neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Looks like it. I got lucky though, last year at my previous house the actual structure got struck... Lost a receiver, a few HDDs on my server, etc. This time, the house didn't suffer too badly... The tree mainly damaged the gutter and nothing else.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Sorry I wasn't out there guys, been sick as a dog. George how'd your recall go?

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
It's a long story... My local dealership didn't do that great of a job with the thermal tape. When I got home I looked under my car and noticed several pieces coming off, which I pushed back into place, and they seem to be holding ok.

However, the biggest issue was catching one of their mechanics taking my car out for a joyride on dashcam. I won't be using that dealership again.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
It's a long story... My local dealership didn't do that great of a job with the thermal tape. When I got home I looked under my car and noticed several pieces coming off, which I pushed back into place, and they seem to be holding ok.

However, the biggest issue was catching one of their mechanics taking my car out for a joyride on dashcam. I won't be using that dealership again.
Man sorry to hear about that. They do have to drive them though, because fuel lines and such have to be disconnected when the tank gets dropped the test drive ensures there aren't any issues with sputtering as soon as you get the car back. Could have been that and not a joy ride.

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Man sorry to hear about that. They do have to drive them though, because fuel lines and such have to be disconnected when the tank gets dropped the test drive ensures there aren't any issues with sputtering as soon as you get the car back. Could have been that and not a joy ride.
Let's say it involved peeling out, breaking the speed limit, reckless driving and colorful comment from the tech. He was pretty excited about my mods.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Let's say it involved peeling out, breaking the speed limit, reckless driving and colorful comment from the tech. He was pretty excited about my mods.
Did you bring it up with the service manager?

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
I'd go back, tell the service manager and then walk out back and give him a piece of my mind. That's terrible.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Did you bring it up with the service manager?
After speaking with the service director, and showing him the video... Let's just say I walked in there to speak with the dealership owner a few days later. The first thing they said was... Sign here, we don't want this meeting recorded... I said, nope.

They agreed to replace my rear tires once my current ones are worn. And, provide an-in house warranty if something happened to the car. Thing is, I don't know how I feel taking my car in after the events that transpired.

Just a horrible experience. Worse even was that the recall work they were performing was subpar. I had to press the heat shielding firmly into place as it was already coming off just from the drive home.
Sponsored