Would suspension components cause this?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by i4gains, Jul 13, 2018.

1. i4gains

i4gains Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    Ingot Silver EB Mustang with PP
    0   0   0
    Within the last 2 -3 months I replaced my rear tires with the same size tire as my front, but different brand. Since then, on the highway, or specifically when I'm on a curvier road my traction control lights would flash when at high speeds 60-80 and these turns I'm referencing are very mild bends, nothing too spirited. They literally only flash in that specific scenario and only started after my rear tires were replaced. I thought it might be alignment due to the toe being off, which I just got done today but the problem persists. I'm lowered as well so there's no reason they would flash with my suspension dialed in and my alignment done. Does this sound like something anyone could diagnose for me?

2. Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0 Strassejager

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2016GT PP 6MT
    0   0   0
    Please post the make, model, and size for all four tires. I suspect your new rear tire height is the culprit.

Kinjirra likes this.
  3. Kinjirra

Kinjirra I R Slow

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Ya something is throwing the speed sensors off. Car expects a certain rotation in the tires at certain speeds ect ect… If the sensor reads something is off then your gonna get codes or warning lights. I would hazard that if the tires are the same size then possible your abs sensors in the rear wheels are off in some way. Just one being weird will cause all kinds of issues.

Pull the rear wheels and check to make sure everything is tight then reinstall and make sure you torque to proper specs... 150lbs. Im guessing they bumped a sensor out of alignment or something is shifting.

4. OP
    OP
    i4gains

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I will double check but im almost 99.9% sure. There may be diff wear obviously since the rear are brand new and front are about 50-60%. I read that may be it

5. OP
    OP
    i4gains

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0

this makes so much sense. before i got these new tires it handled GREAT. i could take turns at high speeds and it was steady and solid. My car also swayed a bit past 60 too, and when changing lanes at high speeds it sway/rolls. After the alignment the sway got a bit better but is still there.