your thoughts on parking outdoors

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am about to move into a new apartment next month.... sadly I will have to leave my stang outside :( no garage at this place. I want to keep it covered somehow , especially in the winter months. I wanted some input from you guys as to what you think would be the best option for me? fold up tent/garage type deal? car cover? if so which ones would you recommend? also I have a MMD V series spoiler on the back so im not sure if this would mess with the fitment of a cover. thanks!!
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Mine is always outside even in the winter. 16 months later still looks like new.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I park my car outside. Cant help it. Its the nature of apartment life. As much as i love the car, in the end, its still just a car. I won't overextend myself and find something with a covered garage or anything like that just to keep my car safe. I adapt, like anyone else would. Don't overextend yourself just to keep your car safe or meticulously clean. I parked my old Taurus outside and it still looked pretty new three years later. Its all in how you take care of it.

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
If I couldn't afford a place with a garage, I wouldn't want to have a car that I loved. It's like having a supermodel girlfriend and leaving her drunk, passed out around a group of strangers...and you aren't there to keep an eye on things.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend in picking up a good car cover. Chances are you won't be using it all the time since it is annoying to put on and take off, but it is great to have.

I also suggest on getting the car coated Cquartz, Modesta, or the like. If not, make sure the paint always has a nice coat of wax/sealant on it.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Aarron_M;1196537[B said:
]If I couldn't afford a place with a garage, I wouldn't want to have a car that I loved. .
this.

not to mention renting is like rape and no write offs.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Well, don't move in then....find an apartment with a garage.

If you could afford that car, then you should be able to afford the extra money for a garage. It would seriously be worth it....no way I would park a GT outside!

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
I park my bmw e30 inside and leave the GT outside. The mustang is can be easily replaced.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Make sure you know where the shady side of the parking lot is, and park it there ;)

Afternoon shade trumps morning shade by a mile.

Rule #2: make sure the shade isn't provided by trees that drop sap and crap on the car :doh:

powerhogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Find a different apartment. Waking up to find a door ding or a big shit from birds is no good. I'd rather be able to sleep soundly at night

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
You guys are funny. :lol: I live in the country and have parked cars outside my entire life. Bird doodoo and hail (which is rare) are all I've ever been concerned with. People need to see these beautiful cars! If I had a garage, I'd probably use it as additional storage or a room to keep my least favorite kids in.
Sponsored