Sponsored

Windscreen replacement help

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Hi Guy,
On Friday last week, had a stone hit on my windscreen and got a chip and 10cm crack which is keep on cracking.

My insurance is with LV= and windscreen replacement is with Autoglass UK. excess is £190. I spoke to AG and for ford oem ws, they have to get an approval from LV first before they place an order with Ford UK.

I realised that rear view mirror unit has camera and other sensors for pedestrian detection systems, adaptive cruise etc. I am concerned if AG will replace the ws properly as ford garage will do and still all the modern systems - rain sensing, detection etc will work as expected without voiding Ford UK warranty or not. Should I insist on getting it done by Ford UK rather, but how to get LV agree on that without affecting NO claim bonus

need some help please.

I’ll call up Ford eh Bedford (nearest mustang dealer) as well ThinkFord (I bought from them from brand new) to know about warranty situation on ws replacement.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
auto glass are just fine but you have to make sure its a proper ford soundscreen glass, ford don't do glass themselves so if you ever have glass done at ford they only call in AG anyway

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Ok, Thank you. I’ll get to know tomorrow on this from autoglass if LV approves ford oem windscreen.

I saw on AG’s website about calibration process after windscreen replacement in the vehicles where modern detection systems are there. Any suggestions on that bit as well please?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they're just stuck on with sticky pads they take them off they stick them back on in the same place nothing to do the screen is marked for the right places

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Hinch and Kristian

Sponsored

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Lve approved ford oem glass and it’s on its way to autoglass. I have booked an appointment for 31st at their workshop in Bedford..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Autoglass did a good enough job on mine, sensors etc are fine, the chap even salvaged my club sticker in the window!

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Autoglass did a good enough job on mine, sensors etc are fine, the chap even salvaged my club sticker in the window!
Ok Thank you.

@Gregs24, thanks for the heads up. I havent been told about this by AutoGlass technician who called me up to book and hes aware that its a Mustang V8. I'll check with them as getting dates during this holiday season is difficult. Crack is on the move as well, another cm in last 2 days.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Ok Thank you.

@Gregs24, thanks for the heads up. I havent been told about this by AutoGlass technician who called me up to book and hes aware that its a Mustang V8. I'll check with them as getting dates during this holiday season is difficult. Crack is on the move as well, another cm in last 2 days.
Be wary of driving with the crack expanding especially if its in your normal field of vision.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I'd only worry about OEM if you have a HUD, which we don't - on my wife's 5-series the non-OEM screens made the HUD dull and fuzzy as they weren't properly silvered (even though they were tagged as HUD versions). Otherwise glass is glass. You also have to proactively chase LV if you want OEM as the approval process can drag and make it challenging if you have a knackered 'screen and have a drive to the South of France coming up in a few days (ask me how I know :-)

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Lve approved ford oem glass and it’s on its way to autoglass. I have booked an appointment for 31st at their workshop in Bedford..
I'm with LV, same happened to me but was approved in a couple of days and fitted with no probs. Genuine screen with ford logo and "soundscreen" logo. Should be fine

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
I'm with LV, same happened to me but was approved in a couple of days and fitted with no probs. Genuine screen with ford logo and "soundscreen" logo. Should be fine
Thanks mate.. another bit, which I would be intrigued to know what excess other insurance providers are charging for windscreen replacement (genuine OEM). Did someone said A-Plan charge only £75.

OP
OP
pr8196

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Can someone please recommend me which glass coat should i apply? It was gtechnique applied by Detailer on the cracked WS.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can someone please recommend me which glass coat should i apply? It was gtechnique applied by Detailer on the cracked WS.
i’ve used adams polishes glass sealant in the past - great stuff. I clay the glass first then apply generously with a mf applicator pad, buff off. Repels water really well
Sponsored