Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
hello everyone,
This is a question for anyone that has the digital dash. I saw it has an a/f gauge to select with this read accurately if I install say an Edelbrock stage 1 kit? I plan on getting the EcoBoost gauge for the boost was trying to see if this works to save a few bucks

thanks for any info in advance.
Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Yes, it'll read correctly. As it relates to the mechanical gauge, I think the boost gauge only works on whipple and roush superchargers. Or it used to, not sure if it's like this anymore

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
The A/F gauge will be accurate. The ecoboost boost gauge will not be accurate. The ecoboost uses speed density tuning. The Edelbrock SC uses mass air tuning. The data shown will be inferred.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
The A/F gauge will be accurate. The ecoboost boost gauge will not be accurate. The ecoboost uses speed density tuning. The Edelbrock SC uses mass air tuning. The data shown will be inferred.
So I’ll need to go with Roush or Whipple?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
So I’ll need to go with Roush or Whipple?
The only SC that I know of that is speed density tuned is the Roush. Personally, I think the best positive displacement SC on the market now is the Edelbrock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
The only SC that I know of that is speed density tuned is the Roush. Personally, I think the best positive displacement SC on the market now is the Edelbrock.
Is there a gauge on the market that will look similar and allow the color switching ?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Is there a gauge on the market that will look similar and allow the color switching ?
The best thing you can get is the Glowshift gauge they are actually pretty good quality and you can change them to a bunch of different colors. The other option is to get the EBPP gauges and check the accuracy with a cheap mechanical one, supposedly they're pretty close to accurate even though it's inferred.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Saying the Roush is speed density tuned is kind of wrong. All of the PD tunes that use Ford's Supercharger OS for tuning are really MAF tuned. There are speed density tables that are utilized for all of them, but they still use a MAF for wide open throttle. As far as I know, none of the SC tunes use a MAP sensor, and that is why the boost gauges are not accurate. The MAP value is inferred from the MAF sensor flow values and other parameters in the tune.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Saying the Roush is speed density tuned is kind of wrong. All of the PD tunes that use Ford's Supercharger OS for tuning are really MAF tuned. There are speed density tables that are utilized for all of them, but they still use a MAF for wide open throttle. As far as I know, none of the SC tunes use a MAP sensor, and that is why the boost gauges are not accurate. The MAP value is inferred from the MAF sensor flow values and other parameters in the tune.
2018+ Roush supercharged Mustangs are speed density tuned, and have a MAP sensor. No MAF sensor.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Wow, really? I did not know that. Well, I guess that means my post is only accurate for 2015-2017.
15-17 Roush cars are speed density too, thats why there are some extra steps to take if you're going to get an aftermarket tune on a Roush car.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
15-17 Roush cars are speed density too, thats why there are some extra steps to take if you're going to get an aftermarket tune on a Roush car.
Ok, I've been wrong today, so maybe I'm wrong again, but it was my understanding that the 15-17 Roush still used a MAF. All of the Ford Coyote tunes use speed density to some degree, but the question is really if it is using an added MAP sensor and tuning WOT based on MAP alone. Looking at Roush install instructions for 15-17 shows them retaining the MAF sensor, while the 18+ discards it and adds a MAP sensor.
Sponsored