Sponsored

Window is possessed.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
My passenger-side window is randomly doing that thing that happens when the door is opened with the window shut (cracks open just a bit when the door is opened).

But it's doing it constantly even when the car is turned off. As if there's a sensor or programming failure with the window. At this rate it's probably going to burn out the motor.

Anyone have this problem? The dealer tried to fix it with a reprogram but the issue persists.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well did they check the sensor that tells the BDM if the door is opened/closed? That'd be the first thing I did.

OP
OP

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Well did they check the sensor that tells the BDM if the door is opened/closed? That'd be the first thing I did.
I have no idea, to be honest. But that will be my approach now.

chrissn95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP
Your window motor its defective. I've replaced several including my own car. For some reason its always the passenger side. Note this is not you conventional window motor with reversible switch like old cars. This unit has 2 power wires and a few signal wires. Rockauto has the motorcraft unit cheap.

OP
OP

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Your window motor its defective. I've replaced several including my own car. For some reason its always the passenger side. Note this is not you conventional window motor with reversible switch like old cars. This unit has 2 power wires and a few signal wires. Rockauto has the motorcraft unit cheap.
Car is still under warranty, so i would like the dealer to fix it. Problem is, dealer insists on "reprogramming" something, and wont replace the motor.

Is there any way I can convince them to replace tge motor? Every time i leave the car at the dealer it is easily 1 week+.

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN

Out of curiosity is the motor riveted on the door shell or bolted on?

OP
OP

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
UPDATE:

Took the car back to the dealer. Spoke to supervisor, who insisted that the issue was the programming. He spoke at length about all the technical intricacies of the window mechanism, among which were the following surprising statements: 1) the sensor is not damaged because "there's no sensor" (notwithstanding the fact that this contradicted his following statement); 2) the window motor measures (if not by sensor, how?) how high the window goes - it wants to reach a specified height, but if it cannot, it defaults to a "safe mode".

But the guy was nice, I'll give him that. Regardless, 2 hours later, dude calls me up and says he had to order a new motor because the old one fried while they were testing it.

Sometimes, things are exactly what they seem.
Sponsored