Sponsored

Wow What a Difference of Opinion I see about wheel width! Opinions please read!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm running the factory Mach 1 wheels with 305 fronts and 315 rears on my 2017. It's also lowered with the FP track handling kit. No rubbing even under aggressive cornering.

They are really close to flush or just slightly protruding.

Mach 1 wheel 3.jpg

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
LMR literally specializes in all Mustangs. Why the hell would you believe Tire Rack over LMR? And why would LMR sell so many wheel/tire combos if they didn’t fit?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I'm running the factory Mach 1 wheels with 305 fronts and 315 rears on my 2017. It's also lowered with the FP track handling kit. No rubbing even under aggressive cornering.

They are really close to flush or just slightly protruding.

Mach 1 wheel 3.jpg
You did a good job on the fitment, that's how my Pp2 looks, slightly poking out in the front too with the stock setup 19x10.5 Front and 19x11 Rear. But when I run any of the various Projectr6GR setups I have, they are 19x10 Front and 19x11 Rear, then the poke goes away and I sit flush.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to "Wheel Width", it is just that, a "Matter of Opinion". But ultimately many individuals take two approaches when it comes to setting up their cars (1) Performance or (2) Looks. For me, it has always been about Performance. I take that into consideration when I am in the dealership. Having had 8 Mustangs since 2006, each one that I got outperformed the other based on my needs and more importantly my wants. And as the Horsepower increased, so did the wheel width. The science behind this is "Wider Wheels" are better for high-performance cars because greater surface area allows for better traction which increases its handling and maneuvering while optimizing its stability. One other note is, a wider wheel width reduces braking distance and can improve braking overall.

Green Pp2 1.jpg

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
You did a good job on the fitment, that's how my Pp2 looks, slightly poking out in the front too with the stock setup 19x10.5 Front and 19x11 Rear. But when I run any of the various Projectr6GR setups I have, they are 19x10 Front and 19x11 Rear, then the poke goes away and I sit flush.
That’s because the offset of the pp2 wheels are most likely more aggressive. And I believe the pp2 oem wheels are 10.5in wide in the rear and 10in for the front.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
When it comes to "Wheel Width", it is just that, a "Matter of Opinion". But ultimately many individuals take two approaches when it comes to setting up their cars (1) Performance or (2) Looks. For me, it has always been about Performance. I take that into consideration when I am in the dealership. Having had 8 Mustangs since 2006, each one that I got outperformed the other based on my needs and more importantly my wants. And as the Horsepower increased, so did the wheel width. The science behind this is "Wider Wheels" are better for high-performance cars because greater surface area allows for better traction which increases its handling and maneuvering while optimizing its stability. One other note is, a wider wheel width reduces braking distance and can improve braking overall.

Green Pp2 1.jpg
What wheels and specs are in the pic? Those look goooood.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
What wheels and specs are in the pic? Those look goooood.
Thank You, this set is 1 of 7 and it is the Project6GR Five Spoke, 19x10+35(Front) and 19x11+50(Rear) with a 305/30/19 in the front and a 325/30/19 in the rear. I tend to stick with the 305 in the front, but I have a set that is 295/30/19(Front) but the rear is sometimes spec'd out with a 305, 315, or the 325. If you have any more questions, drop me a line, I'd be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

Take Care and Be safe.
Sponsored