Sponsored

YouTube music in car?

RangemasterP226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a music list of music videos that I’d like to listen to on my YouTube account. Even plugged in and using Apple CarPlay, I can’t get YouTube to play. Is it because that it includes videos? of course I don’t want to watch the videos but I would like to listen to my YouTube playlist. Google isn’t helpful, thought I would ask you guys for any suggestions???
BTW, 2017 Premium convertible with Sync3 and iPhone 12.
Sponsored

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Make sure your digital cluster screen isn’t on mute. I have the same thing and it plays Youtube just fine

OP
OP
RangemasterP226

RangemasterP226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At the risk of sounding like a dummy, I don’t think I have the digital cluster screen?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know about CarPlay, as I don't use it, but I've been listening to YouTube playlists just fine via bluetooth. While the phone is connected and the Sync audio source is set to BT audio, it will play whatever the phone is playing, including YouTube.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It may be a CarPlay limitation. Try connecting via bluetooth and not CarPlay and it should play all audio sources from your phone.

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Try using the website on your web browser like Chrome or Opera.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Don’t use CarPlay if you don’t have a YouTube premium account for YouTube Music. Plug your phone in (again, turn off CarPlay), and select your phone as the USB audio source (under sources) and then start your playlist on your phone.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Don’t use CarPlay if you don’t have a YouTube premium account for YouTube Music. Plug your phone in (again, turn off CarPlay), and select your phone as the USB audio source (under sources) and then start your playlist on your phone.
Pirates don't pay.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don't know about CarPlay, as I don't use it, but I've been listening to YouTube playlists just fine via bluetooth. While the phone is connected and the Sync audio source is set to BT audio, it will play whatever the phone is playing, including YouTube.
^^^^
Exactly what I have been doing as well. I listen to Spotify playlists and I've been streaming it from phone to SYNC using only the BT feature - never an issue.

I don't use that Apple CP crap - all I've heard is how much of a PIA it's been for users trying to get it to work with this or that App...

Just BT stream anything to SYNC, done.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I can't speak for IOS, but I use Youtube Music frequently via Android Auto. In the app itself, there is an option that will allow for you just to listen to the music, rather than play the video. As others have already stated, the audio should play via Bluetooth, if you're not physically connecting the phone with a cable.

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Working flawlessly on Android Auto, so I'd say that it is a limitation of (Cr)Apple Carplay.

OP
OP
RangemasterP226

RangemasterP226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This worked for me, thanks!