TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 Scorpion
Hi all!

I am currently in a dealership and would really love some support. I have a dealer building me a car. There have been a bunch of misinformation beingprovided. They are saying they are unable to figure out xplan pricing and put that on the buyers order. They are saying they do not receive a Dora sheet until months after order creation, once a vin is assigned.Everything Iā€™ve read here mentions a Dora is generated within 2-3 days.

is this true? They are quoting $200 over invoice, and it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s even the right MSRP.
Please help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Hi all!

I am currently in a dealership and would really love some support. I have a dealer building me a car. There have been a bunch of misinformation beingprovided. They are saying they are unable to figure out xplan pricing and put that on the buyers order. They are saying they do not receive a Dora sheet until months after order creation, once a vin is assigned.Everything Iā€™ve read here mentions a Dora is generated within 2-3 days.

is this true? They are quoting $200 over invoice, and it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s even the right MSRP.
Please help!
I want to add, they are stating the build sheet/builder printout price is ā€œjust an estimateā€.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
They are saying they do not receive a Dora sheet until months after order creation, once a vin is assigned.Everything Iā€™ve read here mentions a Dora is generated within 2-3 days.
Receiving a DORA months after an order is incorrect.

At the time I placed my order, I was given documents, with pricing that both the dealer and myself had agreed to. Within an hour afterwards, Ford sent me an e-mail, confirming my order was in. At that moment, Ford, the dealer and myself had all agreed on pricing.

Over the coming months, Ford had some price increases. Price Protection was guaranteed. I paid the original price we agreed upon when picking up and the dealer was made whole for the difference by Ford.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I want to add, they are stating the build sheet/builder printout price is ā€œjust an estimateā€.
There's some truth to that. At the time of the order, pricing is established between Ford, the dealer and you. This MY alone, there have been several Ford-directed price increases.

Ford offers Price Protection.

If you are the person who submitted the order and later take receipt of the car, any price increases which occurred from the time of order to the time of purchase are effectively voided.

Confirm with the dealer they support Price Protection.

Further, see if the dealer supports signing a Purchase Order with you, locking in all pricing and closing costs now; it's additional protection, guaranteeing there will not be any surprises later.

Last edited:

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Sounds like you should take your business elsewhere imo. I had to shop around several dealers to find one that took x-plan. Even then every single one of them knew what it was, they just didnā€™t want to lose out on profit due to the market conditions at the time.

Iā€™m also really struggling to see a DORA not provided in a few days at most. Unless the dealer knows they donā€™t have allocation and are hoping to sit in your order for a while. Who knows. Either way if I was you I would have already gotten enough red flags to get out of there.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
the deal i worked out was 2K off build price (using the ford's site) so that dealership is doing the same ole same ole shady mofo tactics. walk out the door or get a GM.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They are saying they are unable to figure out xplan pricing and put that on the buyers order.
Stand up and walk out. Youā€™re being played. Any dealer who cannot figure out Fordā€™s pricing plans would not get one cent of my money.

Walk away now. It will only get worse.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Run, donā€™t walk away from that dealer. X Plan pricing is below invoice, not $200 above. Dealers do not have to accept X plan orders, especially during the current shortage but if they do it is very specific on the pricing. There is a box on the invoice that will say the plan pricing and from what I remember they cannot charge any doc fees or minimal fees. Use somebody like Chapman Ford up in PA and get your Dora immediately at a great comparable to X plan pricing.

This link will explain it much better than I can https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#pricing

Last edited:

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Hi all!

Please help!
When I placed my order last December, there were two documents I was given on that visit by my dealer.
  1. The DORA sheet.
  2. The Purchase Agreement.
No waiting for these, as I signed them right there at the dealership on that first visit, and took them home in hand that very day. If you are being told otherwise, that to me seems suspect.

If you are not sure what #1 and #2 (as I mention above) are about, I have a link just below to a previous post I made on this showing examples of each. I hope this helps.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...firmation-email-from-ford.173942/post-3522677

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
WALK AWAY! They either don't know what they are doing or are trying to screw you over.

They don't use DORA anymore, they use Web Based Dealer Ordering system and they should be able to give you a screen shot print out of it while you are there.

In "normal" times you can often beat X-Plan prices, probably not at most dealers now. The thing the dealer don't like is that it limits the fees they can charge you, that is why lots of dealers won't take it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone. So..I did the deal. I was seriously close to walking away, until the GM of the dealership came over.

A bit more context, I previously communicated with a online buyer/trade person, who quoted me a solid price on the selling of my vehicle. I went in one night when the person I was working with wasnā€™t there, and they offered me $5k less due to ā€œmarket fluctuationsā€. I emailed the lady I was working with, and the next morning as soon as they opened she called to apologize, and chatted with the GM, who offered $1k more than the original number we were at ($500, but then I got them up to $1000 more). I was appreciative and weary, but that part of the transaction went super smooth today.

On to the fun part. Upon being shown the buyers sheet and order preview (I guess I did get a DORA, but just a preview), I immediately noticed that the order previous was missing a/z, D, and x plan pricing, but did show MSRP and invoice. Additionally the number on the buyers sheet was different than what I had. They also at first pretended like they didnā€™t know about price protection. I challenged it, and First they said they donā€™t know what the xplan will be until an invoice/vin is assigned. Then they said they use a comparable car invoice to come up with the number. THEN I get them to admit that ā€œxplan is usually around $200 over invoice, so thatā€™s what we use for the order/buyer agreement sheet. They said the net Xplan price on the completed build on the cord site is just an estimate, and could be wrong. I then got frustrated, because they were just making excuses. In this 30 minute timeframe, I had one of the sales managers, the new car manager, and the salesperson coming over to ā€œtry to explainā€. I told them there isnā€™t this mystery to xplan they are making it sound like. Itā€™s a set formula, and is publicly available information. They said it can change since thereā€™s holdback involved and other parts. I said no there isnā€™t, Iā€™m not an idiot, and I know the xplan formula. The new car manager who is the one submitting the order is getting pretty frustrated, as am I, so I finally just say ā€œhow is is that we now have two managers involved, and a salesperson, and no one has bothered to actually try doing the calculation manually to figure out the price. I said give me a couple minutes alone, because Iā€™m going to do the calculation since no one else will. After Iā€™m sitting there doing my calculation, the GM (who saved the prior bad trade experience) comes over and says ā€œwhatā€™s the problem, what are we stuck on?ā€. So I tell him thatthe other managers are just sitting here making excuses, when weā€™re $200 away from making a deal. I went to show him my math, and he goes ā€œthatā€™s not needed, we have a spreadsheet with the formulas on it for a/z/d/xā€. We walk over, heā€™s plugs the numbers in, and for some reason gets slightly lower than what I got. He said I have no problem updating the buyers sheet to this number and price protecting you at that number. He then yells over to the manager giving me all the problems and says ā€œupdate the numbers and letā€™s get this done.ā€ I then asked that they sign the Buyers order with a note saying the deposit is fully refundable for any reason, and that they wonā€™t add the dealer add on package to the car. They told me now that the deposit is nonrefundable, but we compromised on ā€œfully refundable prior to vin creationā€. They told me this happens right before it moves into production, which I now see is incorrect, and it sounds like I could get a vin in as soon as two weeks.

What are everyoneā€™s thoughts? Did I get screwed? Do you think Iā€™ll get screwed in the price? Technically I donā€™t have a retail contract for the car, just the price sheet signed by the GM and sales manager. Is it normal for the order preview (DORA?) to show invoice price but not a/z, d, or x plan pricing?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I suppose I could cancel the order within The next few weeks to get my deposit back, but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth the hassle. Even though the experience wasnā€™t great, the buyer for the dealer made true to their word, and the GM stepped up to fix both issues. I do want to mention that they wouldnā€™t let me apply my trade to the deal, since Iā€™m not taking delivery of a new car then and there. They claimed that was illegal, which I havenā€™t seen anywhere that it is. This is in Florida. But moral of the story here, is that I had no real incentive to buy the car from them, the trade/selling deal was completely separate.

44F7AED8-4834-4C7F-AAE7-26ACD424DFB9.jpeg

39433377-51E0-43C5-A335-2598F9D52E02.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
P.T. Barnum would have loved you. I do wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it. :facepalm:

PS. You have nothing to protect you from getting screwed.

8D2A5767-88F1-41D2-9CD0-89582131F7E3.jpeg

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Last tidbit, I did get them down from a $1000 deductible to a $500, so Iā€™ll call that a small victory/smaller defeat lol. The only other question I have is about price protection. They maintained that once the vin/window sticker is created, it could be a different price due to fords price changes if they happen. They explained the process as i would have to pay the higher price, but the dealer would be reimbursed by ford and write me a check. When I asked, The GM started to say they would just honor the original price we agree to, but then the sales manager came back saying ā€œthatā€™s not how it works, how weā€™ve been doing it recently is they have to pay the new price but I pull a DORA (all of a sudden everyone seems to know this terms now) and we submit it to ford. Then we send the customer a check.

My question isā€¦is this how price protection is supposed to work?
Sponsored