Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If they did then you'd just end up with a PC anyways. Or, even worse, the parts would be proprietary and you'd spend a small fortune on parts that are only made by Sony/Microsoft.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is fanboy supposed to be derogatory? I never understood that description. If I call it PS4 instead of Playstation 4, what's wrong with XBone? Either way, yes I think PS4 is much better than Xbox1, as does just about every console reviewer. The PS4 Pro is not a replacement for the PS4, it's at best a soft upgrade. The "Scorpio" or XB1X is a complete hardware upgrade...so I wholeheartedly disagree that it's their answer to the PS4Pro.

Facts: PS4 has sold nearly 60 million consoles. Xbone, 26 million. It's plainly obvious which is the more popular console and which company knows the gaming world better. This is evident by the pricing MS put on the XB1X...$499 is a stupid price and Sony could murder nearly all future sales of it by cutting the PS4Pro by $50-100 dollars.

Oh and since I like to say I told you so when someone wants to get bent out of shape...here's some unbiased reporting on this subject http://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-4-ps4-xbox-one-sales-2017-6
Take fanboy how you want to. Yes Xbone is derogatory and only PS4 famboys insist on using it. PS4 donent have a negative implication. Are you care going to claim you dont see the negative in Xbone?

No the Xbox One X is not a new generation. There are not Xbox One games and Xbox One X games. All games will be labeled Xbox One. Just like the PS4 Pro the games will have a software enhancement that will maximize the hardware.

Microsoft has stated that they want to get away from generations. Rightnow nobody knows what that means. Ive heard everything from yearly upgrades loke Apple phones to streamimg services with minimal hardware like a set top box. All the computing os done on microsofts side so no need for a true console.

Who really knows, but i seems that both Sony amd Microsoft want to sell services more than consoles.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Take fanboy how you want to. Yes Xbone is derogatory and only PS4 famboys insist on using it. PS4 donent have a negative implication. Are you care going to claim you dont see the negative in Xbone?

No the Xbox One X is not a new generation. There are not Xbox One games and Xbox One X games. All games will be labeled Xbox One. Just like the PS4 Pro the games will have a software enhancement that will maximize the hardware.

Microsoft has stated that they want to get away from generations. Rightnow nobody knows what that means. Ive heard everything from yearly upgrades loke Apple phones to streamimg services with minimal hardware like a set top box. All the computing os done on microsofts side so no need for a true console.

Who really knows, but i seems that both Sony amd Microsoft want to sell services more than consoles.
Yeah MS keeps pushing what THEY want not consumers. To be fair lots of big companies fall into this trap.

Making games for the xbox one (1.3 TFLOPS) that also work on the XBOX X (6 TFLOPS) will be a huge task. You will just get xbox one games tweaked from most studios. Its consumer friendly though.

Companies love services its highly profitable but it makes it much harder to differentiate one company from the next.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Absolutely, I fail to see any derogatory implication of "Xbone". You can keep calling me a fanboy, famboy, fanboi...or whatever makes you feel better. Microsoft is clueless when it comes to marketing towards gamers, and just like their failure when they launched the first X Box One (there, you happy?) they will fail to sell many of the new units due to their ridiculous pricing.

Sounds to me like you're the only one insulted about the Xbone comment. And you're calling me a fanboy? LOL....GTFOH dude.

OP
OP
Eisman

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
The PS4 and subsequent PS4 PRO where the most powerful ever at the time. Out of curiosity why didn't you get one of those?
Sorry for the late reply.

Honestly, it's because of the game library. I've always preferred Forza to Gran Tourismo, and I'm a big Halo Nerd... So, it's Xbox for me. I don't have anything against the Sony Consoles at all, I just can't play Halo on them... :doh:

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
damn.... I literally just upgraded to Xbox One last month. I had to upgrade the gaming wheel as well so it was kind of a chunk of change. This sim racing stuff is starting to get close to my 1992 Miata weekend racer.

That's a lie, these sims are nowhere near as expensive as racing a Miata on a track.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
They are getting away from generations because technology only advances so fast. I think processors, graphics cards, etc are slowing down as far as performance per year goes. It'll get to the point where it wouldn't make sense to upgrade everything again. For the small performance gains to be had, it isn't worth the ridiculous asking price. Just my 02.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
damn.... I literally just upgraded to Xbox One last month. I had to upgrade the gaming wheel as well so it was kind of a chunk of change. This sim racing stuff is starting to get close to my 1992 Miata weekend racer.

That's a lie, these sims are nowhere near as expensive as racing a Miata on a track.
I've had this wheel for over a year now (maybe two, its been a while), the force feedback is awesome. You'll love it! Worth every penny IMO

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wait XBOX one X? What is the difference between the XBOX one X and the XBOX ONE S?

Xbox One S is a Slim version of the Xbox One with 4k video and HDR capability

Xbox One X is along the lines of the PS4 Pro. A mid cycle upgrade with better graphics "4K gaming" but still plays current gen games.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, I fail to see any derogatory implication of "Xbone". You can keep calling me a fanboy, famboy, fanboi...or whatever makes you feel better. Microsoft is clueless when it comes to marketing towards gamers, and just like their failure when they launched the first X Box One (there, you happy?) they will fail to sell many of the new units due to their ridiculous pricing.

Sounds to me like you're the only one insulted about the Xbone comment. And you're calling me a fanboy? LOL....GTFOH dude.

I don't keep calling you a fanboy, I use it once towards you. The next times I used it to answer you. So again, take it however you want.

I agree that some of Microsoft's plans were far reaching and didn't align with all gamers. But I'm not the mass and most of my game are digital not physical. So all that DRM didn't bother me. $500 vs $400. Less is better but that was when the PS4 stats were better. Now time will only tell if $500 is worth it to gamers.

Like both you and I have said there are more PS4 owners out there. So there are more people who could be willing to upgrade to a Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro.

Why, because they have a PS4 so why spend $400 to get an upgraded PS4 that the reviewers have said it is worth buying but not worth upgrading a PS4 to. But since most haven't bought an Xbox One yet, so if you are only going to get one new console this Christmas then they may get the Xbox One X to be able to play all the exclusives.

I'm not trying to make this an console war, I don't care. There is room in the market for both and competition is good. If there wasn't competition then we wouldn't be getting a PS4 until 2024 base on Sony's desire to have a 10 ten cycle.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I saw the reveal and it did pique my interest until I realized my current gaming pc already outperforms it. Im in the planning stages to build another even smaller more powerfull gaming pc about the size of an OG xbox1. I'm a couch gamer and always have been, I have my pc in my living room hooked up to a 4k tv.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My desktop and laptop easily destroy consoles but I prefer gaming on Xbox live. It's just an intuitive and relatively smooth online gaming experience. I have a PS4 but there's really no need for it, Xbox one gets the job done quite well. Looking forward to the new iteration .

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My desktop and laptop easily destroy consoles but I prefer gaming on Xbox live. It's just an intuitive and relatively smooth online gaming experience. I have a PS4 but there's really no need for it, Xbox one gets the job done quite well. Looking forward to the new iteration .
My laptop can beat up your laptop ... :D ... but like you, I find console based gaming infinitely superior in terms of overall experience. Honestly, I don't even find that much disparity in the graphics because that becomes a bit secondary (and I'm involved in some AR/VR development, so I'm aware of the technical differences, regardless of how that plays out in "fun factor").
Sponsored