Sponsored

Wonder if 350 value will go "up" when GT500 is released?

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm sure people said the same thing in 2012/2013 about the BOSS cars. It's the best ever... till the next best.
The BOSS wasn’t really that special, despite maybe some thinking it was. It was basically a suped up mustang.

The GT350 is an all different kind of animal. And it punches in a class FAR above any previous “mustang”. I use quotes because to me, and most people, it’s not really a mustang. From it’s unique looks, one off engine, brakes and suspension, it comes together like few cars, by ANY manufacturer, ever achieve. The only way Ford could top it is to make it lighter and add 100 hp.

I’ve said it before, it has the presence of a Ferrari Daytona. And it always will.

Ford did a wonderful thing by not sharing body panels with other mustangs, and not using the engine in other models.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The day you trade your GT350 in for a GT3 or Cayman S then it's on lol. Wine and cheese party at your house!
Pfft! A $270K car isn't happening for me anytime soon. :lol: Maybe some day. I do swoon over that Porsche Cayman GT4 though. I like Porsches on an intellectual level but few give me tingles up my spine like the GT4 does.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why would you be pissed? I'm not a muscle car person, and as someone who was moved by European sports/track cars, the previous Mustangs offered nothing to interest me. Solid rear axle and an engine making less than a hundred hp per liter? I know plenty of people are into muscle cars, and I wouldn't be pissed if they had never heard of a 3.0CSL. I would think instead of being pissed there'd be a sense of pride that cars like the GT350 swayed so many of us who had no interest in muscle cars.
^^ exactly.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ford did a wonderful thing by not sharing body panels with other mustangs, and not using the engine in other models.
Agree, with the exception that Ford is sharing a lot of GT350 specific parts with the 2018. This waters down the value of our cars somewhat.

However, I'm convinced the FPC will never see the engine compartment of another car, and this will always make the 350's unique.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The BOSS wasn’t really that special, despite maybe some thinking it was. It was basically a suped up mustang.

The GT350 is an all different kind of animal. And it punches in a class FAR above any previous “mustang”. I use quotes because to me, and most people, it’s not really a mustang. From it’s unique looks, one off engine, brakes and suspension, it comes together like few cars, by ANY manufacturer, ever achieve. The only way Ford could top it is to make it lighter and add 100 hp.

I’ve said it before, it has the presence of a Ferrari Daytona. And it always will.

Go back a read about the boss mustang because you are completely wrong with that statement. There is to much to list here on the road Runner engine, racing history and development of the car. On the other hand....... The Voodoo engine had been retired from racing after one year. Just to expensive to use in a long racing series and related vibration issues to deal with. Cpc was a better choice in the end to use on the next mustang GT4. Stop drinking the kool aid. Too much hype over an engine design that didn’t work out in the racing environment. Sorry those are the facts. Im a car collector and would not buy another used one. We shall see how the value holds up over time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Go back a read about the boss mustang because you are completely wrong with that statement. There is to much to list here on the road Runner engine, racing history and development of the car.
To be fair, he's kinda right. But its merits speak for themselves such as holding 800 RWHP all day without a hiccup and vastly superior valvetrain and durability. The handling is let down yet again by the same ridiculous bounce and jounce of Brembo Brake Pack cars of the time although not as pronounced. A watts link completely changed the character of that car though. Underappreciated I think is a more than reasonable term.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Go back and check your numbers. 48K is all they made in the GT500. :cheers:
When they came out in 2007 a lot of people believed there was only a two year run. That helped create the high ADMs.
You're right, my bad. I was throwing an extra zero on the 1st year's production in my head.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Go back a read about the boss mustang because you are completely wrong with that statement. There is to much to list here on the road Runner engine, racing history and development of the car. On the other hand....... The Voodoo engine had been retired from racing after one year. Just to expensive to use in a long racing series and related vibration issues to deal with. Cpc was a better choice in the end to use on the next mustang GT4. Stop drinking the kool aid. Too much hype over an engine design that didn’t work out in the racing environment. Sorry those are the facts. Im a car collector and would not buy another used one. We shall see how the value holds up over time.
Glad I don’t race for a living, otherwise I might care.

What I said about the BOSS is true, just a souped up mustang. Same exact body used as the breast cancer awareness model, for example. They all looked the same. I know it was relively fast, but the GT350 is something else.

I don’t drink kook aid.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
To be fair, he's kinda right. But its merits speak for themselves such as holding 800 RWHP all day without a hiccup and vastly superior valvetrain and durability. The handling is let down yet again by the same ridiculous bounce and jounce of Brembo Brake Pack cars of the time although not as pronounced. A watts link completely changed the character of that car though. Underappreciated I think is a more than reasonable term.
Maybe, but I never thought much of it, or any mustang to be honest.

I honestly haven’t heard of any durability issues with the voodoo, relative to other engines in particular.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hey AirBusPilot....Souped up mustang = found this in google image. That’s a term I haven’t heard in awhile.
But what the hay. We must agree we are living in a great time for Ford performance cars. If I had my choice of 70’s car to resto mod. It would still be a ford. 70 mach 1 with a 427 sohc motor.
DEE1D927-A425-4908-B374-469CE27256F4.jpeg
AC6A37F0-629D-499A-A2C2-298E7C85F9DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Maybe, but I never thought much of it, or any mustang to be honest.

I honestly haven’t heard of any durability issues with the voodoo, relative to other engines in particular.
By durability I meant the Road Runner vs the Gen 1 Coyote. That valvetrain can take a beating and a half. The springs are very good.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
By durability I meant the Road Runner vs the Gen 1 Coyote. That valvetrain can take a beating and a half. The springs are very good.[/quote
Every single piece of the engine was reworked and strengthened to handle the 7500 rpm and race environment.Ford claims the Boss produces 444 hp at 7,500 rpm and 380 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm -- a substantial horsepower gain over the stock 5.0 GT's 412 hp at 6,500 rpm and 390 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm. Ford reengineered just about every piece of the Boss 302's engine so the gain should be substantial. And it is ....You might enjoy this.
[ame]

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Every single piece of the engine was reworked and strengthened to handle the 7500 rpm and race environment.Ford claims the Boss produces 444 hp at 7,500 rpm and 380 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm -- a substantial horsepower gain over the stock 5.0 GT's 412 hp at 6,500 rpm and 390 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm.
At the time I never saw what the big deal of the Boss 302 was. Yes 444 HP rating, but the regular 5.0 was re-rated at 420 with no internal changes. 24 HP!! WOOOEEEE!! :eyebulge: :shrug: The Boss motor just wasn't different or unique enough (for me) to consider it that special.

And then when the next gen. standard GT was faster around a track I felt my initial assumptions about the Boss 302 were confirmed.

I realize that there are a lot of other details and changes to the Boss cars that made them special. I have never driven one. Maybe if I had an opportunity to take one to a track I would change my mind.

Comparing the changes in the Boss to the magneride and FPC in the GT350, there really is no comparison for me. The GT350 is head and shoulders above the Boss.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
At first I was pissed off with this comment then I paused, tripped over my psyche shoe laces, and though...hot damn, this dookie head is probably right. :doh:
The GT350 for sure caused an influx of owner who previously would have never considered a Mustang of any kind.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The GT350 definitely brought more attention to the Mustang than the Boss did.

However... I still believe the Boss is more fun to drive around town. First gear runs out around 38 MPH, and second gear ran out just a bit above 60 I believe. That with the 7800 intermittent redline made for a mean machine. With the red key and the non-Carb compliant tune (the early version, very rare), the cam lope was pretty intense and shook the whole car. The H pipe with the side dumps made the car sound the best the Coyote/Roadrunner could.

I completely understand why people would prefer one over the other, but I believe the Boss is a better value/more fun for the money.
Sponsored