Sponsored

Will Trump take ANY blame for a tanked market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
So he likes to claim the market when it’s up....that he caused it. But funny thing, now that it’s tanked he’s blaming others...so now why is that? How convieeeeeent! The virus is just the trigger, the huge federal deficit is lurking and the PE ratios are out of whack not to mention bond inversions. Fire away now!!
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So he likes to claim the market when it’s up....that he caused it. But funny thing, now that it’s tanked he’s blaming others...so now why is that? How convieeeeeent! The virus is just the trigger, the huge federal deficit is lurking and the PE ratios are out of whack not to mention bond inversions. Fire away now!!
SO you think the Corona virus was caused by Trump?

I guess that's why it's called Trump derangement syndrome, huh?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Looks like someone is trying to pick a fight? (LOL) really these debates, auguments, discussion all bring on the same responses from both sides.
If you don't like Trump that's fine, vote in November.
People on both sides are tired of all the division at this point, and are ready to stop it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Trump is not responsible for the Coronavirus or the current stock market situation. I wish both sides would focus on saving lives and stop try to politicize a freakin disease.

On the plus side, Biden won big in SC. Hopefully more than a speed bump for Bernie. Guess we’ll see on Super Tuesday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Rush says the virus was caused by the Dems working with China to cause a crash to get him out of office. Trump says it’s a hoax, wonder how the family of the person that died in Washington thinks it’s a hoax too...but if it kills off old fool Trump supporters, meh. Next time I see idiots with MAGA hats in DC, I’ll start coughing next to them and tell them I just came back from China last week. But don’t worry it’s just a hoax.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
We should send all of the anti-vaxxers to china and see if they are right.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Lmao! I've been waiting to here the excuses from Trump supporters on this for the past week. There will be no talk of the markets by these armchair professionals. I try to explain total asset of central major banks going negative and repealing QE which had a direct correlation with stock market selloffs in equities which have been extremely overextended with insane speculation, all the measures the gov took to inject liquidity that we don't have now, and stock buy backs are in a blackout window which were fueling the equity rally.

These people just do not understand economics more than skin deep and yet they will yell at the top of their lungs that everything is just the best ever, it's hilarious. Don't get me wrong, the market has been blazing but smart money has been liquid af and hedging for awhile now. RIP the layman's 401k.

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/peacockfedecbassets.pdf - Central banks balance sheets.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Rush says the virus was caused by the Dems working with China to cause a crash to get him out of office. Trump says it’s a hoax, wonder how the family of the person that died in Washington thinks it’s a hoax too...but if it kills off old fool Trump supporters, meh. Next time I see idiots with MAGA hats in DC, I’ll start coughing next to them and tell them I just came back from China last week. But don’t worry it’s just a hoax.
We should send all of the anti-vaxxers to china and see if they are right.
Despite you guys wishing that I get sick and die, I want you to know that I wish only the best for you and your families. I hope the CDC and other scientists around the world working for a vaccine are successful soon.

Lmao! I've been waiting to here the excuses from Trump supporters on this for the past week. There will be no talk of the markets by these armchair professionals. I try to explain total asset of central major banks going negative and repealing QE which had a direct correlation with stock market selloffs in equities which have been extremely overextended with insane speculation, all the measures the gov took to inject liquidity that we don't have now, and stock buy backs are in a blackout window which were fueling the equity rally.

These people just do not understand economics more than skin deep and yet they will yell at the top of their lungs that everything is just the best ever, it's hilarious. Don't get me wrong, the market has been blazing but smart money has been liquid af and hedging for awhile now. RIP the layman's 401k.

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/peacockfedecbassets.pdf - Central banks balance sheets.
AFAIK smart is long term in the stock market. It's not a good idea to sell when prices are low. When prices are low, that's the time to BUY stocks. Right now those that know the stock market goes up and down and those that have a long term view are continuing to buy into the market. We are getting good deals on stocks right now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Despite you guys wishing that I get sick and die, I want you to know that I wish only the best for you and your families. I hope the CDC and other scientists around the world working for a vaccine are successful soon.
Hack nobody's wishing this for you. It least I sure as hell hope not. Unfortunately cuts made to the CDC's budget by this administration are now coming back to haunt them. A vaccine is months away maybe even further. This administration is reacting instead of having been prepared. This is bad news for everyone. This virus is political party neutral.

I do not believe the time to buy is now. We haven't hit bottom yet. I'm financially OK, as are you, but millions of others aren't. In my lifetime have never faced a natural disaster based crash like we are encountering now. No one knows where we are headed. That's scary.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
AFAIK smart is long term in the stock market. It's not a good idea to sell when prices are low. When prices are low, that's the time to BUY stocks. Right now those that know the stock market goes up and down and those that have a long term view are continuing to buy into the market. We are getting good deals on stocks right now.

Yes, smart money doesn't time the market as no one should, you scale in and out of positions depending on many market conditions, fundamentals, support/resistance, etc. But you always are mindful of risk and attempt to be as risk adverse as possible. Everyone will always quote buffet when talking about risk, 'always be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.' But a lot of trading is done with algos and it is very easy for market makers to use squeeze techniques or plow thru stop losses and cause a huge swing up or down and obviously, there is a ton more to this.

But there will always be people that buy high and sell low that is just how the market works its zero sum, always going to be winners and losers and smart money is hardly ever the loser and if they are it's a calculated risk so like 0.1-1% of their total capital. Anyone who has been trading markets for awhile will always have liquidity for times like these to scale into great positions. But the name of the game is risk and you're always looking to be less vulnerable by hedging, placing stop losses under support (MAs/historical supports, etc), moving into positions that have just broken out over resistance, and taking profits when appropriate.

Large capital like IRAs won't be able to move around its just far too much capital, not enough liquidity, and smart money/algos get first movers advantage with their brokers so most passive investors are going to get crushed. Right now the market is ranging between support and resistance but the more we test support the weaker it gets.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack nobody's wishing this for you. It least I sure as hell hope not. Unfortunately cuts made to the CDC's budget by this administration are now coming back to haunt them. A vaccine is months away maybe even further. This administration is reacting instead of having been prepared. This is bad news for everyone. This virus is political party neutral.

I do not believe the time to buy is now. We haven't hit bottom yet. I'm financially OK, as are you, but millions of others aren't. In my lifetime have never faced a natural disaster based crash like we are encountering now. No one knows where we are headed. That's scary.
Man, that sounds like a really biased view. Are you saying that the only people in the CDC who could work on this are the ones that were let go? I think the time to get something like this done is more the time waiting for test results and iterating / improving on the solution rather than needing more people. They aren't trying to move dirt with shovels or anything. And this is their top priority.

It is possible to cut the budget of a government department without eliminating the viability of said department. Government doesn't absolutely have to grow by 10% per year or we will all die.

I agree the unknown is scary. I'm continuing to invest and I'm not making a change right now. I'm getting better prices on my stock buys right now than I was a few weeks ago.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Man, that sounds like a really biased view. Are you saying that the only people in the CDC who could work on this are the ones that were let go? I think the time to get something like this done is more the time waiting for test results and iterating / improving on the solution rather than needing more people. They aren't trying to move dirt with shovels or anything. And this is their top priority.

It is possible to cut the budget of a government department without eliminating the viability of said department. Government doesn't absolutely have to grow by 10% per year or we will all die.

I agree the unknown is scary. I'm continuing to invest and I'm not making a change right now. I'm getting better prices on my stock buys right now than I was a few weeks ago.
Some of the changes that were made over the past few years are hurting us now. It's not that we need more people, we need people who were in the right positions that are now gone. And as far as spending more money well the president did ask for 2.5 billion. There is no easy way out if this.

As far as our president, he takes credit for everything positive (every president does) but tries to blame others for when something negative happens. He may not be responsible for the Coronavirus but he will take the political hit for it (as all presidents do).

https://fortune.com/2020/02/26/coronavirus-covid-19-cdc-budget-cuts-us-trump/

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Market down during Trumps tenure: 'Good time to buy'

Obama inherits down market: 'Worst economy ever'

You just can't win, lmao. Some people just really believe their political affliction can do no wrong. I'll talk shit on democrats war crimes and surveillance state all day long, I call out bullshit when I see it.

CDC, yeah, turns out not everyone has the same job in the CDC. There is need to know and there is job specific tasks and requirements. There are reasons you have departments and why you compartmentalize, to think everyone in the CDC is a professional in every avenue of biology, engineering, scope of diseases/etc, and research is woefully ignorant. I don't go to the hospital and ask the dermatologist about acl surgery just because he has an MD.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
At the end of the day all any of us can do is wash our hands, don't touch our faces and try not to have anyone cough at us. This is going to get far worse before it gets better. I'm going to go out and drive my Mustang. Spewing carbon emissions doesn't seem so bad now. :frown:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.