gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Wow, tough crowd here. I was worried about being way in the back of the line but maybe no one else ordered one lol. Haven't had one for a couple years and really miss it. This one had to be a vert for me
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I wanted a Vert and had thought about buying one until the reviews came out. If the GT PP is getting comments about being floaty, flexy and being under dampened then I think a vert will be a hot mess. The vert will be just like a girl you drag out of a bar at 3am with messed up hair that is drunk and staggering. Im not willing to drop 5k more in the car to stiffen it up.

I realize you give up some level of rigidity when you cut out the roof but I think its going to be a bridge too far for this specific model.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what "I" wanted to do, loose the Fastback/Coupe look for the much sleeker Convertible profile. NVH, Rigidity, Weight Gain? For typical street use and a Daily driver, wow! Excellent rationale.
Hey look, we have different preferences! Alright sarcasm!

Sponsored

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
You are either a convertible person or you aren't. I used to ride sport bikes and this is the closest I can get for a DD to that. Convertibles are more visceral, more exposed, more connected to the outside world.

If I wanted a cocoon I'd have gotten a Benz S class or a Lexus.

And if you don't own a garage don't get a convertible. And if you are worried about break-ins don't live or work in the hood.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
:doh:

Vert has no place on a mustang.
The soft top looks cheap and deforms key body lines.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Reasons to get a convertible:
- Well insulated nowadays
- S550 'vert looks so fresh. f the haters I think it looks very sleek
- Open top motoring (especially with the V8)...true enthusiast wheels

Reason I didnt:
- $5,000

You are either a convertible person or you aren't. I used to ride sport bikes and this is the closest I can get for a DD to that. Convertibles are more visceral, more exposed, more connected to the outside world.

If I wanted a cocoon I'd have gotten a Benz S class or a Lexus.

And if you don't own a garage don't get a convertible. And if you are worried about break-ins don't live or work in the hood.
:clap2:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Never had a vert and doubt I ever will. They look great with the top down, but IMO they look like crap with the top up. Just ruins the lines of the car.

I've really enjoyed the glass roof on my '14, I wish that had been an option for the '15.

Sponsored

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
1) In my eyes, a convertible has two seats only. Unless it's an old 50's or 60's model tank of a car that has big bench seats and seating for 6. Sports cars are great for convertibles. Muscle/Pony cars, not so much.

2) I LOVE the fastback slope. It's gorgeous. The convertible top takes away from this.

3) $5000. I'd rather put that money in mods.

4) I have a 69 Convertible Corvette. I can't be too spoiled. ;)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I do not know a single person with a garage. Maybe they're common where you live, but here real estate here is too expensive to waste space on an indoor car storage spot.

And cars can be broken into anywhere.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I love the fastback on this car.

If I get a 'vert, it will be a Wrangler.

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
If you drive with a dog that wants to stick his head out the window maybe the convertible could help with that.

Otherwise, $'s, noisier with the top up or down, thief friendly, it is always either too hot or too cold, your shit blows all over the place, and you always wonder why you are going out of your way to try and get skin cancer.
Sponsored