2018 Mustang refresh?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It wouldn't surprise me if the Shaker continues on in the base models while the premiums get the B&O System.

I think Ford sees what is going on with the Camaro and should be properly wary of sending the entire model upmarket.
I agree. I'm not even sure all Premiums would get it. I figured it would be included in the 401A package like the current highest level Shaker system.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
It would be strange to not have a Shaker option! It has been around for 20+ years, right?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I believe the Shaker became the radio for the Mustang in 2005, with the Shaker 250. Shaker 500 and Shaker 1000 were the options.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree. I'm not even sure all Premiums would get it. I figured it would be included in the 401A package like the current highest level Shaker system.
Yah 401A would get the top B&O....but wouldn't be surprised to see the 400A have it also but with less speakers/sub. Base keeps an updated Shaker.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It wouldn't surprise me if the Shaker continues on in the base models while the premiums get the B&O System.

I think Ford sees what is going on with the Camaro and should be properly wary of sending the entire model upmarket.
That's fine, as long as any increase in price for car audio is optional. I am no car audiophile. If I do get another GT it'll most likely be a base model and I have no interest in spending more on a mandatory sound system "upgrade" when any multi-speaker system you put in a 90 cubic foot box would sound good.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Makes waiting for a 2018 worthwhile. My Mustang purchased was sidelined for a few years because of buying a house, but its sounding like the refresh is going to be decent. I don't enjoy doing aftermarket audio solutions.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
That's fine, as long as any increase in price for car audio is optional. I am no car audiophile. If I do get another GT it'll most likely be a base model and I have no interest in spending more on a mandatory sound system "upgrade" when any multi-speaker system you put in a 90 cubic foot box would sound good.
I think for sure it's an 'optional' feature...just like on the currents models with 3 different audio systems. You can get a base, you can get a premium or an upgraded premium. Up to the buyer for the most part to get what they want.

The only thing I don't like on the Mustang options is that you cannot get leather without the full premium upgrade. The other is that you cannot get a great safety feature like the CTA/BS without getting the 401A. Any safety feature shouldn't be put in a package with a stereo upgrade.

Reverse Sensing/CTA/BS should be a completely and separate package.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I sure hope they don't lump in the upgraded stereo into a package that has 1 out of 3/4 things in it I need.

Hence why I didn't get 401A with my Recaro's since I wouldn't have memory seats, I already gave up heated/cooled seats and wasn't going to pay $1,795 for an upgraded stereo that sounds like it's not that good from reviews.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I sure hope they don't lump in the upgraded stereo into a package that has 1 out of 3/4 things in it I need.

Hence why I didn't get 401A with my Recaro's since I wouldn't have memory seats, I already gave up heated/cooled seats and wasn't going to pay $1,795 for an upgraded stereo that sounds like it's not that good from reviews.
Looks like we bought the same car :cheers:

That said, I would love a B&O sound system in my mustang. Sounds like I will be returning my 2016 in to stock in 2018 and only buying upgrades that I can transfer to the refresh.:headbang:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Looks like we bought the same car :cheers:

That said, I would love a B&O sound system in my mustang. Sounds like I will be returning my 2016 in to stock in 2018 and only buying upgrades that I can transfer to the refresh.:headbang:
:cheers: - love my Redline Recaro's

Same here, what is going to send me back to the ordering banks and what they call "COTUS Hell" is a glass roof. I don't care about the weight of that or an added stereo on a Premium model.

Sponsored

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post

My source told me...in very vague terms, it's like a cross between a miata and a charger, less of a muscle car look and more of a pure sports car look.
:crazy::D
0.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The only thing I don't like on the Mustang options is that you cannot get leather without the full premium upgrade.
This.

I would have been happy with a base GT with PP and red leather. But nooooooo.

Ford needs to steal a page or two from the Jeep Wrangler playbook and offer most options ala carte.....I HATE packages.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This.

I would have been happy with a base GT with PP and red leather. But nooooooo.

Ford needs to steal a page or two from the Jeep Wrangler playbook and offer most options ala carte.....I HATE packages.
The OEM leather seat skins are all over eBay and there's the katzkin seat covers that seem pretty high quality and popular too. When I was browsing used Mustangs earlier this year I saw a few of these base models with leather so I think it's fairly simple to swap. I know some dealers will even install leather on cars with cloth seats for a reasonable price.
Sponsored