Sponsored

Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Opening line of this,
means NOTHING. And yes I'm aware of the brochure linked to the YT that says it's standard. The pics show the square 'pad' where I believe the sensor goes but until someone actually puts eyes on one and validates, it's all marketing which is notoriously innacurate.

Last edited:

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Agreed. Until there is a proper Aussie delivery we won’t know

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Agreed. Until there is a proper Aussie delivery we won’t know
I will check this out in New Zealand, we get our Mach1 before Australia. Just waiting to get confirmation from Ford NZ that our cars are on the boat. (Tamesis) loaded today.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I thought so.
Which kind of contradicts the whole “it’s got a different bumper” theory, no?
If Ford put it in the overseas Bullitt, Ford could have put it in the North American version, and likewise Ford could have more recently decided to make ACC available in the North American Mach 1.
The bad news is they didn’t.
The good news is that the overseas Mach 1s probably will have available ACC, just like the overseas Bullitt, its older cousin.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I guess so. They’re $100k cars here so considered a “premium” and we usually get all the fruit to justify the cost. We don’t get many options other than color and seats here. I’m intrigued to know why the press cars don’t have it, and if our local cars will.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I guess so. They’re $100k cars here so considered a “premium” and we usually get all the fruit to justify the cost. We don’t get many options other than color and seats here. I’m intrigued to know why the press cars don’t have it, and if our local cars will.
What doesn’t make sense in North America is that you can get ACC in a GT but you couldn’t in a Bullitt and now you can’t in a Mach 1, even though they are similar to loaded GTs (with a few exceptions, e.g., the Tremec in the Mach 1 and the intake in both).

Sponsored

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What doesn’t make sense in North America is that you can get ACC in a GT but you couldn’t in a Bullitt and now you can’t in a Mach 1, even though they are similar to loaded GTs (with a few exceptions, e.g., the Tremec in the Mach 1 and the intake in both).
Who knows. If the Aussie Bullit had it then there’s no reason it couldn’t have it globally, but then there’s probably some law or rule for not having it there but can here. *shrug*
Maybe cost? I dunno

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I thought so.
Which kind of contradicts the whole “it’s got a different bumper” theory, no?
If Ford put it in the overseas Bullitt, Ford could have put it in the North American version, and likewise Ford could have more recently decided to make ACC available in the North American Mach 1.
The bad news is they didn’t.
The good news is that the overseas Mach 1s probably will have available ACC, just like the overseas Bullitt, its older cousin.
The Bullitt bumper is not the same as the Mach 1 nor does it have all the cooling goodies behind it. It is strange the Aussie version of the Bullitt had it and the North American version didn't
Sponsored