

I like the idea of a basic Grand Touring performance car rather than a smallish(?) Sports Car....backed up of course by the badass Shelbys.
I would believe so, my source also said that "it was the sportiest of all mustangs to date".

Honestly I would dig more of a contemporary look and get away from the s197 and camaro5g look.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I would believe so, my source also said that "it was the sportiest of all mustangs to date".

Honestly I would dig more of a contemporary look and get away from the s197 and camaro5g look.
Agreed. I have a feeling they are moving more towards an Audi/BMW style then back to Muscle/Pony.

One big move would be to remove the bulge/hump on the hood. If they did that it would improve the lines even more/better visibility.

I'm surprised that no pics have leaked from Vegas.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I have a feeling they are moving more towards an Audi/BMW style then back to Muscle/Pony.

One big move would be to remove the bulge/hump on the hood. If they did that it would improve the lines even more/better visibility.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I like the s550 the way it is. I'd rather they kept the traditional pony car look, but I can understand why they are probably headed in the opposite direction. I have no problem with visibility, and the big-ass hood is one of the things I love about this car. :D

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

Probably they are very strict with it. My source got to see the reveal in Detroit, he couldn't get any pics either.

BTW, he also told me about a new Ranger...I imagine this to counter-punch all the colorados and canyons.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Probably they are very strict with it. My source got to see the reveal in Detroit, he couldn't get any pics either.

BTW, he also told me about a new Ranger...I imagine this to counter-punch all the colorados and canyons.
Kinda crazy they are revealing this 'refresh' so soon to people. Seems like it's more then just a refresh now...

I'd love to see the Bronco ASAP...would be great.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
idk, i think the black side skirts and splitter makes the car look thinner. I think the painted parts would make it look chunkier and more monotone. They're easy to keep clean, just don't get wax all over them. If you do then just use a magic eraser ONLY on the black plastic pieces and put some trim dressing on it.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This is a normal time to reveal a "refresh". The "refresh" is due this car show season (November-April)..so we're in the prime time for a non-public, hush hush deal.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This is a normal time to reveal a "refresh". The "refresh" is due this car show season (November-April)..so we're in the prime time for a non-public, hush hush deal.
I'm hiping November but I doubt we'll see anything till Detroit/Chicago. Can't see them tanking their '17 sales especially if the car changes visually to a more sleek sports car look.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
If it's anywhere, it'll be Detroit in January. It's possible we'll see the refresh in Detroit, the possible Mach 1 in Chicago and the GT500 in New York..that'd effectively drown out any Camaro stuff.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hiping November but I doubt we'll see anything till Detroit/Chicago. Can't see them tanking their '17 sales especially if the car changes visually to a more sleek sports car look.
I agree that we probably won't see anything until Detroit at the earliest. Having said that, I don't think leaked images would hurt sales for the '17s. As is usually the case, I would imagine there will be some who will love the redesign and others who will loathe (or at least dislike) it. People in the latter camp who have been thinking of buying a Mustang will probably pull the trigger on a '17 before the current body style goes away.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree that we probably won't see anything until Detroit at the earliest. Having said that, I don't think leaked images would hurt sales for the '17s. As is usually the case, I would imagine there will be some who will love the redesign and others who will loathe (or at least dislike) it. People in the latter camp who have been thinking of buying a Mustang will probably pull the trigger on a '17 before the current body style goes away.
Honestly they could show the car in full now and it wouldn't affect sales...I'd say when the sales people don't even know much about the car that they are supposed to sell, then the majority of the buyers wouldn't even know about it for sure.

It's amazing just how uninformed car salesmen are for the vehicles they are supposed to sell.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6

Ranger has my interest peaked

Very curious to see what the facelift for the S550 brings.
Sponsored