Sponsored

Wireless charging dock - has anyone installed one into their S550?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I came across this on Amazon, know nothing of the product or vendor - but it made me wonder too...

COTAZA Wireless Charger for Ford Mustang 2015-2022, Accessories for Mustang 2022 2021 2020 2019, Chaging Mat/Pad for Ford Mustang S550 Accessories https://a.co/d/ewhn4JK

Has anyone bought a wireless charging dock & installed it into their S550? If so, what brand, price point and where purchased?

Any likes/dislikes to those who have used one?
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I watched a video on YouTube where a guy put one of these in his mustang and it didn't fit at all, just kind of sits under the switches on an angle. That would bother me. Looks like the pictures show that being the case as well.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have this one installed. https://store.exoticponymods.com/co...ustang-wireless-charger-for-2015-2020-mustang
Fits great, was avialable locally for me and leaves the left side port for connection for Android Auto or Carplay.
BTW I have the Motorola MA-1 for wireless Android Auto.
Something looks strange to me. It shows what looks like an iPhone X, which lies there completely horizontally, with lots of room to spare.
I have an iPhone SE, which is a bit narrower than the X, and I know it doesn't fit in the little tray under the switches. It's wider than the tray.
What's the catch?

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Something looks strange to me. It shows what looks like an iPhone X, which lies there completely horizontally, with lots of room to spare.
I have an iPhone SE, which is a bit narrower than the X, and I know it doesn't fit in the little tray under the switches. It's wider than the tray.
What's the catch?
The phone in that image looks like it’s 3 inches tall 🤣

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I plug mine into an Anker 535 battery Bank and lay it on the seat or place in the door pocket when it needs charging while driving. It connects to the car via the Motorala MA-1. Just another option in case the recommended wireless chargers discussed don't work out for you.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
What's the catch?
I have that exact charger in my 2015, and an iPhone SE which does fit on the charger pad... just barely. A larger iPhone or Android like my GF’s Samsung Note is too big to fit there.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
What's the catch?
The install sits into the tray and the charge space is open ended to a degree. I'd photo mine but its appears they have changed the design a bit and included a grippy mat. From the website its states: "Max Length of Phone + Case Supported: 16 cm or 6.3 inch"

ColumbusStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have a similar charger installed: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N6KQ3CF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It works great for my Z Fold. My phone has a case (about 6 3/8" tall) and it fits snug and doesn't shift around, although, any phone over 6 1/2" probably won't fit. The light turns red when you're charging, once fully charged it goes back to blue. You do have to cut the cover off the cigarette lighter to get it to fit. I just used a sharp blade for that. I have it sitting loose in there and took out the plastic tray.

Mustang charger.jpg
Mustang charger cig lighter.jpg
Mustang charger length.jpg

Sponsored

mellda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2020

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Does the charger overheat or is it ok when used more than one hour?
Never had a heat issue with the unit.
Sponsored