You’re Not Imagining It, Blinding Headlights Are a Real Problem

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Never understood this. Had lifted trucks my whole life. Adjust the …… headlights.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really wish there would be a law that headlights cannot be more than 2 feet off the ground. And I wish police would enforce the laws against using fog lamps constantly.

I would even welcome a law that says you can't have more than 2 headlights. I get so annoyed by people with fifty lights blazing away, blinding everyone.

Generally I dislike regulations, but I agree it's a big issue.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We don’t need more laws, just properly enforce what is already on the books. 2’ off the ground isn’t realistic, sorry.

I really wish there would be a law that headlights cannot be more than 2 feet off the ground. And I wish police would enforce the laws against using fog lamps constantly.

I would even welcome a law that says you can't have more than 2 headlights. I get so annoyed by people with fifty lights blazing away, blinding everyone.

Generally I dislike regulations, but I agree it's a big issue.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We don’t need more laws, just properly enforce what is already on the books. 2’ off the ground isn’t realistic, sorry.
I realize it's not realistic, but it's so annoying when most headlights are at or above eye level if you are in a reasonably sized car.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
heh... i don't see " a reasonably sized car " on your profile 😜
1676512565450.png
90+% of vehicles on my daily drive have headlights placed above your eyeballs if you are in a late 80s Crown Vic cop car.

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
90+% of vehicles on my daily drive have headlights placed above your eyeballs if you are in a late 80s Crown Vic cop car.
100%of the headlights on my night drives are in my eyes because i drive a lowered sport car... it's my fault...small price to pay for big pleasure imo... ymmv

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
100%of the headlights on my night drives are in my eyes because i drive a lowered sport car... it's my fault...small price to pay for big pleasure imo... ymmv
Oh I'm definitely not going to start driving some huge soul-killing barge just to keep headlight beams out of my eyes. But I still firmly believe that the rest of society should bend to my will.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
We grumble about this at work, especially during Winter periods.

If it isn't the design (height and adjustment), it's people driving with their high beams on all the time.

Worst of all are the people driving with the Mega-Lumen LED light bars, also on all the time.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
70% tint on the windshield for me.

Not really noticeable and takes the bite out of those headlights.
Not an option in over-regulated states like MN. Anything on the windshield or much over OEM tint on the rest gets you a ticket here.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not an option in over-regulated states like MN. Anything on the windshield or much over OEM tint on the rest gets you a ticket here.
You barely see 70 and can’t see 50.

Also same here. Guess I am a law breaker.
Sponsored