Sponsored

Wipers leave streaks. Wtf?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
My ‘19 GT is only a month old. If I use the wiper spray when driving, the streaks left by the wipers makes it worse.

Am I missing something?
74680640-98A4-41F0-A00D-25DFC9BBA0CE.jpeg
I use sandpaper when my blades start to leave streaks. Works great, going on 4 years with the OEM blades.
Sponsored

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
You may need to use the washers more than once while driving depending upon how dirty the windshield is,

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If you replace the blades make sure it’s a beam type and not the conventional 2 piece design. Those suck and never wipe right.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I wasn't driving in the rain. I was cleaning my windshield off or attempting to.
Makes sense. Cleaning a dirty windshield, especially if it has dead bugs, tree sap, a lot of dust, etc.with the windshield washer and wiper blades has always (in the 50 years I've been driving) been "good luck with that" :).

This is especially true when the sun angle is low in front of you. Multiple attempts may help but many times you are much better off not doing anything until you can clean the windshield with glass cleaner and rags or paper towels. On long trips I always carry both to use at gas station and/or rest area stops.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Both my Fords do this, and I suspect it's the use of Rain-X fluid and/or the blades advertised to "Contains natural repellent properties".

Can have clean windshield and blades, and it will do this, ...... only noticed when dark and light comes from the front.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
A dirty windshield is a wtf moment...

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My left wiper never wiped clean from new but I normally dont drive in the rain. Every time I do though I kick my self in the butt that I never got it replaced under warranty. When I finally decided to replace it and saw the price for a new blade I decided to go buy a case of beer instead.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Guys who applied plastic/ceramic to my car told me to use combination rubbing alcohol and water. Worked fine. I havent used my wipers yet, but like someone else said, one of the many reasons to avoid automatic car washes ( like maybe the dealer took it to one) is that even if you don't ask for wax, you still get a little (cheater wax) to help them dry the car easier and preserve towels. I owned a car wash for a few years.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Guys who applied plastic/ceramic to my car told me to use combination rubbing alcohol and water. Worked fine. I havent used my wipers yet, but like someone else said, one of the many reasons to avoid automatic car washes ( like maybe the dealer took it to one) is that even if you don't ask for wax, you still get a little (cheater wax) to help them dry the car easier and preserve towels. I owned a car wash for a few years.
At last, a post without snarky remarks.

That is a plausible explanation - I'll clean the blades and screen with some alcohol and see how that does.

I ordered a new set of blades today, but will give this a try before installing them.
Sponsored