Sponsored

ZL1 will beat everything....wait....

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I dont know how any is getting a gt pp OTD for 30. I only managed to get a premium paint color (500 bucks) and recaro racing seats (1599)for 32,300 invoice OTD which was on a 17 m6 gt.
I'm not talking taxes and stuff. That's all not part of the car.
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I went looking at cars again today. Sat in a 1LE SS 6th gen 2 weeks ago because I was seriously interested but didn't fit. Sat in them again today just incase something changed. NOPE, still tiny inside. Even if I fit, the visibility is even worse than the 5th Gens. Terrible.

I did drive a GT350. Game over, that's my next car. Now to start selling body parts...

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I went looking at cars again today. Sat in a 1LE SS 6th gen 2 weeks ago because I was seriously interested but didn't fit. Sat in them again today just incase something changed. NOPE, still tiny inside. Even if I fit, the visibility is even worse than the 5th Gens. Terrible.

I did drive a GT350. Game over, that's my next car. Now to start selling body parts...
Dude you are just too damn tall man. LOL

You're not going to fit in most cars with a helmet. How did the GT350 differ from a GT? Both are high revving, badass engines

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Getting a GT PP for $30k before taxes and everything else? To be honest, I wasn't one of them, wish I could've been. And yes, Zanewayne is correct that the Silverado and Sierra have outsold the F-150 on some occasions in the past. And yes, looks are subjective. The 2015 sales show the F-150 sold approximately 70,000 more trucks, while this year so far, the F-150 has sold 200,000 more trucks. YTD end of November 2016, the F-150 is outselling the Sierra and the Silverado combined by a large margin. (PickupTrucks.com) Personally, I like the looks of both the F-150 and the GMC Sierra, I'd take either one.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'm not talking taxes and stuff. That's all not part of the car.
To me and many others its part of the cost. That tax is there because all those fees are part of what comes with someone wanting a new car. New vs used some different fees or none at all if you dont buy from a dealer. Its completely separate from the tax you pay when you register your car. It most definitely is part of the car buying experience and cost.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As soon as the mustang came out, Ford was selling them at big discounts. Is Ford selling more? Duh! It's a better priced car. Plan and simple.
It's true that the Mustang is better for the money than the Camaro. You get a better car and you pay less money. I don't agree that Ford was selling Mustangs at big discounts as soon as they came out. I bought a 2015 Mustang GT a little over two years ago. I paid MSRP. At the time I remember people were paying over sticker for them. Where do you come up with this stuff? At this point you are just making this stuff up.

The Silverado and Sierra have outsold the f-150 numerous times. And the looks are completely subjective. But it's hard to be subjective when the fanboyism gets in the way lol.
I think you meant that it's hard to be OBJECTIVE. And you seem to be a bit of an expert on being subjective.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Maybe ZW was referring to Xplan? Dealers offering big discounts isn't the same as Ford corporate sponsorship of discounts

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dude you are just too damn tall man. LOL

You're not going to fit in most cars with a helmet. How did the GT350 differ from a GT? Both are high revving, badass engines
TELL ME ABOUT IT! Thats why I'm thankful the s550 came along, and now with the GT350s, I have something to "work" towards.

It's hard to explain the difference. The GT feels 75% the same as the GT350 when you're driving normal. The features/cabin/experience are all basically the same. The differences you feel are subtle but they add up to one hell of a transformation. The transmission, it's much better than the MT82, probably the biggest difference during normal driving. The steering wheel being suede was nice too, felt great in the hand. Turn in is better, as they dial in more camber stock, and have 1.5" more wheel and 40mm wider tires up front (10.5" and 295). The ride is better, smoother. I didn't play with any of the settings, I was too busy trying to soak it all in. All of those things really take a largely great car in the GT and polish them up into something that feels like a much nicer car (and more $ because IT IS).

Now to the engine. It's not even in the same league as the Coyote. I didn't notice much of a tq deficit in my 20 min test drive, but I'm sure it would show up in daily driving situations at lower rpms. The first few times I stepped on the gas for a pull, I looked down when I expected it to be close to redline, 6500rpms. :eye bulge: So the next time, I took it up all the way, and its really hard to explain the sensation. It felt like it shouldn't still be pulling, the rpms just climb, the noise keeps getting higher and better, and you're smiling ear to ear. Change gear, and do it again.

It's the complete package, feels much lighter than its weight really is, feels polished in a way my GT isn't and that engine, wow.

It's the next car for me, without question. I'll be keeping an eye out for one in the 45k range in a couple years, a track pack 16 or a 17 base.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Maybe ZW was referring to Xplan? Dealers offering big discounts isn't the same as Ford corporate sponsorship of discounts
It's true that the Mustang is better for the money than the Camaro. You get a better car and you pay less money. I don't agree that Ford was selling Mustangs at big discounts as soon as they came out. I bought a 2015 Mustang GT a little over two years ago. I paid MSRP. At the time I remember people were paying over sticker for them. Where do you come up with this stuff? At this point you are just making this stuff up.

I think you meant that it's hard to be OBJECTIVE. And you seem to be a bit of an expert on being subjective.
I'm not making up anything. Many people got theirs for thousands less than sticker. I don't care how you word it, the mustang has been available for less than sticker from the get go. But that doesn't mean one car is better than the other. What makes a car better is subjective most of the time. To me, the camaro is a better car. I think the mustang is a fine, just not for me.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I'm not making up anything. Many people got theirs for thousands less than sticker. I don't care how you word it, the mustang has been available for less than sticker from the get go. But that doesn't mean one car is better than the other. What makes a car better is subjective most of the time. To me, the camaro is a better car. I think the mustang is a fine, just not for me.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
TELL ME ABOUT IT! Thats why I'm thankful the s550 came along, and now with the GT350s, I have something to "work" towards.

It's hard to explain the difference. The GT feels 75% the same as the GT350 when you're driving normal. The features/cabin/experience are all basically the same. The differences you feel are subtle but they add up to one hell of a transformation. The transmission, it's much better than the MT82, probably the biggest difference during normal driving. The steering wheel being suede was nice too, felt great in the hand. Turn in is better, as they dial in more camber stock, and have 1.5" more wheel and 40mm wider tires up front (10.5" and 295). The ride is better, smoother. I didn't play with any of the settings, I was too busy trying to soak it all in. All of those things really take a largely great car in the GT and polish them up into something that feels like a much nicer car (and more $ because IT IS).

Now to the engine. It's not even in the same league as the Coyote. I didn't notice much of a tq deficit in my 20 min test drive, but I'm sure it would show up in daily driving situations at lower rpms. The first few times I stepped on the gas for a pull, I looked down when I expected it to be close to redline, 6500rpms. :eye bulge: So the next time, I took it up all the way, and its really hard to explain the sensation. It felt like it shouldn't still be pulling, the rpms just climb, the noise keeps getting higher and better, and you're smiling ear to ear. Change gear, and do it again.

It's the complete package, feels much lighter than its weight really is, feels polished in a way my GT isn't and that engine, wow.

It's the next car for me, without question. I'll be keeping an eye out for one in the 45k range in a couple years, a track pack 16 or a 17 base.
Great review!! In terms of ergonomics and feel, it should def feel different. I love the GT and the difference in HP can be made with modding the 5.0. I sat in GT350 at the dealer and it just feels different for some reason. Even if you're still in a Mustang.

The only sad thing is that the public can't tell and they just think it's a Mustang :/ It's def a special car and I can see why most people would make the trade. The torque, low end grunt doesn't seem that much different what what others have said.

Regarding deals, every GTPP was at least 3k off but no more than that. I have negotiated to 1-2k under invoice in other states tho. The deals are there, just depends on the time of the season.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Hey, sorry, I am not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to show with these links. My impression was that they were talking about discounts from when the '15 was first released, and those links are to very recent pricing. Are you saying there were similar discounts when the S550 first came out?

Thanks,
Some are saying that GM is discounting there prices to just sell the Camaro and was just showing many are getting huge discounts on the Mustang also. You don't see new cars getting big discounts once there released, but it doesn't take long before you start seeing them. But it also depends on the dealer.:cheers: