Why I cancelled

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Can we open a book on [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]s first foray into electric cars?
Still looking at around £80k to £100k for any second hand Tesla with ludicrous mode, which I would assume would be the only ones Gibbo would be interested in performance wise :headbang:

Although way he has been raving about the noises the F-Type made I doubt he could go electric at all
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Still looking at around £80k to £100k for any second hand Tesla with ludicrous mode, which I would assume would be the only ones Gibbo would be interested in performance wise :headbang:

Although way he has been raving about the noises the F-Type made I doubt he could go electric at all

Might as well stay in the office and get on the simulator:D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well put [MENTION=31610]Entai[/MENTION]

You're right - despite the obvious financial disadvantage of buying new, there's no better feeling than driving away something you have worked hard for, all brand new, all yours. It's well worth the extra cash if you ask me, well for Fords anyway!

Depreciation is not a consideration I have ever made personally when buying cars. Mind you, my taste is typically cars that are not too expensive to begin with! :lol:

:ford:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha i have a 100D i bought for the office as a "pool" car its downright insane in a straight line with loads of space and really comfy but its just not sporty it feels like driving a fast vectra. its quite boring in anything but a flat out straight line punt and through corners its weight really upsets it.

Sponsored

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Love driving a brand new car as the first owner which is all part of the experience together with driving a different model I have never owned.

My Lotus is >10 years - getting a replacement would not be the same excitement as getting the first one.

Have fun with the Jag

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I agree there is something special about buying brand new and having all the paperwork and booklets/keys etc as you’ve worked hard to get it and it’s all yours and you love it, especially if nothing goes wrong with it. Hell I used to buy cheap second hand cars years ago only because I had to!

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I agree there is something special about buying brand new and having all the paperwork and booklets/keys etc as you’ve worked hard to get it and it’s all yours and you love it, especially if nothing goes wrong with it. Hell I used to buy cheap second hand cars years ago only because I had to!
This will be my first new car purchase. In the past I've had to make do with lightly used vehicles more suited to moving kids from A to B. Now they are both out of childcare I finally have the cash to get something I've always wanted.:headbang:

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
This will be my first new car purchase. In the past I've had to make do with lightly used vehicles more suited to moving kids from A to B. Now they are both out of childcare I finally have the cash to get something I've always wanted.:headbang:
Enjoy!

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Suprised that the colour options for the F-type on the Jaguar web do not include Orange and Yellow options unless I missed that somehow.

Sponsored

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
The heart wants what the heart wants.

Before i bought my GT soft top, what i really wanted was a Corvette, but i just couldn't see it as an everyday driver. So i bought the Mustang. Is it the best drivers car? absolutely not, but it gets more comments from people than my Cerbera did back in 2001, and i love it. But i am in the fortunate position to buy the Corvette as well, so i did. But since April this year i have put 600 miles on the Corvette and 13000 miles on the Mustang. I still enjoy every mile in the Mustang. But if the road was clear, there was no salt on the road, and i had no worries about where i was parked, all those miles could have been in the corvette, but thats why the Mustang is so good. You can drive it all the time, park it most places, and just enjoy it.

Gibbo sold me a clutch spring, only a minor mod, but essential for a manual Mustang driver. But my priorities are different to Gibbo's, i have never driven an auto that i would choose over a manual, even if the auto is quicker. But the truth is, if your car doesn't tick all the boxes, you will think of reasons to change it. That costs you money. Enjoying a car for me involves forming a bond with it. If you love the car it wont cost you much, if you dont it cost you a fortune.

In 2005 i bought a Monaro for £25,000. Its now worth about £10k. Thats cheap motoring when spread over 12 years. In 2015 i bought a Honda CRZ. I sold it to buy the Mustang. In one year it lost £7,000, ans was no bargain. But i didnt get on with it, and was pleased to be rid of it.

Gibbo clearly wants more from a car than the Mustang can offer , even in 2018 form, so has done the right thing to move on, I wish him all the best with the F Type

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Did you see the F type on The Grand Tour? The Hoff could not even get in. I went to buy an XKR years ago and found I could not see properly out of the windscreen, my eyes were level with the sun blind.
The F type chassis is a cut down version of the XK, which was based on the XJS from the mid 70's.
A 40 year old chassis with just as much thought to corrosion as they had then. I'd buy it but them I'm a Jag man from ages back. Me laddo will sell in two moths tops.

For 40yr old antique the handling seems not so bad :D :D :D

[ame]

Comes with manufacturer warranty and can be extended with Jaguar, so if it rots, corrodes, or explodes, they will fix it and the service cannot be any worse than Ford. :D

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For me the Mustang has a niche ( a naturally aspirated, stick shift car ) and that's it appeal. If you're not bothered by naturally aspirated and/or stick shift then there is a much wider selection of cars to choose from, who (especially with the auto) do it much better.

I fear the Mustang is becoming too complicated with digital dash, magneride and 10 speed, with a price to match. It should concentrate on being fast and beautifully designed but basic, which is its appeal. It seems Mustang is trying to emulate Audi, Merc maybe even Porsche with all the tech, and if they do this they will lose. Mustang needs to differentiate not emulate.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
For me the Mustang has a niche ( a naturally aspirated, stick shift car ) and that's it appeal. If you're not bothered by naturally aspirated and/or stick shift then there is a much wider selection of cars to choose from, who (especially with the auto) do it much better.

I fear the Mustang is becoming too complicated with digital dash, magneride and 10 speed, with a price to match. It should concentrate on being fast and beautifully designed but basic, which is its appeal. It seems Mustang is trying to emulate Audi, Merc maybe even Porsche with all the tech, and if they do this they will lose. Mustang needs to differentiate not emulate.
The problem is most customers for new Mustangs are not the enthusiasts you see on this forum.Most buyers can't quite reach the price tag of the BMW /Merc/Porsche that they really want and so settle for the Mustang ,and if the 18 has more gizmos on it then the happier they will be to buy it ,and Ford know that.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
The problem is most customers for new Mustangs are not the enthusiasts you see on this forum.Most buyers can't quite reach the price tag of the BMW /Merc/Porsche that they really want and so settle for the Mustang ,and if the 18 has more gizmos on it then the happier they will be to buy it ,and Ford know that.
The reason I didn't want a generic German car is that they're just to common, and as I've said before I ain't propping up the German car industry with my money.....

If the Mustang went I'd be looking at a Jag, or an Alfa, or even a Lexus

I'd love a Morgan Aero 8, but it's got a BMW engine in it so it's a out....
Sponsored