Sponsored

Zeck Ford Itasca, TX

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The film of oil on, for example, a camshaft lobe does indeed get thinner as time goes by. After 6 days it is still sufficient to protect the surface upon startup but after 4-6 months that protection is far less. If it were just one startup after that length of time you will likely be OK but done multiple times over a few years the wear and risks increase.
We'll agree to disagree. I've taken apart a ton of engines that have been sitting for YEARS. IF they hadn't water intrude, all had oil on the rotating parts. Heck, this past Winter I helped a buddy yank the 5.3 LS engine out of his old Suburban (he's using it for a swap). That thing hadn't been started in more than a year. The wiring harness was pulled way back when (in prep for the swap) he simply didn't have room inside his shop for the engine / engine stand at the time. We didn't turn it over, just yanked it. When we broke it down, the camshaft still had an oily film on it, there was film in the cylinders as well, and bearing are made to hold a film of oil anyway.

If this were a Corolla I would agree, but if you are going to take it on the track? As for the flat spots etc. check with Michelin about tire storage.
I stand corrected on the factory GT350 tires. But I doubt anyone would recommend taking a car on the track with tires that old......

You are correct that the rust is the issue I was referring to. A few days isn't a big deal but if the car is outside for months without moving, the rotors rust where exposed and not where the pads cover them. The rust pits the iron. When you use the brakes the rust wars off fast (unless it was a really long time) but the metal is pitted and weaker where the rust was. When you drive the car, after 2-5k you will end up with the rotors having worn thinner where the rust was resulting in uneven braking. Not a huge deal with a Corolla - you just get them resurfaced. Many of you may have experienced this after buying a car.
Again, we'll agree to disagree. I highly doubt that GT350 sat outside, without moving for months......

I never experienced this issue with my last few project cars. Two of them were "Street legal" but trapped well beyond 100mph in the 1/4 mile. Never saw any issues or had any problems with braking on the big end after they sat - sometimes outside - for months.

Again, that's just my experience.

I'm sorry to have written such big essays about this but I am concerned that someone may spend tens of thousands based on our advice.

As we all seem to agree, this all depends on the price - but I seriously doubt that it will be cheap enough to make it a better bet than a used one for the same cost unless you are planning on storing it.

My dealer clients would ask close to list and if necessary sit on it until there are no more newer new ones out there rather than take a 20k hit given the specific vehicle.
Of course if the price is even close to what they MSRP is, it would be no go. Some dealers are like this - not just cars - I've seen it with motorcycles when I rode. But being this dealer was bought out by what seems to be a larger automotive group that does some volume, I have a feeling they want it gone.

But someone else made a really good point. The new car warranty starts the day the car goes into service - so if someone bought it today, they'd have the same warranty as a new GT350.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Worse, some may be too young to comprehend your post. 🙄 :facepalm:
LOL - so true... in today's age, a "barn find" is looking at images online of a vehicle parked on a lot or covered in someone's garage WHILE sitting in a barn....

😆

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It is new. Never titled. 28 miles on the clock. Tom said they will go close to $10k off MSRP to move it
Someone go buy this quickly, before I get tempted to do so :cwl:
$10 K off sticker is what they will sell it for. 254-221-6471 GM is Tom. He and I had coffee today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And they will ship out of state.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
It is new. Never titled. 28 miles on the clock. Tom said they will go close to $10k off MSRP to move it

$10 K off sticker is what they will sell it for. 254-221-6471 GM is Tom. He and I had coffee today.
Thanks for the intel. Someone needs to pick this up.

10k would be 17% off MSRP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I get nothing from this other than free coffee. :wink: In fact, so does everyone else that stops by. :crackup:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Although someone may find this a great deal, I originally cancelled my ordered 2016 Tech pack when info on lack of oil/trans coolers became apparent and waited for a 2017. While many have not had any trouble, I would pass on this even at $10k off MSRP if I'm reading the window sticker correctly. Once you drive it off the lot, I'd guess it's a $40-42k car max.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Although someone may find this a great deal, I originally cancelled my ordered 2016 Tech pack when info on lack of oil/trans coolers became apparent and waited for a 2017. While many have not had any trouble, I would pass on this even at $10k off MSRP if I'm reading the window sticker correctly. Once you drive it off the lot, I'd guess it's a $40-42k car max.
If this was a track pack (even a base one), I would very likely be on my way to look at this car. Problem is you have to spend almost $8-10K to replace the tranny and add all of the coolers. If you don't need or car about those, I think $48K is a great deal. PP2's were going for that and they didn't have any coolers either. Though like someone else pointed out, make sure the inservice date was never activated.

Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Agreed on it not being as capable as newer models. However, I don't agree that it is a 40-42k car after it leaves the lot. Just look at what the market is getting for used 350's. I also realize the used car market right now is just crazy, but if you could get them down a little lower it would be a great deal for someone.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
At $48,840 I suggest that this is an outstanding deal for a brand new 2016 Shelby GT350 that still seems to be in the wrapper and comes with a full 3 year/36,000 mile Bumper-To-Bumper and 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain warranty.

I agree that if someone is looking for a track vehicle this is not the vehicle for you but for every day enjoyment along with some much spirited driving this GT350 will provide a high level of driver engagement and excitement for any enthusiast at a terrific price.

I can assure you that I drive my cars very agressively and not once has my 2015 ever gone into limp mode therefore suggest that much of this is exaggerated.

As far as driving it off of the lot and then only being worth $40K to $42K in todays market place, based on the demand for these FPC engine GT350's that is very difficult for me to comprehend.

Where else could anyone get this kind of performance with a full factory backed warrranty for $48,840??

:clap: :clap:

3049503F-84DD-4620-B4A0-85A4B42E76D4.jpeg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was wondering where someone is located that they can buy ANY used GT350 (that isn't salvage) for $40-42K.

In fact the other day - looking for a buddy - I did a search on cars.com for used GT350 cars, a national search. The cheapest one listed was a 2016 that had 15K miles I think and it was $45K.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Looks like a great deal to be had on this car, probably could get it cheaper with more negotiations. If I had the extra bread, wouldn't think twice about scooping it up.
Sponsored

Last edited: