XPEL, 3M, Other PPF, NO PPF, CQuartz???

How will you be protecting your GT350?

• XPEL PPF

Votes: 95 46.3%
  • 3M PPF

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other PPF

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • No PPF (Natural paint - protected with traditional wax or polymer)

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • CQuartz or other ceramic type paint sealants (please specify)

Votes: 49 23.9%

• Total voters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
@Hack , @CanadianHorseMan , when you say the rear quarters (in front of the rear wheels), is this what you mean? are these the best lines to follow?

Inked20190813_183644_LI_ed.jpg
That is exactly it. Yes, that's the area with by far the worst paint chipping. At least it was on my 2016.

The middle of the area you outlined was by far the worst. I think from my memory on my car there weren't chips higher than the top of the tires and there weren't chips below the bottom body line. However, it was a LOT of small chips, so I couldn't say exactly where the limits were.
Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Talked to my installer on Tuesday. Wanted to get only the front bumper and headlights done going around the stripes cause they wouldn't match the hood. He called me back and said Xpel now has a film expressly for the stripes so that they would match the unprotected stripes. He said if I don't like the look, he'll remove it.
He did my last Mustang and did a great job.

OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Talked to my installer on Tuesday. Wanted to get only the front bumper and headlights done going around the stripes cause they wouldn't match the hood. He called me back and said Xpel now has a film expressly for the stripes so that they would match the unprotected stripes. He said if I don't like the look, he'll remove it.
He did my last Mustang and did a great job.
You're not doing the rear quarter panels? or fenders? Rear quarters are VERY important...I see more nicks and film damage there than anywhere else...even the front bumper is in better condition than the rear quarters (don't get me wrong...mine still looks very good...I'm pretty careful with gravel roads -- I'm talking maybe 4-5 gouges in my film in the back quarters -- most definitely would have been paint chips)

I assume you were skipping the hood cause your stripes are matte finish? Mine are white and glossy. So i just went right over them and they look awesome...better than without the film imo. Since film tends to mould and adhere once out in the sun...the hood looks like they just dropped glass over the whole hood...like the stripes are painted on then clear-coated (haha...$10,000 option for a GT500...win win)

Anyway, my main point is do the rockers. you will thank me, trust me.

edit: I also think your guy is probably gonna put matte film over the stripes. It should look quite good. You'll like it. If you don't put film on the stripes if a stone hits it, it's sure to tear...and that will look pretty nasty and no touch up paint will hide that..

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
You're not doing the rear quarter panels? or fenders? Rear quarters are VERY important...I see more nicks and film damage there than anywhere else...even the front bumper is in better condition than the rear quarters (don't get me wrong...mine still looks very good...I'm pretty careful with gravel roads -- I'm talking maybe 4-5 gouges in my film in the back quarters -- most definitely would have been paint chips)

I assume you were skipping the hood cause your stripes are matte finish? Mine are white and glossy. So i just went right over them and they look awesome...better than without the film imo. Since film tends to mould and adhere once out in the sun...the hood looks like they just dropped glass over the whole hood...like the stripes are painted on then clear-coated (haha...$10,000 option for a GT500...win win)

Anyway, my main point is do the rockers. you will thank me, trust me.

edit: I also think your guy is probably gonna put matte film over the stripes. It should look quite good. You'll like it. If you don't put film on the stripes if a stone hits it, it's sure to tear...and that will look pretty nasty and no touch up paint will hide that..
Getting the lower section of the rear quarter done just ahead of the wheel and below the seam.
I have rock guards on the front, so I'm not too worried about the rockers. I had the rockers and full rear quarter done on my last Corvette GS, and never had a hit on either side.

OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Getting the lower section of the rear quarter done just ahead of the wheel and below the seam.
I have rock guards on the front, so I'm not too worried about the rockers. I had the rockers and full rear quarter done on my last Corvette GS, and never had a hit on either side.
Okay. Good stuff. Trust me, whether the vette experienced this or not...you will def be happy u did it on the GT350.

I have an R so the tires are slightly wider than yours and my tires are slightly more sticky but I'm sure you'll have the same issue. Unless you have the 2019 GT350, in which case yours has the same series tire as mine right?

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Same tires, but the added rock guards help. Thanks for your input.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
I have a race red and did PPF the entire front plus had them PPF the spoiler and the rear deck plate. . I also had them do just the stripes in stealth
153B546C-5811-4F35-8FE7-3905C560323F.jpeg
Thank you for this picture (sorry for late reply). I'm getting XPEL gloss full front, rockers, lower doors, rear decklid, and the full stripes length of car in XPEL stealth. I was unsure if stripes should be gloss or matte (stock stripes are black gloss, and so is rear spoiler), but this picture of the matte sold me.

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have my 2019 black stripes in expel
Stealth while the rest of the car is gloss I really like the look of the stealth stripes.
F5FDCF37-3628-441C-80B4-07521D8CADB1.jpeg
C9D71D91-11BB-4336-BEC5-9E3BFE89BB62.jpeg

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have my GT350 front PPF with SunTek. I'm glad I did. The paint job on these cars are so terrible that IMO a whole car should be PPF. No ceramic coating or any other polymer base paint protectors will shield paint from rock chipping paint on GT350. I owned many cars in my life but never had so bad paint job on any of my cars.

VUDU19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X, 2012 BMW 335is, 1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible
Has anyone used the Xpel PPF and Xpel Fusion ceramic? I should be getting my car back from the body shop soon, I am having stripes painted on. I am trying to decide between one reputable dealer that uses Xpel Fusion, and one that uses CeramicPro. The warranty on the Xpel Fusion is 4 years, and the CeramicPro can be had with a lifetime warranty. I have to wait ~90 days for the new paint to cure, so figured i would weigh out my options. Any thoughts/ recommendations are appreciated.

Sponsored

GrimLemur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT350, 2016 Black C7 Corvette Z51 (sold)
Has anyone used the Xpel PPF and Xpel Fusion ceramic? I should be getting my car back from the body shop soon, I am having stripes painted on. I am trying to decide between one reputable dealer that uses Xpel Fusion, and one that uses CeramicPro. The warranty on the Xpel Fusion is 4 years, and the CeramicPro can be had with a lifetime warranty. I have to wait ~90 days for the new paint to cure, so figured i would weigh out my options. Any thoughts/ recommendations are appreciated.
Just got my car done with Xpel PPF on front, rockers (up high), a-pillars, roof and Fusion on everything including wheels. I think its a great complete package because the brand is well known and has a lot of aftercare products and ease of cleaning.
They also did a lot of paint correction. Factory/dealer scratches were wet sanded.

VUDU19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X, 2012 BMW 335is, 1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible
Just got my car done with Xpel PPF on front, rockers (up high), a-pillars, roof and Fusion on everything including wheels. I think its a great complete package because the brand is well known and has a lot of aftercare products and ease of cleaning.
They also did a lot of paint correction. Factory/dealer scratches were wet sanded.
Sounds good. One of the installers is offering free Xpel fusion with full wrap of the car, so I think I might do that. In order to keep the ceramic looking good would a SiO2 spray keep it in good shape? I am just concerned about the 4 yr warranty on the Xpel Fusion when the PPF has a 10 yr warranty. I want to make sure the ceramic will look good after 4 yrs if the PPF is supposed to be good for 10.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Xpel looks just as bad if not worse than bare paint when it takes a hit. I have 650 miles and just took a hit to the front bumper.
It protected the paint, but will eventually have to get a section replaced, where Dr Colorchip might've worked fine. Can't win either way.
Sponsored