Sponsored

Winter is coming

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive my car all season long but during the winter that means staying below 4000 for a good hour before the engine is up to temps. I know it's the engine cooler working like it's flowing a cold air intake with the widest grin ever about to spool the largest turbos in the world. What did I just write?

Out of curiosity, has anyone developed a quick and dirty (clean) way to block the flow for the engine cooler. I guess I could mask that side and remove the mask once temps have caught up. Logically, I see no harm done. hmm
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I live in Arkansas where it doesn't get much below the 20s most of the time (although it's going to be 8 tomorrow night). I block 100% of my lower grills with tape, and run it this way between late November through February. On warm days, the oil and water temps will get slightly above normal, but never high enough to cause alarm.

One benefit is that it allows the trans temp to get into a warmer operating range. On my car without tape, the trans never gets above 100* in the winter. It will now normally run about 120-150*.

Here's what mine looks like:
2687.jpg
Sounds like this is the best idea. I think I could be content with that. Looks oemish haha and at that low no one could barely tell.
The below was also shared too and that’s pretty neat. Lol I know many would stroke seeing that engine bay.

Last edited:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Winter is coming. Woke up to 70's in Fl yesterday, time to find my socks!!
Sponsored