Why didn't you wait or want the vert?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I saw a 5.0 convert. on the way to Fort Myers FL.. Never seen them in person until now.. This was two weeks ago.
Nice! Cannot wait to see and sit in one in person! And maybe add on a few Steeda aftermarket parts... :)
Sponsored

John@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
Cbrookre,

Dealerships are landing the 5.0s left and right. Although I haven't seen much of the convertibles yet. You will indeed see some really solid items from Steeda.. We have been working really hard.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I saw a 5.0 convert. on the way to Fort Myers FL.. Never seen them in person until now.. This was two weeks ago.
Thank you for Posting that PIC of a 2015 Mustang Convertible in Race Red. Next Topic Please! Case Closed for the Vert +++++++++

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
I have a vert now and it has been nice and everyone seems to want to ride in it. I've had it for 8 years and its been fun, but I want a coupe again. It will save my bald head from the continuous sunburn by driving topless and forgetting my hat. The rigidity is not as solid as i'd like and I don't enjoy taking care of the top.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertibles can never be true drag cars.
Excuse me? Do most Mustang buyers concern themselves with the Track or Drag Strip? How about taking your Golden Retrievers to the Beach for a swim in the Ocean with the Top down? That too complicated?:clap2:

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps all this negativity has to do not so much with Convertible ownership but where one lives? Yeah, its too damn hot and humid to enjoy the Top being down during a typical Florida Summer and it rains a bit almost every day from June thru Sept. However, from Oct thru May, perfect weather to slip on a Baseball Cap, Sunglasses, and put the top down. As Jimmy Buffet says, "In order to have the right attitude one must live at the right altitude."

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Excuse me? Do most Mustang buyers concern themselves with the Track or Drag Strip? How about taking your Golden Retrievers to the Beach for a swim in the Ocean with the Top down? That too complicated?:clap2:

Yeah. I just left the comment for myself. I could never buy a 'vert. I think they're cool and would love to have a aero fox GT vert. Red with white top and gut to cruise around in!! :D Then have the s550 fastback (Mach 1?!!) for the street stripe duty!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See, I am likely getting a convertible, so let me be devil's advocate. I do live in the Pacific NW, so we get more than our share of rain, but I will still probably go with it for a couple of reasons:

1) I would put the top down at every opportunity, I love driving with the top down. Have rented several and was never disappointed.
2) While I like the look and profile of the fastback, it really seriously makes the back seat totally unusable. Have sat in my '06 GT back seat and a 13 back seat, they are manageable. The Fastback of the 15 makes the backseat downright unusable for anyone over 5'6". Since I am pretty sure both kids are going to be taller than that, I would only get another 4-5 years until no kids could ride. Not sure the '15 vert headroom, but the '14 is fine for me and my 5'11" frame.
3) My wife is not a big fan of driving a convertible, so she will not be tempted to try to drive it (along with the manual) :)

This is a special car for me, have worked long and hard to be able to pay it off without sacrificing elsewhere, so V8 and 'vert were the target!

Chris
Not sure if present day sales figures still hold up but in the past, despite the high annual rain that the Metro Seattle area usually gets, they led the Nation with the (most) Convertible sales "per-capita" despite their grungy weather. Guess the urge to celebrate the Sunshine whenever the opportunity lends itself to dropping the Top down.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Not sure if present day sales figures still hold up but in the past, despite the high annual rain that the Metro Seattle area usually gets, they led the Nation with the (most) Convertible sales "per-capita" despite their grungy weather. Guess the urge to celebrate the Sunshine whenever the opportunity lends itself to dropping the Top down.
Hmm. I guess I am in the minority then, lol. More verts for the other Stang fans around.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Already have all the 'vert I need -- 90 Miata.

Even though I've had my Mustang for only 16 days and want to drive it everyday, I still took the Miata out for a spin this past weekend -- 68 degrees in Ohio, had to take advantage of it!

Sponsored

mustang.connection

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE #938, WW
I have a 2004 convertible (11,500 miles currently) and I LOVE IT! Last Sunday it was 75 here in Chicago and what a beautiful day it was to drive with the top down! My kids love taking the convertible out just for joy rides and ice cream as well. The car is definitely not a DD but more of a pleasure vehicle.
However, this time it had to be a fastback with a 6 speed and I wanted it to be something special. That is why I am getting the LE! I can not wait until it arrives (11/24 build date). Now it will be drag strips and road courses instead of Sunday drives and ice cream.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
While I think convertibles are fun to cruise around in , I wouldn't want one as a daily driver. Doesn't look as nice , and have to worry about convertible problems.

Also, I need all the rigidity and light weight I can get so I can drive those back roads .001 faster /s :p.

And i didn't wait because I don't know.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Do see alot of convertibles down here in the Vancouver/Portland area, but was not aware of that statistic. We are just hopeful people :)

Chris

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I initially wanted a vert but the lack of performance options that can be added derailed that.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I love convertibles, and have owned many but I'm shallow, and the Mustang looks best as a fastback.
Sponsored