Why so much fraud?

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There is a certain amount of trust you need to have when dealing with users online. I personally won't do business with anyone without a couple hundred posts. I remember the first item I sold on here was a larger throttle body and let it go really cheap. I had about 10-15 posts when I mentioned it and a user reached out to me directly. He sent me the money and I shipped the part out to him, he must have really wanted that throttle body because I wouldn't have sent money to a user with 15 or less posts lol. VMP told me that a larger throttle body would not get me any gains even though everyone else said they can.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Why is there so much h fraud?
There's always been a lot of fraud. It's just been relatively local. Grandma dipping I to her life savings for fake home repairs, fake door to door subscriptions, etc,etc...
Now days with the WWW truly world wide and everyone having an email address and social media it's much easier for that Ethiopian prince to reach out to tremendous numbers of people. Say he spends $10,000 buying an Illicit list of 100 million email addresses. If he gets just 1/4 of one percent of those gullible grannies to respond and he only takes them for $10 each that's a 2.5 million dollar take. Not a bad return on a 10 grand investment with almost zero risk of a single consequence.
Now, what if that list is of only the elderly and retired and the scam is their beloved grand, or great grandchild is in a Peruvian jail and needs $750 for bail. So what if %99.99 don't respond, if 1 tenth of one percent send that $750 the take is 75 million dollars.
They real question might be "Why is there not more fraud?"

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I got the same thing on my one wanted post.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I like the new warning label seen at top of a user's window when receiving messages from new or unknown users:
BD546A3F-306D-406F-871C-E3DC388304C0.jpeg

Great idea and thanks for the Site Owners/MODs who implemented it, perfect!
Sponsored