Winter work for DD & HPDE Track car.?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
With no more events planned for the rest of the year it is now time to do some work on the car over the winter.
I’ve already planned for new Carbotech, pads, solid rotors and braided lines.. Also going to fit aluminum GT500 coil covers, as the stock ones had loose bolts and an oil leak at the track this year. A GT350 intake manifold and dyno tune. Moving the HP to the upper rev range - Go faster and stop quicker.

Whilst the car is apart, what would you recommend for me to check as wear items.? Any particular joints, bearings boots etc.? Full Ridetech coilovers, various suspension braces and sway bars fitted already.

I’m not looking for any further upgrades, more of a checklist for service items - usual fluid changes GB & diff will also be made pre-season.
Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Anyone.? Any of the dedicated track guys.?
Bushings, bearings, wear, play or failures To look out for.?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Check wheels bearings. Especially rear ones
The GT 500 aluminum valves covers are a great addition. Much better pcv design that solved my problem with blow by on the track

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I have to ask, are you doing all these mods because you have currently reached the limits of your car as is, or are you doing them because it's winter and the car is not racing anymore?

Also, what tires are you running?

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
A bit of both.. it’s been a journey. Not doing all mods at once, learning and improving track skills over the last few years.
I’m running Comp R Pirelli Trefeo tires, 285 squared.

Running consistent HPDE times at VIR (local track), I am also partial to turning a wrench or two, so wet weekends and dark evenings need to be filled somehow. Generally after each weekend, the car gets an upgrade.

From Stock 2015 PP it’s had : Various chassis bracing and frame stiffening, H pipe & Roush axleback, Ford stage 2 power pack, Swift Springs, R comp tires, brakes stoptech, stage 3 Clutch, aero Rear spoiler & front splitter, F&R sway bars, camber plates, MGW shifter, full Ridetech coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates, Steeda rear suspension adjustment, full alignment set-up, schroth 4pt harness and Hans.. just to name a few..!!

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Upper rear shock mounts can fail and should be checked for any excess movement.
Wheel bearings need close monitoring, as stated above, especially the rear.

These are the only 2 items I've had any problem with after years at the track.
Sponsored