Wireless CarPlay Adapter?

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I can't speak to the one you referenced but I have been using the CPLAY2air adapter for 6 months in my 2020 GT350 without an issue with 3 different iPhones. Your head unit needs to be equipped with factory CarPlay for it to work. With that said, I purchased another one for a 2019 MX-5 Miata RF and haven't been able to get it to work.....even though the website says it will work with all 2018 - 2020 Mazdas. Support has been via email so it's slow but I am working with them to get it working. Here's the link https://cplay2air.com/.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Anyone successfully use something like this to connect wirelessly? Reviews are all over the place. Wireless CarPlay Adapter
There are a couple of threads on wireless CarPlay. The consensus is that they were hit or miss. The one you linked requires it to be plugged in so honestly I don’t see the point. At least if you plug your phone in it gets charged.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I keep the adapter plugged into the USB outlet in the console and when I get in the car and turn it on my phone automatically connects CarPlay on the head unit. If I need to charge my phone I can plug it in but I find it nice to not need to pug it in to use CarPlay.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I keep charging wire in storage compartment plugged in all the time. When I get in the car I just connect wire to my iPhone and that's it. No need to spent over $100 for something that may or may not work.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I keep charging wire in storage compartment plugged in all the time. When I get in the car I just connect wire to my iPhone and that's it. No need to spent over $100 for something that may or may not work.
It’s certainly not my place to tell folks how to spend their money but, I’ve always felt that wireless in a car is a solution to a non existent problem.

OP
OP
MDFilip

MDFilip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's not really a huge issue to plug my phone in with the 350 because most of the time I'm in the car for a extended period of time but in my truck for instance jumping in and out running errands it's a pain in the ass to plug in and unplug at every stop. A lot of 2021 cars are not coming with wireless carplay. Sometimes it's just nice to keep your phone in your pocket.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It's not really a huge issue to plug my phone in with the 350 because most of the time I'm in the car for a extended period of time but in my truck for instance jumping in and out running errands it's a pain in the ass to plug in and unplug at every stop. A lot of 2021 cars are not coming with wireless carplay. Sometimes it's just nice to keep your phone in your pocket.
Yep, make sense.
Sponsored