ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Good afternoon everyone,

Just hoping to get some advice on an Xpel installation I had done. I paid to have the entire front of my 2018 Mustang as well as the fenders, door cups, and trunk area wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and then ceramic pro on top. I am not sure if I am just picky (I likely am) or if this isn't a quality install. I tried searching for what I should expect and I came up a bit empty. Hoping for some unbiased opinions or others with experience.

I was most upset about the hood. They advised they couldn't wrap over the hood edges (I paid to have the whole thing wrapped) due to the engine heat. They said it wouldn't let the film adhere to the underside. So now I have what I consider to be a horrible line across the entire thing.

Side note, today they removed a piece of the Xpel because we all agreed one section was poorly done and in process they ripped paint off the bottom part of my bumper. Brand new 2018, so that really has me mad. The good news is it is going to a body shop Monday to be repainted. Then again it's a brand new car....barely four weeks old.

Photos included below.

Feel free to chime in and let me know that it is a good install and I am crazy, or if I should be asking to have it corrected.
IMG_1382.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg
IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1387.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg
Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Yeah, that looks like crap. Can you remove it like vinyl, with a hair dryer on high?

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that looks like crap. Can you remove it like vinyl, with a hair dryer on high?
I could but I paid a lot of money for it. Asking for a re-do. May get Xpel corporate involved. I think it just comes down to the experience of the installer.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
It almost looks like they pieced together the parts, rather than a nice pre-cut piece sized to fit.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
It almost looks like they pieced together the parts, rather than a nice pre-cut piece sized to fit.
My understanding of it is that Xpel has templates that print and then they are applied. Granted the Mustang has a lot of sharp angles. Not an installer so hard to say.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve heard nothing but good things about xpel but honestly haven’t heard about putting a ceramic coat on top of it as it is supposed to be self healing if it gets damaged. I was told it heals itself after sitting a few days in hot temperatures.
I have a buddy who has his Porsche done in a full wrap and it looks absolutely incredible. I don’t know if there is a curing process but yours doesn’t look anything like his. You can hardly tell that his is wrapped.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Does not look good... at all... I'd be upset and posting on a car forum. I might even do a poll so other could tell me it looks like crap too... dunno though... someone would post something stupid, like this comment.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
that job looks like crap...flat out! My job was so good you couldn't even tell i had it on. in other words...i couldn't see the tape edges anywhere!

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sounds to me like I need to have it re-done after the bumper is repainted.

I’ll talk to Xpel and see what they want to do. My hope is we can get another shop to do the work since this is the second attempt these guys have had.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
About the hood wrap, i had 3m instaled this week and had my hood wrapped under, it can be done. I think you had a bad installer, btw I bought mine online and then had it installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
About the hood wrap, i had 3m instaled this week and had my hood wrapped under, it can be done. I think you had a bad installer, btw I bought mine online and then had it installed.
Thanks for that. The first time they did it they wrapped under but when a few weeks when but I brought it back because the underside was all lifted. They said it was due to the heat of the engine. I’m not sure I buy it.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I can’t see the edges but I have to say that looks fantastic. Also that blue is a real show stopper.
Thanks, you have to look very hard to see any edge. I love how easy it is to wash now.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
You gotta wonder who voted yes on this poll? :facepalm:
Sponsored