Sponsored

Why no availability for SVE R350 wheels until October?!

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just wondering if anyone has any insider knowledge about the lack of (specifically) SVE R350 wheels until an estimated October? This seems like an extremely long time for something that was in stock a month or two ago from what I recall. I can't even find e-Bay listings.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Because they are made in China and there is a little issue there that you might have heard about.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Ugh. It sounds like the same supply chain disruption that the SP2s have had for months now.

Well, they are coming back eventually at least.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Wait...I just looked and it seems like the R350s are still in stock.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because they are made in China and there is a little issue there that you might have heard about.
It doesn't seem to have affected their other wheel designs. Is it just because they're so popular?

Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...I just looked and it seems like the R350s are still in stock.
This is promising! They just updated since I posted. It seems like their production has begun to spin back up. I'm not immediately in the market but definitely before October. They only have 2 19x10's in stock so supplies still seem pretty limited.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
It doesn't seem to have affected their other wheel designs. Is it just because they're so popular?
Multiple wheel styles have been out of stock for a while.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've seen supply issues with lots of wheels. At least we know where they come from now. :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is a little speculative, but I'm pretty sure that wheels are made in large batch orders, they're not in constant production. Then they have to come on a boat, have to go through customs, etc. In normal times sometimes they don't order enough wheels in a batch to meet demand before they can restock, and currently the obvious pandemic has thrown things off.

Also R350s are sooo 2016, they probably don't order the volume they used to and other larger orders may get precedence when things are backed up like they are/were.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also R350s are sooo 2016, they probably don't order the volume they used to and other larger orders may get precedence when things are backed up like they are/were.
I just can't seem to find a good looking, easy to clean wheel that is lighter than factory and doesn't look "aftermarket" other than the Project6GR and the R350 from SVE. Easy to clean being one of the highest priorities among the obvious (quality/fitment/price).

Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just can't seem to find a good looking, easy to clean wheel that is lighter than factory and doesn't look "aftermarket" other than the Project6GR and the R350 from SVE. Easy to clean being one of the highest priorities among the obvious (quality/fitment/price).
Price is right too. According to LMR's site everything I checked is in stock. I'd buy a set if it wasn't for their quote of $300 USD for shipping and $195 taxes :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Price is right too. According to LMR's site everything I checked is in stock.
I should specify I'm looking for a 19x10 square setup in gloss black. Those are now out of stock again :(

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
I should specify I'm looking for a 19x10 square setup in gloss black. Those are now out of stock again :(
I’m in the same boat. I need new tires but I didn’t want to buy new tires until I had some new wheels. Now that I can afford it everything I want is out of stock. Tech 7s, Tech Mesh, SVE R350 and R357’s. The S350’s are in stock but are low on my want list. At this point I’m almost considering buying some performance pack repros from American Muscle and calling it a day.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the same boat. I need new tires but I didn’t want to buy new tires until I had some new wheels. Now that I can afford it everything I want is out of stock. Tech 7s, Tech Mesh, SVE R350 and R357’s. The S350’s are in stock but are low on my want list. At this point I’m almost considering buying some performance pack repros from American Muscle and calling it a day.
Those are the least easy to clean lol. I'm running 20mm spacers to get the fitment I want on my black appearance pack wheels at the moment. I'm cool with the idea for the street, but it's not ideal in the long term. The PP wheels just don't have the offset I want either. The R350's put the tire out near the fender where it belongs. Anything designed around OEM sits an inch or more inside the fender and doesn't look as aggressive.

ThatGuy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The Tech 7's are available if you order directly from RTR, just got mine in Friday.
Sponsored